How to win game 3

Red

TYPE-A
lang-balboa.jpg

"THE HEAT WILL WIN THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP"

Isn't it funny how we heard the same thing last year? To use words from the great Dennis Green, "we mind as well crown they asses then"!

Then DAL went on to win the chip, while providing a blueprint and hope that anything is possible. Granted MIA has a few new pieces, they are beatable.

The question isn't who's better... the question is CAN YOU BEAT THEM?

1. Tyson the man handler. He needs to come alive. If he has the flu, I want to see contagion all over the enemy. Thats the least he could do. Besides that, he must get back to patrolling the paint and rolling to the hoop.

As I stated early in the season, Tyson is a mismatch with most centers on offense. We must get him involved early. Its no mystery why we started looking better after our early struggles- we got Tyson involved early, and he produced while drawing fouls. Before Linsanity; pre-Melo drama; there was TYSON rolling to the basket. Let's not forget that! We shouldn't be "looking" for offense when we have an athletic seven footer in the paint. USE HIM!

2. We all saw what the value of a PG who could a) get in the lane and draw defenders, and b) dish, can do. BD must be able to attack, attack, attack. If he can't early, TD must be inserted to attack. If he can't then JR must attack. The point is, by standing and dribbling without a purpose we are playing into the defenses hands. They must be instructed to use any means to get into the paint or ride the bench.

3. MELO must rise. At the 4, Melo has thrived. His perimeter game cannot be defended by other 4's. He is quick enough to stifle any dribble attempts by opposing 4's. He must rise! At the least he can draw fouls from their bigs. Stop settling for jumpers ala MDA and drive young man.

300.jpg

4. Our defense must be stout. If Jeffries or Jorts is in for STAT (or Melo), we must understand that TYSON is still the big man priority and they cannot rely on him on defense like STAT. They must be a presence. They will be needed to spell Melo at the 4 and Tyson. They must take advantage of this opportunity.

Defense MUST be our priority. Our primary goal should be to stop them. All hands on deck, we need to play defense! The offense will come but we need to defeat them on defense. Make them a jump shooting team. This will lead to breaks, and reduce the pressure on offense.

5. Understand, the problem with a team who closes out on offensive players so hard is that they overcommit. Patience and ball movement overrides this. This ball movement has to be crisp, precise, and purposive. The opportunities will come with this approach and it must be by design so as to be replicated until they relent.

6. Use the crowd. This isn't time for reflection or self-pity. This is not the time for excuses. We are at war, and it's a blessing to be here. Let's not take anything for granted and seize the moment. The crowd should be raucous.

7. Believe.

If you think a team is the best; that they are unbeatable, unstoppable, and flawless. Then you've lost before you get on the court. We can compare who's better Melo or Bron, Tyson or Bosh... all day. It's not who's better, individually or collectively.

It's CAN YOU BEAT THEM?

Ask MIL or DAL or KOBE... **** ask the NY GIANTS...

the answer is yes. We must believe. Series aren't won in one game. Championships aren't won with one game. Do enough of the right things and let the chips fall where they may.

The Knicks owe it to us, and just like Lin hitting that three against Toronto, we owe it to them to believe.

It can be done.

3554264957_59133f1c82_o.jpg

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Yea, I understand there is this human tendency to always hope for the best.

But we need to look past this tendency and realize that there is no way Knicks is winning a quarter, much less a game, this series.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Yea, I understand there is this human tendency to always hope for the best.

But we need to look past this tendency and realize that there is no way Knicks is winning a quarter, much less a game, this series.

yeah you're an ass, its people like you who make this **** harder than what it already is, if you dont have faith in the Knicks then why are you on this site posting and toasting with die hard fans, who understand the struggle but will not give up hope

we're not gonna crown those busters champions yet because they haven't proved ****, neither have we but we got potential, get the hell out of here if you're just gonna be an idiot about everything someone says positive

orangeblobman

Rotation player
yeah you're an ass, its people like you who make this **** harder than what it already is, if you dont have faith in the Knicks then why are you on this site posting and toasting with die hard fans, who understand the struggle but will not give up hope

we're not gonna crown those busters champions yet because they haven't proved ****, neither have we but we got potential, get the hell out of here if you're just gonna be an idiot about everything someone says positive

Listen, phat dog, I'm as positive as the next guy but this team is fast approaching Marbury-Isiah-Era levels.

