Expiring Contracts

Who do you think deserves an extension the most?

• Nate Robinson,David Lee,Balkman

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Jerome James & Malik Rose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mardy Collins

• Wilson Chandler

• Stephon Marbury

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Believe it or not, the Knicks are going to have a lot of expiring contracts, after this season is over.Unfortunately,Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry aren't one of those guys.David Lee,Renaldo Balkman,Nate Robinson,Jerome James,Malik Rose,Stephon Marbury,Mardy Collins,and Wilson Chandler will all only have 1 year left on their contract, after this year.The Knicks will not be able to re-sign all of these guys, cause they are too over the salary cap.So which of these players do you think deserves an extension, if any, out of these group of guys who don't have a lot of time on their contracts?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I picked Marbury but I also think we should acquire Sebastian Telfair and give him an extension as well.

Telfair
Marbury
Q-Rich
Lee
Z-Bo

Whos messin with this startin 5? Not too many teams.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This one's a no brainer. Lee and Balkman are the future of the Knicks. Robinson is a keeper for the fans. I still believe the Knicks situation as every one thinks. There's a sucker born every minute so someone out there will take Curry or Randolph but no one seems to like Isiah or this organization so they aren't going to line up to help him out. I can see Curry/Rose or Curry/Balkman in a trade. For who is any one's guess. Twolves, Grizzlies, Hawks?

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
that starting 5 would win about 23 games

if we get lucky on a few games!

Lee is going to be a great player no doubt about it. Hes got the skills and attitude. A nice jumper and he becomes a starter. Nate is great. Hes the energy of the team. Hes tough and has a nice shot. Just needs to cut out ridiculous shots. Balkman is a verajao type player. a fucking annoying player whos always there to hassle people. Hes got the D and the all round hustle play. A reliable mid range shot would be nice but that will all come in time. Them 3 players all deserve extensions. They play hard wether we are up or down 20 (mostly down 20!)

Balkman should be gettin all the time at SF. Its time to give him some valuable playing experience as he is going to become a key figure in years to come!

Starks

Starter
Telfair is still alive???

He's got to be one of the biggest busts in the NBA since Kwame Brown. He's also the reason why sneaker companies should hit the breaks before signing streetball players to big league contracts.

It's pretty bad when the 3 most famous things about him are:

-Getting robbed for wearing a ridiculous chain that not even Mr. T would wear
-He's Marbury's cousin
-His sneaker deal is the biggest joke since John Wallace's deal

I'm sorry, but Telfair would be one the last players I ever would want to see a Knick. He probably wouldn't even make the cut on the And One team

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Telfair
Marbury
Q-Rich
Lee
Z-Bo

Worst. Lineup. Ever.
2005_0518_Comic%20Book%20Guy.JPG

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
if we get lucky on a few games!

Lee is going to be a great player no doubt about it. Hes got the skills and attitude. A nice jumper and he becomes a starter. Nate is great. Hes the energy of the team. Hes tough and has a nice shot. Just needs to cut out ridiculous shots. Balkman is a verajao type player. a fucking annoying player whos always there to hassle people. Hes got the D and the all round hustle play. A reliable mid range shot would be nice but that will all come in time. Them 3 players all deserve extensions. They play hard wether we are up or down 20 (mostly down 20!)

Balkman should be gettin all the time at SF. Its time to give him some valuable playing experience as he is going to become a key figure in years to come!
lol The Knicks are usually down by 20.I think they have about 15 games where they trailed by 20 or more this season alone.It's sad, yet true.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
C'mon fellas, Telfair is related to Marbury. He has to be good. Who actually is paying any attention to how he does in Minnesota? The More Marburys the better. Like I said before if it was up to me I would clone Marbury so he can play every position. Telfairs averaging almost 10 points and 6 assists in 32 and a half minutes, not bad.

Marbury + Telfair = Stars

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
C'mon fellas, Telfair is related to Marbury. He has to be good. Who actually is paying any attention to how he does in Minnesota? The More Marburys the better. Like I said before if it was up to me I would clone Marbury so he can play every position. Telfairs averaging almost 10 points and 6 assists in 32 and a half minutes, not bad.

Marbury + Telfair = Stars
Telfair would've been good, if he went to college.But instead of going to college for 1 year, like Marbury did, he went straight out of Lincoln HS in Brooklyn.I've seen Telfair, and he is good at driving to the rim.But he has a terrible jumpshot, and he lacks range.His 3 pt% is low, for a point guard.And I don't know about cloning Marbury for every position.Marbury would definitely make a good point guard or shooting guard, if he were cloned, but he doesn't have the defense or rebounding to be made into a frontcourt player.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Telfair would've been good, if he went to college.But instead of going to college for 1 year, like Marbury did, he went straight out of Lincoln HS in Brooklyn.I've seen Telfair, and he is good at driving to the rim.But he has a terrible jumpshot, and he lacks range.His 3 pt% is low, for a point guard.And I don't know about cloning Marbury for every position.Marbury would definitely make a good point guard or shooting guard, if he were cloned, but he doesn't have the defense or rebounding to be made into a frontcourt player.

I know hes only 6'2" but I think he can guard pf's and centers

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I guess if Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph can guard powerforwards and centers, so can anyone.lol

paris401

Starter
Unfortunately,Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry aren't one of those guys.David Lee,Renaldo Balkman,Nate Robinson,Jerome James,Malik Rose,Stephon Marbury,Mardy Collins,and Wilson Chandler will all only have 1 year left on their contract, after this year.?

burger-king james will have '2' years left after this year.. actually the 2nd year is in his option... i doubt he will leave 3.3m cheese burgers on the table

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
burger-king james will have '2' years left after this year.. actually the 2nd year is in his option... i doubt he will leave 3.3m cheese burgers on the table
lol I doubt it either. I'm gonna make a special thread for Jerome James,Eddy Curry,Quentin Richardsonand Zach Randolph.Be on the look out for it. lol

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
That'll definitely make the top 10. lol

a new award should be handed out at the end of the year. The isiah thomas memorial trophy. This will be awarded to the poster who has ideas similar to the ideas IT has. AKA fcuked up ones!!!

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Yeah MSG, damn thats not really a great, .... Starting Five. Maybe for a D League team it would work out decently. But come on man Telfar is a joke he only good street in his game. Marbury should stay though I agree. But his contract expires in 09..