With the 1st pick in the 2019 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select...

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
After last night's loss I've come to the conclusion that management has sat down with Fizdale and told him to do his best to lose every game left this year.

And to be honest, it's the right move.

We must tank to get an elite player from next years draft.

After last night's loss I've come to the conclusion that management has sat down with Fizdale and told him to do his best to lose every game left this year.

And to be honest, it's the right move.

We must tank to get an elite player from next years draft.

We're a young team that is rebuilding through the draft. So for us to eventually succeed we must get the best possible talent from each draft.

In the last couple years we have acquired:

A Franchise Unicorn (Porzingis)
A Defensive-Minded Guard (Ntilikina)
A Scoring Wing with Defensive Prowess (Dotson)
A Forward that has KD Potential (Knox)
A Defensive-Minded Center who has the ability to become Defensive Player of the Year (Robinson)
And a Scoring Guard that can break down any defender at will (Trier)

I think we've done pretty well so far, but we must continue to add more players.

This upcoming draft has one of the strongest classes in recent years. It's so strong that it has 2 players (Zion/Barrett) that could easily be 1st overall selections, not just in this draft but in multiple drafts.

Right now our Knicks have an 11.5% chance to land the 1st pick, an 11.4% chance to land the 2nd pick, an 11.2% chance to land the 3rd pick, and an 11% chance to land the 4th pick.

Those odds give us a great chance to add a game changing player to our team next year.

In my opinion there's 4 players who we should be targeting in the upcoming draft. Check them out:

ZION WILLIAMSON

6'7 - 285 lbs​

Thru 3 games at DUKE: 25.3 PPG/10.7 RPG/2.7 APG/3 BPG

R.J. BARRETT

6'7 - 202 lbs​

Thru 3 games at DUKE: 25.3 PPG/4.7 RPG/4.7 APG

CAM REDDISH

6'8 - 218 lbs​

Thru 3 games at DUKE: 16.7 PPG/4 RPG/2.7 APG/2.6 SPG

NASSIR LITTLE

6'6 - 220 lbs​

Thru 3 games at UNC: 12 PPG/4.7 RPG/1 APG/1.3 BPG

Which one of these players would you want our Knicks to draft?

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Let?s also remember we should be getting a high second round pick. Perhaps another Robinson or Trier type?

mafra

Legend
I think that became obvious the moment the injury occurred... More so given KP?s injury history... he should return around March and play 15 minutes... just enough to show the world he?s back to form...

Knicks gain nothing winning 33 games... they may set KP back if he returns before he?s fullly recovered. No sense coming back in Jan when healthy... wait longer until you are 100 percent healed...

Zion and RJ are too good not to chase the dream. And events conspired to make this path the only viable option.

This doesn?t mean you tank or try to lose or not to everything to win. You just be smart and play all the kids and let them take their lumps.

Our worry was that Kanter, Lee and Timmy would play well enough to sneak out a win here and there and then watch those ads up to the point where we inject KP and shoot for 39 wins. Fortunately, that ain?t happening.

After 18 worthless seasons... what?s a few more months of agony? They prize in June awaits and it?s a good one.

RJ or Zion, with Knox and Knits and Trier and KP and Robinson... that?s the start of something. I wouldn?t even care if we signed a free agent. That alone makes me giddy with hope.

Kiyaman

Legend
I think that became obvious the moment the injury occurred... More so given KP’s injury history... he should return around March and play 15 minutes... just enough to show the world he’s back to form...

It became obvious the Knicks were going to TANK the 2018-19 season on the Day Mills & Perry hired the rookie head-coach the Memphis Grizz players FIRED personally last season .. David Fizdale !!!

The Knicks has not put together a winning coaching staff since JVG quit .. Phil Jackson put together the worse NBA coaching staff ever in his career as the Knick President. And Mills & Perry 2018 offseason moves were Dum, clueless, and lucky to get MitchRob and Trier.
A healthy KP's athleticism and B.Ball IQ are not high enough to win Knick games .. nor could KP have a double-double performance averaging 35 minute per game .. nor could Tired-KP shoot above 40% from fga .... Tired-KP still hasn't showed any signs of being a legit Starter in the NBA in 3 seasons.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Let’s also remember we should be getting a high second round pick. Perhaps another Robinson or Trier type?

I hope so :gony:

In the 2nd round we should be looking for a point guard who can pass. Not a star point guard but someone who can manage the game well without turning the ball over.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Our record now stands at 6 - 14 after tonight's win :gony:

If we keep playing like we did the last 2 games then we may not even be in the lottery :lol:

Here are the next 10 opponents we play:

At Grizzlies
At Pistons
At 76ers
Bucks
Wizards
At Celtics
Nets
Hornets
At Cavs
At Hornets

We should come away with at least 4 wins. At the same time I do feel like we have a chance to beat every team, it just depends how our guys play each game.

I think these next 10 games are gonna be pivotal for us and will show everyone in what direction our team is truly going in.

mafra

Legend
Well, PHO won in MIl and CLE win in PHI tonight. This is our first win streak of the season.

If the team rolls off a 20-12 stretch... cool... see where we are come mid Jan. If we?re within reach of a playoff spot, then you have to ease KP back.

After all, Mudiay and Vonleh are almost like draft picks (given their age and talent). If they force us out of lottery, great.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Our record now stands at 6 - 14 after tonight's win :gony:

If we keep playing like we did the last 2 games then we may not even be in the lottery :lol:

At Grizzlies
At Pistons
At 76ers
Bucks
Wizards
At Celtics
Nets
Hornets
At Cavs
At Hornets

We should come away with at least 4 wins. At the same time I do feel like we have a chance to beat every team, it just depends how our guys play each game.

I think these next 10 games are gonna be pivotal for us and will show everyone in what direction our team is truly going in.

we're 1 - 2 so far.

Our team is very frustrating smh

It should be Zion or Playoffs nothing else

Kiyaman

Legend
Originally Posted by KNICKS MOB
Our record now stands at 6 - 14 after tonight's win

If we keep playing like we did the last 2 games then we may not even be in the lottery

At Grizzlies
At Pistons
At 76ers
Bucks
Wizards
At Celtics
Nets
Hornets
At Cavs
At Hornets

Crazy how things have changed in the last month smh

I didn?t think we would be this bad

Saying the Knicks played bad is being nice .. Fizdale's young-core developing-system has flunked or stunk terribly in the 2nd half of the last 15 games (going 3-12) since the 3 game win streak over (Boston/Pelicans/Grizz) !!!
Fizdale's rotation and player-format plan fell victim on both offense n defense so bad during the 2nd half of all of the last 15 games, even the 3 wins were prayer endings.
If Fizdale coaching dont show a substance of improvement after the All-Star game .. i don't see any of the top-6 picks coming to the Knicks pre-draft camp !!!