Game Thread: New York Knicks at Minnesota Timberwolves - 3/31/21

Randle catching fire late in the 3rd. Knicks lead by 11 going into the 4th quarter. Can?t let TWolves get any life. Close this one out.

Knicks just don?t know how to put anyone away. Play too sloppy. Don?t have a real floor general. Trail by 1 with 37 seconds to go.

mafra

Legend
Knicks down by 1... 35 seconds left... they turn it over... lose possession. MIN ball. They get steal. Randle misses shot.... NY gets rebound, TAJ calls TO, they say jump
Ball... Bs!!!

They may give NY the ball... 5 seconds left.

RJ misses badly and Knicks lose.

I normally try to be pretty positive, but this loss is hard to stomach. Just a sloppy 4th quarter effort that almost makes you forget how good this team has been at times this season.

mafra

Legend
RJ misses shot at buzzer... 5 games since ASB where Knicks had a chance to tie or take lead... 3 turnovers and 2 missed shots... 0-5 in all 5.

22-9 closing run for MIN as they wipe away 18 point deficit.

Folks... we are officially out of the mix... standings may not reveal it, but we will end up the 9-10 seed and lose in the loser Tourny. I doubt we even earn right to get swept by Nets.

mafra

Legend
MIN rookie McDaniels with 18 points... IQ and Obi combine for 3 on 6 shots in over 20 minutes.

Another game we win if we draft Halliburton.

Randle and RJ played well but between the 2 of them they blew 3 chances in the last 30 seconds.

Payton had a decent game. But no Derrick Rose, Quickley with 0 points in 13 minutes, Burks couldn?t put up another 20 point game.

Without MRob, without Rose, and with Quickley and Burks falling back to earth, this team seemed underpowered when it mattered.

mafra

Legend
Yanks begin tomorrow so my interest in this team will dwindle to almost zilch. This is the loss the forced me to jump off the boat.

I don?t even think we finish above .500 now.

24 games remain... I predict we end season 2-7, so for the other 15 games? I think we go 6-9 in those contests...

So, my prediction for the final 24 games is 8-16.

Will anybody care about the final loser 4 Tourny? Not I.

So, I am officially on the tank train now. Will root for 0-24...

Knicks just went 6-7 in March. We lost MRob, didn?t get any help. Bullock and Noel in starting lineup is great for defense but not good for offense.

Hey, we accomplished what we set out to do this season. No shame in whatever happens now.

Broadway

All Star
I work M-W-T part-time and miss a ton of Knicks basketball. The times I?ve watched aside from the decent start we had early on, they haven?t impressed me. I thought this game was in the bag glancing boxscore often as possible

This team is SUPER MEDIOCRE!!!

I?m not disappointed when we lose as much, cuhz I don?t know what to expect from this team

We didn?t trade for Ball, made the most nothing burger trade at Deadline, and weren?t seriously in the running for Drummond. This team I tell ya šŸ˜©

MIN rookie McDaniels with 18 points... IQ and Obi combine for 3 on 6 shots in over 20 minutes.

Another game we win if we draft Halliburton.

I know you don?t like Toppin, but he really doesn?t have much to do with it. He only got 9 minutes. He knocked down a 3. He wasn?t in the game at all during that 4th quarter collapse.

mafra

Legend
I know you don?t like Toppin, but he really doesn?t have much to do with it. He only got 9 minutes. He knocked down a 3. He wasn?t in the game at all during that 4th quarter collapse.

Apparently Obi ain?t as NBA ready as Edwards and McDaniels.

This isn?t Obi?s fault. He?s extremely limited player and gets zero burn. But, I bet if we took Halliburton... TH scores 12 tonight and we win.

Our team prez drafted a guy bc his agency represented him. That decision is probably why we finish as 9-10 seed instead of a 4-6 seed.

It?s just a frustrating turn of events. To do nothing at the deadline and immediately MRob goes down for the season, not to mention Derrick Rose seems like he may just ghost the rest of this season. Hard to keep up with the pack.

Apparently Obi ain?t as NBA ready as Edwards and McDaniels.

This isn?t Obi?s fault. He?s extremely limited player and gets zero burn. But, I bet if we took Halliburton... TH scores 12 tonight and we win.

Our team prez drafted a guy bc his agency represented him. That decision is probably why we finish as 9-10 seed instead of a 4-6 seed.

We don?t need to do this again. Haliburton has been better, no question. I want to support Toppin and I genuinely believe he has the tools to be an offensive centerpiece. We just might never see it.

mafra

Legend
It?s amazing right... I mean, we are talking 2 decades... NYK must be 2-149 in shots to tie or take lead in final 10 seconds.

By accident somebody should get luck, no? And, guess what? Of those 151 tries... I bet 150 are jump shots. Nobody goes strong to the cup.

mafra

Legend
NY media acting shocked... asking Thibbs how this could happen? How? They have more talent.

Honestly, what roster would you prefer moving forward?

I beat Thibbs live this loss, and how it might?ve costs us any shot at a 4-6 seed. He will hammer the point home that you need to play for 48 minutes...

mafra

Legend
This same roster with Fizdale and his staff is 12 - 36 instead of 24 - 24.

Exactly! No matter what happens the final 26 games (from loss to Heat on)... season a tremendous success.

Randle and RJ have established themselves and will improve... we may have a spark plug off the bench in IQ... and we have cap space, draft picks, and legit coaching.

We don?t know if Rose is capable of acquiring talent... I really don?t have much faith in him... but, we shall see.

mafra

Legend
To all those who say we don?t need a PG... did you watch EP trying to close the game? AB turning ball over, IQ missing anything he shot?

Our PGs over the last decade:

2010-2011: Raymond Felton, Chauncey Billups
2011-2012: Toney Douglas (lol), point Shumpert (also lol), Jeremy Lin, Baron Davis
2012-2013: Raymond Felton
2013-2014: Raymond Felton
2014-2015: Jose Calderon, Shane Larkin
2015-2016: Jose Calderon
2016-2017: Derrick Rose
2017-2018: Jarrett Jack
2018-2019: Emmanuel Mudiay
2019 ? present: Elfriddddddd

I wouldn?t wish this list on my enemies... No surprise the 1 season we had Kidd we went to second round...