Lebron Motherf*cking James!

LeFlume

All Star
The question is. What is LeBron going to do tomorrow? Don't be surprised if he comes out firing on all cylinders and score 50 points and take this series back to Cleveland again.

Kiyaman

Legend
Red nice post.....
Babe, Jackson, and A.Rod all got booed in New York as Yankees, plus Yankee history is on a higher plane.

I live in New York all my life, all my out of state friends & family say, "New York is a nice place to visit (expensive though), but hell-no on living there.".
I dont see Lebron saving a Billion dollars living in New York.

Originally Posted by Red
I can respect that.

But... do you think Bron would choose Lee over Bosh? After their relationship on the Olympic team? I don't.

Do you think Lee is better than Jamison? In this system (which must be taken into account)- I think its a wash- which means Lee isn't enough as Jamison isn't.

And finally, If Lee's stats and game are improving under D'Ant- why not assume Bosh would be better? That's fair right?

What if LBJ says "yeah I want Bosh" and it costs a max deal- you wouldn't do that for those two? You would pass? I don't think so.

Can you imagine Lee on the Cavs instead of Jamison. When LBJ was deffering to his team- you think Lee would have made a difference in the results compared to Jamison? I don't- thus Lee isn't enough to entice LBJ IMO. If we can keep him AFTER we get 2 maxs or if we can get Parker and 2 max's- Lee should be an after thought IMHO.

David Lee is 26 yrs old matching Jamison performance, and dont think Lee will not go to Cleveland for the MLE to replace Big-Z & Shaq minutes, or that the Cavs can not make a major trade using Gibson, Mo, West, or Parker with their pick on draft night to keep Lebron.

The idea of getting Lebron is nice.....whats not nice is a Knick-fan talking and writing about Lebron James constantly for 2 years ..... more than the damn Cav-Fans.

Red

TYPE-A
It's a wrap!

Let's hope Bron shows good sportsmanship this time.

Now Bron, do the right thing.

There are so many lessons EVERYONE could learn from this game and series. That includes Mike Brown, Mike D'Ant, Walsh, Bron... everyone! So many important lessons.

Who's paying attention?

Asimov

Benchwarmer
Babe Ruth was traded but whatever

BRING ON THE KING

NO FVCKING WAY he signs with the Bulls. Why would you go from one loser city to another

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Last night he played like a true Knick. :afro:

LOL, this was classic lol

And as far as loyalty, I think that flew out the window after the booing.

Man CLE has some of the Dumbest fans ever.

Thanks trailer hicks.

UMM New York Fans BOO everyone... Ewing, Mattingly, Arod, Simms, Manning, Burress, it doesn't matter we boo... so if the Clevland fans are the dumbest ever, uhhh, I guess NYC are above them... at least with your logic

OK, anyone else wanna field that one?

I'll field it... Rose, Deng, Noah... also they have Gibson and Heinrick... so Lebron James would come into a situation where the pieces for actually winning are already there... Not a team which will have to build up those pieces. Look, Lebron has sat through years and years of GM's trying to trade and sign free agents to match with him and end up failing... why would he do the same thing in NYC where there talent level isn't half of what it was in Cleveland. From the outside looking in... If I was Lebron, I would see a team who has bungled so much Shyte in the pass, that i would have no faith in them... Be it Drafts or Trades, or Coach hirings, this team has no track record in doing what it takes to make a winner... at least recently. So with that said, I believe thats why Lebron would play for someone else (a loser organization as one would call it ) lol

Red

TYPE-A
Did someone say Magic? Must read...