We had a good thing going before the Melo trade and we're in a nightmare right now. You just don't realize it's a nightmare yet. I'm ahead of the curve. Lin doesn't fall out of nowhere for us and we're not in the playoffs right now.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I am looking for the "double nickels in the garden" from our star MELO tomorrow night. Defense will be better with STAT's punk a$$ on the BENCH. We will need a second and third scorer so JR and BD better be ready...The Heat are a different team on the road...Keep hope alive!!!!

Paul1355

All Star
Have Melo score 30-40 points
Tyson needs to rebound and defend the paint at all costs while staying out of foul trouble
Jr and Novak have to score atleast 10 points each
Davis has to limit his turnovers
Bibby needs more playing time
Jeffries and Josh Harrelson need to see some time off the bench

Force the Heat to be jump shooters, meaning Wade should not score every point in the paint like he did in game 2.

fender0577

Rotation player
lang-balboa.jpg

"THE HEAT WILL WIN THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP"

Isn't it funny how we heard the same thing last year? To use words from the great Dennis Green, "we mind as well crown they asses then"!

Then DAL went on to win the chip, while providing a blueprint and hope that anything is possible. Granted MIA has a few new pieces, they are beatable.

The question isn't who's better... the question is CAN YOU BEAT THEM?

1. Tyson the man handler. He needs to come alive. If he has the flu, I want to see contagion all over the enemy. Thats the least he could do. Besides that, he must get back to patrolling the paint and rolling to the hoop.

As I stated early in the season, Tyson is a mismatch with most centers on offense. We must get him involved early. Its no mystery why we started looking better after our early struggles- we got Tyson involved early, and he produced while drawing fouls. Before Linsanity; pre-Melo drama; there was TYSON rolling to the basket. Let's not forget that! We shouldn't be "looking" for offense when we have an athletic seven footer in the paint. USE HIM!

2. We all saw what the value of a PG who could a) get in the lane and draw defenders, and b) dish, can do. BD must be able to attack, attack, attack. If he can't early, TD must be inserted to attack. If he can't then JR must attack. The point is, by standing and dribbling without a purpose we are playing into the defenses hands. They must be instructed to use any means to get into the paint or ride the bench.

3. MELO must rise. At the 4, Melo has thrived. His perimeter game cannot be defended by other 4's. He is quick enough to stifle any dribble attempts by opposing 4's. He must rise! At the least he can draw fouls from their bigs. Stop settling for jumpers ala MDA and drive young man.

300.jpg

4. Our defense must be stout. If Jeffries or Jorts is in for STAT (or Melo), we must understand that TYSON is still the big man priority and they cannot rely on him on defense like STAT. They must be a presence. They will be needed to spell Melo at the 4 and Tyson. They must take advantage of this opportunity.

Defense MUST be our priority. Our primary goal should be to stop them. All hands on deck, we need to play defense! The offense will come but we need to defeat them on defense. Make them a jump shooting team. This will lead to breaks, and reduce the pressure on offense.

5. Understand, the problem with a team who closes out on offensive players so hard is that they overcommit. Patience and ball movement overrides this. This ball movement has to be crisp, precise, and purposive. The opportunities will come with this approach and it must be by design so as to be replicated until they relent.

6. Use the crowd. This isn't time for reflection or self-pity. This is not the time for excuses. We are at war, and it's a blessing to be here. Let's not take anything for granted and seize the moment. The crowd should be raucous.

7. Believe.

If you think a team is the best; that they are unbeatable, unstoppable, and flawless. Then you've lost before you get on the court. We can compare who's better Melo or Bron, Tyson or Bosh... all day. It's not who's better, individually or collectively.

