2012-2013 Season Ticket Relocation & Pricing

I feel I kinda got screwed too... Went from 313 Row K seats 11-12 (on the aisle closer to half court) for $63 each to 222 Row 11 (same row) seats 9 - 10 (5 seats from the aisle towards half court) for $75 each. Called the rep to ask who got the seats closer to the aisle and he said it was the people from the next section who went from $83 down to $75. Said the Garden is trying to give everyone as close to the same sightline as before and with the revamping of the sections you may not be on the aisle if you were before.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
That's another bad side effect of the renovation, people are losing their Aisle. They're basically going from 46 sections in the upper bowl this year to 27 sections next year. IE there's now going to be 41% less aisles in the new place so there's going to be plenty of net losers in this new configuration

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
Forget the regular K-List for next year. I spoke with the account manager and put in my deposit 2 months ago and was told I wouldn't get tickets for next season. There are two seperate list. K-List and the VIP List which is for people who pay up $450 per seat for season tickets to the NY Liberty. They get first dibs. I assume that list is short so they should fill up the majority of the available seats next season and maybe a little bit of the K List. Best case senario for me will probably be a 3 year wait.

New seating does suck. I bought 116 club section for the Raptors game, and the rows are like 20 seats deep. such a pain in the ass to get up and move around.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Forget the regular K-List for next year. I spoke with the account manager and put in my deposit 2 months ago and was told I wouldn't get tickets for next season. There are two seperate list. K-List and the VIP List which is for people who pay up $450 per seat for season tickets to the NY Liberty. They get first dibs. I assume that list is short so they should fill up the majority of the available seats next season and maybe a little bit of the K List. Best case senario for me will probably be a 3 year wait.

That's crazy man, I remember just 2 years ago you couldn't PAY someone to take your tickets to many games. There were so many times I stood outside the garden trying to get a scalper to buy my 400s off me for $20 for the pair and if I didn't get laughed at with the guy walking away, the best offer was $5. There was no waiting list, anyone could buy season tickets to almost every section except in the 400's. You could buy them right off the website. Eventually you had to call in, and now you have to get on a waiting list.

I don't think that $450 seat at the Liberty is worth the cost to get on that list, unless you're a big women's basketball fan. When you get your call, the only available seats will probably be the $100++ in the lower bowl and near the price breaks.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
$95 per seat is where my max is at. unfortunately you can't choose which area. it's just upper bowl or lower bowl and the sales people at MSG suck. they don't know anything and won't tell you anything. Their attitudes are terrible too. I guess they get too many request everyday. i honestly don't know why they are needed though. Every time I try to call they'll pick up the phone and hang up right away lol.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
im on the waiting list. $250 dollar deposit per seat. It's refundable until you get offered something. If you get offered something it's non refundable. oh yeah and sales lie all the time. I spoke with 2-3 different people and say different things every time. K-LIST is def established but they won't let you know where you are at on the list.

If it is a 90% renewal rate and base off the 4000 season tickets available. There would be 400 new subs. take off 200 for VIP list and you're left with 200 on the K list.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
what kind of knicks events are season subscribers allowed to go to? i.e Knicks Bowling or the one where Laudry starts singing and stuff.

JerseyBoy

Rookie
That's crazy man, I remember just 2 years ago you couldn't PAY someone to take your tickets to many games. There were so many times I stood outside the garden trying to get a scalper to buy my 400s off me for $20 for the pair and if I didn't get laughed at with the guy walking away, the best offer was $5. There was no waiting list, anyone could buy season tickets to almost every section except in the 400's. You could buy them right off the website. Eventually you had to call in, and now you have to get on a waiting list.

I don't think that $450 seat at the Liberty is worth the cost to get on that list, unless you're a big women's basketball fan. When you get your call, the only available seats will probably be the $100++ in the lower bowl and near the price breaks.
Man, tell me about it. Just 2 seasons ago the tickets that cost me $56 each, when I couldn't make a game, had no bid on ebay and then I'd have guys offering me $20 for the pair. I wish the folks on the waiting list or paying $450 to the NYL had shown me a bid a few years ago!!

DCinNY

Benchwarmer

Yes it is a waste, but if you donate the tickets then you can get a tax deduction. At least this way you get a certain percentage back and give yourself a much better chance for the tickets.

I sucked it up and made the $900 donation just so I can better my chances. I'm not sure I'll be in the area long enough to wait.

Are the chances of the more expensive tickets higher than the less costly ones?

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Got the renewal package in the mail Saturday. Now I know why they jacked up prices to high... it was to pay for the super extra high gloss photo paper marketing brochure that everyone just puts in the garbage!!

JoeNYK

Rookie
Are your guys happy with their new seats location? I got moved from 424 to 211 so I think I did OK. Being a new STH since 2011 and half season holder since 2010, I moved from Row B to Row 15. I think that's the first row in the $56 price range? Anyone know?

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Are your guys happy with their new seats location? I got moved from 424 to 211 so I think I did OK. Being a new STH since 2011 and half season holder since 2010, I moved from Row B to Row 15. I think that's the first row in the $56 price range? Anyone know?

wow talk about center court, and yes, that's the first row in the lower price break. Yeah, you did really well.

just wanted to give my year end results and feedback as a first year STH for the knicks.

i have 2 seats at the $63 price level (will become $75 next season). i sold (or gave some freebies to friends/family) the games i didn't attend leaving me with a net cost of $852.

By the end of the regular season, i will have attended 14 games at an avg cost of $30.41 per ticket. (If you want to factor in the $900 i dumped on NY Liberty tickets to get on the VIP list, then my avg cost per ticket shoots back up to $62.55)

i'm pretty pleased with my ROI and look forward to renewing for the 2012-13 season.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
got confirmation that the Knicks are taking away food voucher benefits for season ticket holders starting next season.

I guess for paying 50% more for tickets you also get the bonus of having no more free food. Thanks Dolan, you cheap bastard

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
$100 dollar food voucher for the year? wow MSG really is cheaping out. that's ****ed up

You want to hear cheap? The Rangers don't have that vouchers perk at all. Instead, they give you coupons for $1 sodas when you buy two overpriced hot dogs or pretzels (super size only please) AND a full priced soda.

How generous to sell us 7 cents worth of soda for a buck

20zd46o.jpg

I scanned those before I used them as kindling for a bondfire. Note the "while supplies last" fine print. Really, you're going to run out of ****ing soda?

Who wouldn't want to keep dropping 6 grand on tickets every year with those goodies!

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
all that money saved is going into amare and melo's pocket. they should buy drinks for every one for the whole season.