LOL, this was classic lol

UMM New York Fans BOO everyone... Ewing, Mattingly, Arod, Simms, Manning, Burress, it doesn't matter we boo... so if the Clevland fans are the dumbest ever, uhhh, I guess NYC are above them... at least with your logic

I'll field it... Rose, Deng, Noah... also they have Gibson and Heinrick... so Lebron James would come into a situation where the pieces for actually winning are already there... Not a team which will have to build up those pieces. Look, Lebron has sat through years and years of GM's trying to trade and sign free agents to match with him and end up failing... why would he do the same thing in NYC where there talent level isn't half of what it was in Cleveland. From the outside looking in... If I was Lebron, I would see a team who has bungled so much Shyte in the pass, that i would have no faith in them... Be it Drafts or Trades, or Coach hirings, this team has no track record in doing what it takes to make a winner... at least recently. So with that said, I believe thats why Lebron would play for someone else (a loser organization as one would call it ) lol

New York didn't boo their only star player in an elimination game, multiple time mvp, who put their franchise on the map, and is considered one of the best if not the best player in the world, after losing or underperforming possibly due to injury.

Whether NY'ers did or not really isn't the issue, it was low and a move by spoiled / mad Cavs fans who don't appreciate what they have.

CLEVELAND -- Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni is feeling good these days about the Knicks' future, feeling almost like a King.
The sense throughout the Knick organization is the Cavaliers' stunning second-round ouster against Boston puts them on a level playing field with Cleveland in signing free agent LeBron James in July.
"I feel good about the possibility of being a very good team next year," D'Antoni told The Post yesterday. "I don't know anything yet about the main guy [James]. I really don't have a clue and I don't think anyone knows. But I am confident we can make it right. I do feel we're in a good position -- either way."

AP
MISSION POSSIBLE: Coach Mike D'Antoni said he thinks the Knicks are in "a good position" this offseason.

D'Antoni wasn't shocked either by the Celtics' 4-2 dismantling of the Cavaliers in the second round.
"I don't think it was an upset," D'Antoni said. "Boston was the better team. Everyone got down on them during the regular season but Kevin [Garnett] was hurt and people forget how good they were at the beginning of the season."
D'Antoni was amused at the shots James has taken since the Cavalier's ouster. "The guy is still great," D'Antoni said.
Though D'Antoni has been knocked for the Knicks' poor defensive play these past two seasons, nobody can knock the influence he will have on July 1. James, who played for D'Antoni on the U.S. Olympic team, is known to love his speedball philosophy. And that's noteworthy at this juncture because James, according to Cleveland sources, soured on coach Mike Brown's offensive system he deemed too slow and unimaginative.
Brown likely is to be fired in seven to 10 days, though that might not be enough for James to remain in Cleveland, as the Cavs have no cap space, no first-round pick and will be hard-pressed to make major changes.
Even Cavs owner Dan Gilbert admitted 61-win regular season is "meaningless," that winning in the playoffs requires a certain new dimension he must find.
The coach-less Bulls are considered a big threat to the Knicks because James can choose his own coach. But frankly, James would consider D'Antoni high on his list if he was unemployed.
D'Antoni said he couldn't talk specifically about James' free agency because of tampering rules. But according to people in the organization, the Knicks braintrust has deduced that what James needs most on his side is a sniper and a player who can create his own shot in the fourth quarter.
Both elements would take the heavy burden off James. The Knicks feel they have the sniper in Danilo Gallinari and a fourth-quarter shotmaker in Wilson Chandler -- two young players improving every season.
Knicks brass don't believe James necessarily needs a prominent point guard because James handles the ball so much and is such a great passer, he essentially is the point guard and floor general.

In fact, the main thing the Bulls' cast has over the Knicks' cast is at point, with Derrick Rose. Some league personnel wonder if James and Rose would mesh well because both players need the ball most of the time.
The Knicks feel with Gallinari, Chandler, James and another near-max player -- Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire or even shooting guard Joe Johnson -- they can be dangerous. D'Antoni is also counting on newcomer Bill Walker to be a vital part of the rotation off the bench, feeling his potential has only been scratched.
It is known James had a watchful eye on Gallinari this season. After the Cavaliers played the Knicks at the Garden for the lone time this season, James spoke with Gallinari after the game and told him to take care of his back.
Meanwhile, D'Antoni can take heart in the Suns' run to the Western finals with his former assistant Alvin Gentry running his speedball offense to perfection. D'Antoni's former club faces the Lakers tomorrow in Game 1.
"It's Alvin's way, too, but what it does is gives me more confidence that you can win that way," D'Antoni said. "I'm not gloating or taking credit because Alvin's done a great job, but I'm happy for them and it makes me feel good about the system."
Feelin' good. A lot of Knicks fans are feeling that way, too, after the Cavaliers showed they may not have the pieces to lure James to stay in Cleveland.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...at_seams_JzyZepXylmpgx5CX0taojL#ixzz0o65hCQiP

