"If the Knicks want Phil Jackson they can have him" - Stephen A Smith

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Phill is the best coach for this crop of players we have. The triangle will be the best offense that will make our two big men Tyson and Amare feel comfortable in the the paint. Melo's passing game (sharp crisp) and iso moments will also get its place in the Triangle. I will only suggest we keep our defensive coach since Phill's defense philosophy can be shaky a times.

Amar'e would be atrocious in the triangle.

He doesn't protect the ball well, he doesn't operate with his back to the basket -- he faces up way too much, I don't think he's a good enough passer, he has atrocious foot work.

Sometimes it seems as if he's incapable of operating in traffic from a stand still position. He's better when he's attacking with pace, but that's not exactly the triangle offense.

Everyone else would fit well (Fields would have to improve that jump shot) but I'm not sure STAT would fit.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
Y wont stat fit? When MJ retired first time, the ran the triangle through Pippen. And since stat is no horace grant (stat cant defend or rebound), why cant knicks have chandler play the role of grant, and have stat be the bill wennington knocking down elbow jumpers?

This is just a hypothetical of course, what Steven A Smith says holds no weight, mostly because he sounds like a ignorant idiot the way he talks.
As someone mentioned, a monkey , while defecating, with a banana in one hand, a typewriter infront of him, can piece together better journalism than Smith the wanna b hood ignoramus.

Amar'e would be atrocious in the triangle.

He doesn't protect the ball well, he doesn't operate with his back to the basket -- he faces up way too much, I don't think he's a good enough passer, he has atrocious foot work.

Sometimes it seems as if he's incapable of operating in traffic from a stand still position. He's better when he's attacking with pace, but that's not exactly the triangle offense.

Everyone else would fit well (Fields would have to improve that jump shot) but I'm not sure STAT would fit.

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
SAS claim to know Basketball. He was one of the head cheerleaders to bring Melo to NYC. What a jokster. Melo got paid and we are left with a player that can't play team basketball.

Yesterday this moron put all the blame on Lin and Coach Mike D. Really? Before Lin arrived, what was the Knicks record? After he was hurt, what did the knicks do again? 9-1? The guy is a buffoon and should be treated as one.

And back to Melo. How can you be a superstar in this league if you can't finish around the rim. What good are you if you can't play defense and on offense can't finish. My gosh, did the Knicks the hosed.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
you say to-mato , i say tom-ato , baffoon, monkey! its all the same :beer:. There should be a thread on how much we hate all these so called know it alls and experts. The only ones i respect are Clyde, Breen and Hahn, to some degree Tim Legler and the legendary but always under appreciated Hubie Brown. The Jon Barrys , Smiths, Barkleys, are like the blind leading the blind.

SAS claim to know Basketball. He was one of the head cheerleaders to bring Melo to NYC. What a jokster. Melo got paid and we are left with a player that can't play team basketball.

Yesterday this moron put all the blame on Lin and Coach Mike D. Really? Before Lin arrived, what was the Knicks record? After he was hurt, what did the knicks do again? 9-1? The guy is a buffoon and should be treated as one.

And back to Melo. How can you be a superstar in this league if you can't finish around the rim. What good are you if you can't play defense and on offense can't finish. My gosh, did the Knicks the hosed.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Y wont stat fit? When MJ retired first time, the ran the triangle through Pippen. And since stat is no horace grant (stat cant defend or rebound), why cant knicks have chandler play the role of grant, and have stat be the bill wennington knocking down elbow jumpers?

This is just a hypothetical of course, what Steven A Smith says holds no weight, mostly because he sounds like a ignorant idiot the way he talks.
As someone mentioned, a monkey , while defecating, with a banana in one hand, a typewriter infront of him, can piece together better journalism than Smith the wanna b hood ignoramus.

Theoretically that could work, if STAT's shots fall. Last year he was killing from 15-18 feet with his jumper. This year his field goal percentage plummeted with that shot, and it's being contested more this season than it was last year. Plus he's not getting it in the same rhythm when the shots aren't coming out of PnR/pick-n-pop action. This year it's more of a spot up jumper, and it looks busted as hell.

If last night was the first sign that he can hit that spot up jumper (and he started bricking late in that game, so I dunno) then yea, it might work if he's not being relied on in the post.

I know Stephen A can be a blow hard. But the one thing that he said that stuck with me is his line about the eye test.

"You can say whatever you want to me, but my eyes ain't gonna lie to me."

iSaYughh

Starter
Would be very surprised if Jackson came here.

But as far as "final hoorahs" go, it wouldn't get any better than this.

Still don't think he is up for the NYC basketball circus, and despite the sum of our parts being very very talented not sure he is willing to stick his neck out to try to make this team be a true contender.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Would be very surprised if Jackson came here.

But as far as "final hoorahs" go, it wouldn't get any better than this.

Still don't think he is up for the NYC basketball circus, and despite the sum of our parts being very very talented not sure he is willing to stick his neck out to try to make this team be a true contender.

I think he could deal with the circus, I don't know if he wants to deal with Dolan tho.

I say his coming here lies solely on how much institutional influence Dolan is willing to give up.

That, to me, does not bode well for us.

But oh boy do I wish...

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
If Jax came, unlike D'antoni, maybe he would allow Clyde to teach Lin and just in general teach the team how to play defense.

If Clyde taught them then Jax would make them do it.

iSaYughh

Starter
I think he could deal with the circus, I don't know if he wants to deal with Dolan tho.

I say his coming here lies solely on how much institutional influence Dolan is willing to give up.

That, to me, does not bode well for us.

But oh boy do I wish...

Exactly. And it indeed bodes *horribly* for us.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Let's be completely honest here...

Our players do not have high enough basketball-IQ's to efficiently run the triangle.

The triangle is only as good as the weakest person on the team understands it. We have some dumb people on our team.