It's CAN YOU BEAT THEM?

Ask MIL or DAL or KOBE... **** ask the NY GIANTS...

the answer is yes. We must believe. Series aren't won in one game. Championships aren't won with one game. Do enough of the right things and let the chips fall where they may.

The Knicks owe it to us, and just like Lin hitting that three against Toronto, we owe it to them to believe.

It can be done.

3554264957_59133f1c82_o.jpg
:agreed::agreed::agreed:Well said, your dead on with #5 and #7.Those are the 2 main things i'm looking for tonight :gony:.

TakMan

Rotation player
Listen, phat dog, I'm as positive as the next guy but this team is fast approaching Marbury-Isiah-Era levels.

We had a good thing going before the Melo trade and we're in a nightmare right now. You just don't realize it's a nightmare yet. I'm ahead of the curve. Lin doesn't fall out of nowhere for us and we're not in the playoffs right now.

Only that Lin missed most games played under Woodson. Oh and we won most of those. We've made the playoffs 2 years running (That's 2 more years that we did under Thomas) and both years have been with entirely different squads. Maybe we get swept this year, maybe we don't; but if we can keep some roster stability coming into next year, the only way is up; and that is when it becomes a nightmare for a Heat loving fan like yourself.

knicksin60

Starter
Red, I think you are an intelligent poster but do you really believe that the Knicks have any shot at beating a team that looks at them as a deer in their headlights? Let's mot forget, the Miami Heat don't have just 1 nor 2 but have 3 beasts that Stephon Marbury in his hey-day would have loved throwing the ball down low to.

I'll remain optimistic until the final buzzer of the Knicks season. The Heat do look like they can go all the way this year...but I wouldn't be a Knick fan if I was doubting them at every chance I get....without good reason.

We have been injury prone this year, it hurt the entire teams plans. But if the Knicks go out on the court still believing they have a chance...than as a supporter I need to have their backs...or find something else to do before the misery turns me into a dueche bag. There's already enough estrogen flowing around here... not sure if I should be commenting on the Knicks game or go on a panty raid.

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
1) keep feeding the post on the inside to have Tyson Chandler attack the weak interior of the Heat. That will open everything up.

2) Have Melo work off of screens instead of post-ups. That way we don't waste 10 seconds just to get him the ball.

3) play hardcore defense and hope that the referees let basketball play, unlike in Game-1.

4) Bench needs to step the **** up and play like the deep team that we are. Expose the weakness of the Heat bench.

5) penetrations, penetrations, penetrations. - this is hard due to the tough D by the Heat perimeter stars, but can be done by feeding the inside first and opening everything up.

Kiyaman

Legend
I am wondering how this game will turn out when coach Woodson will have to give playintime to players he showed little to no confidence in b/c star-players Stat, Melo, and himself didnt want this-player or that-players in the rotation for personal reasons more than performance reasons.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I am wondering how this game will turn out when coach Woodson will have to give playintime to players he showed little to no confidence in b/c star-players Stat, Melo, and himself didnt want this-player or that-players in the rotation for personal reasons more than performance reasons.

Jordan wasn't playing becuase he's too raw and Douglas lost his minutes for obvious reasons. Woodson has given everyone a fair shot.

quiggle

Starter
not trying to sound negative but whats the point of winning game 3 or game 4? the only good coming out of it is Dolan/NBA will pocket another game or two of profits. it does nothing for the fans and another player can get injured if the series prolongs.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'll remain optimistic until the final buzzer of the Knicks season. The Heat do look like they can go all the way this year...but I wouldn't be a Knick fan if I was doubting them at every chance I get....without good reason.

The Miami Heats 33 point win took advantage of every Knicks weakness in the first game, this showed how well & thorough the Heats team did their homework to know everything about the Knicks scouting report. The Heats performance was so damn hot Amare broke the glass to get the fire-exstiquisher which only added another weakness to the Knicks as a team.

Yeah, I agree the Miami Heats team are prepared to go all the way...