Exactly. Plus 2 second rounders, plus an "unlikely" playoff bonus, plus an expiring no later than next season EC contract, plus a MLE if needed, plus a renovated / rejuvenated Garden, not to mention the impending lure once we get some quality signed in here...

plus a couple of young up and comers, plus D. Lee's rights coming of an all-star year

and we didn't even get into the dough. You can believe all you want about how signing in NY wont make a monetary difference in this day and age, or LBJ is already a global brand etc...

in one way he would be leaving 30mil on the table OVER the life of the contract if he bounces. But he would (especially if we win) be at the financial, media, and advertising heart of the world in NY, in the most famous arena 41 plus games a year. Stop it.

The "winning" part is comical, that's part of the trickery of the NBA, they have successfully got everyone thinking they have a shot. That it's headed global.

No it isn't. LA and BOS 31 out of the last 50 finals. LA and BOS 25% won out of the last 50 years.

Sprinkle in some CHI 6 (Jordan), Spurs 4 (Duncan), DET 3 and what do you have?

Main market winning? or BOS and LA winning? O know the Wades and MIA's had a shot, but not that. We make the most money, we just didn't spend it right, or else the Knicks had the potential to be right up there.

Well, with Donnie and Co. things have the potential to change in a big way.

So this isn't about convincing LBJ that our team is good right now. It's about
him realizing his full potential by coming aboard, over and above winning can only be realized here at this time like no other.

Wherever he goes, even if he remains, it will be changes and rebuilding of some sort. We already have a coach he endorses. He and Bosh and Wade and many on the Olympic team already discussed sitting down and playing here together.

Everyone is trying to put a team together for James. Only in Ny is that a real option at this time given our financial situation and projection, front office and coach. CHI is just thrown there to make headlines- we all know it makes no sense for multiple reasons.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I would love to see LJ playing for my Knicks b/c I really do think he would bring back the basketball fever back to all the Knicks fans.

Here is my question thow!! I want to know if he does'nt sign with us then what happens to ALL those LJ Knick jerseys that was made by three quarters of the Knick fanbase.:smokin:

Red

TYPE-A
LeBron would be stupid to pass up this opportunity.

A combination of D'Antoni, Bron and Bosh, never mind the other supporting cast would be formidable for a long time.

add practiaclly an unlimited amount of capital and it could be dangerous for the league if managed correctly.

Make no mistake, the Knicks don't need LBJ anymore than he needs us. But, at this point a merger between the two would be mutually beneficial.

Knicks and their fans just want to be competitive again and make noise in the playoffs- LBJ or not, this will surfice. LBJ wants to win- but obviosly NOT at any cost... the situation has to be right. This summer after losing how he did, with our rejuvination, is the perfect moment to be paired with another legit star...

and room for another down the pipeline. NJ nor CHI can offer that, the coach and certainly not the city. We are (and should be) front runners... f*ck what Brussard or ESPN says!

CoolClyde

LeBron Motherf*ckin New York City!

There are so many reasons for LBJ to come to NYC. This is the greatest city in the world with the most knowledgeable, intelligent fans in the world. True, we have our share of d*cks and lame-o's, but that's just a percentage of the millions in the tri-state area. New York City has the best venue in the world to play in, NYC has the greatest restaurants in the world where LBJ will be eating the best food for free, NYC has the hottest women, the total amalgam of people, ethnicities, cultural enlightenment, etc. The best museums, the best parks, the best music and musicians, and on and on. NEW YORK F*CKING CITY! THE KING OF NEW YORK (Christopher Walken in a great movie), NEW YORK NEW YORK (Frank Sinatra sang our praises). NEW YORK CITY is the BEST F*CKING CITY IN THE WHOLE F*CKING WORLD!! That is by far one of the best reasons for LBJ to come here, because to win here is the greatest feeling a pro-athlete can have. You don't think Derek Jeter and the Yanks are going to campaign for LBJ to come here? The GIANTS?!?! THE New New York JETS with LT?? The Mets (oh well)... did I mention the World Champion Yanks, who LBJ loves!?!?! of course I did!! The time is now for LBJ to make a decision that will blow the mind of the entire sports world for years to come!! This is the media capital of the world, this is where the LBJ legacy will become a reality!! LBJ is the best b-ball player on the planet, and he deserves to come to the best city in the world, and bring us a championship! Walsh will do the right thing and line up a solid big man and/or point guard to entice LBJ, just like the Celtdicks did with Ray Allen and Garnett. It can be done, it will be done!! Knicks faithful, have faith!!
lebronpirestate.jpg

frazier_lebron.jpg

smokes

Huge Member
CoolClyde, what you said about the Celtics just made me think. Imagine if Cleveland did a S&T with Boston, Rondo for Lebron... Ouch!

Red

TYPE-A
Breaking News.... LBJ Rumors

1. ESPN reports: LeBron to work with Eddy Curry this off-season. I just heard this- I haven't checked the validity yet. Any comments?

2. Delonte West and LBJ's Mom. This is just a weird internet rumor- I haven't seen anything concrete yet on this.

3. Great Post Clyde. As I Said... LBJ would be stupid to pass up this opportunity

smokes

Huge Member
1. ESPN reports: LeBron to work with Eddy Curry this off-season. I just heard this- I haven't checked the validity yet. Any comments?

2. Delonte West and LBJ's Mom. This is just a weird internet rumor- I haven't seen anything concrete yet on this.

3. Great Post Clyde. As I Said... LBJ would be stupid to pass up this opportunity

Any comments?? It's not April Fools Day Red... Lebron and Eddy Curry?! Lmao yeah and I heard Kobe and Jerome James are going to work out too hahaha :lol:

Red

TYPE-A
Any comments?? It's not April Fools Day Red... Lebron and Eddy Curry?! Lmao yeah and I heard Kobe and Jerome James are going to work out too hahaha :lol:

No. it's May.
Eddy Curry's involvement in the Knicks' courtship of LeBron James is interesting since the veteran center has had a famous falling-out with head coach Mike D'Antoni, which began as far back as D'Antoni's first practice with the Knicks two seasons ago... NY Dailynews.com
They share the same agent. It makes sense being that they do share the same agent, Wesley the "powere broker" is involved with them and...

LeBron knows if he can convince Curry to get in shape for D'Ant's system he can help, either by actually playing or being a chip to acquire a "Big Three". Makes sense.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
D'antoni doesn't have a system... I'm tired of people continuing to state that garbage. This guy has proven to be ditz. He fooled the NBA and now surprisingly he's fooling some of you Knick fans... Didn't see any of this when Larry Brown was here.. and Brown is a million times better than D'antoniiii

Red

TYPE-A
D'antoni doesn't have a system... I'm tired of people continuing to state that garbage. This guy has proven to be ditz. He fooled the NBA and now surprisingly he's fooling some of you Knick fans... Didn't see any of this when Larry Brown was here.. and Brown is a million times better than D'antoniiii

D'Antoni does have a system. It's the spread P & R, and has been modified to be SSOL (although we modified it for our scrubs).

Do your research.

While I don't necessarily like it... if it brings in LBJ or stars then I can't complain.

How do y'all feel about LBJ contacting and working out w/ Eddy Curry?