What Player?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
What player do you think that the knicks should get in the offseason that would make the biggest difference on the team?

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Hmmmm... not sure if these guys are available... but I'd say:

Dsgana Diop/Sam Delambert/Kevin Garnett
Ron Artest/Shane Battier/Gerald Wallace
Mike Miller/Kyle Korver

This offseason is supposed to be a good one with Vince, Bibby and Gerald Wallace all out there... since KG can opt out next season... Minny might be willing to deal him as well so we'll see...

We need a defensive stopper and a shooter... so any combination of the above would work for me (assuming we don't have to sacrifice too much)...

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Hmmmm... not sure if these guys are available... but I'd say:

Dsgana Diop/Sam Delambert/Kevin Garnett
Ron Artest/Shane Battier/Gerald Wallace
Mike Miller/Kyle Korver

This offseason is supposed to be a good one with Vince, Bibby and Gerald Wallace all out there... since KG can opt out next season... Minny might be willing to deal him as well so we'll see...

We need a defensive stopper and a shooter... so any combination of the above would work for me (assuming we don't have to sacrifice too much)...

would have the same list but i'll take out gerald wallace cuz he inury prone and he cant shoot and thats not good wit curry taking up the middle and i would add steven hunter cuz he cheap

nyKnicks126

To bad the Suns dont want to get rid of Nash(What team would?) But if they did I would send them Marbury back to the Suns and a 1st and 2nd 2008 pick.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
I would have to say KG. We need a big man who can not only get rebound and field goals but who can put the Knicks on his back and carry them. All Iknow is that we are full in the backcourt and Isiah better not get another guard on this team.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
The kind of player we need is a guy like Josh Howard, Caron Butler, or Tayshaun Prince. All of these guys are solid all around players, who can defend, and have no problem being the second or even third option on offense. I would prefer one of these three over even Ron Artest, they bring all the same things to the table without all of the baggage.
Of course the chances of these guys being available are slim and none, so maybe we'll have to see what the draft can do for us.....

Last edited:
I think we should trade j crawford to the bucks fer mo williams. When jamal gets hot, he could be one of the best scorers in the nba. but when he's cold, he doesnt pass too much and takes shots that mj cant hit. I think mo williams could help this team win and get 2 the playoffs next year.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
No trades necessary. Keep Crawford for now. Keep every one for now. When the time is right, and not a moment before, Thomas will make a move. Hopefully it's a good one. If the offense goes through Curry and we start Q, Crawford, Marbury and dare I say it, David Lee, this could be a dangerous line up when it's at full health. I'd love to see Labron or Garnett but right now that's not realistic. So we go with what we've got. This can be a very high scoring team with mediocre defense.

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
i dont know who but somebody who can defend and shot block and somebody who has no problem watching the ball go through curry 75% of the time. minus all thebig names i would love to see gerald wallace, hes got length, despite what that other cat said about him, ( he had like 40 against the knicks), and he can defend, and he doesnt have to dominate the ball, i wouldnt mind sending a pointguard to charlotte for GW.

paris401

Starter
i dont know who but somebody who can defend and shot block and somebody who has no problem watching the ball go through curry 75% of the time. minus all thebig names i would love to see gerald wallace, hes got length, despite what that other cat said about him, ( he had like 40 against the knicks), and he can defend, and he doesnt have to dominate the ball, i wouldnt mind sending a pointguard to charlotte for GW.

what point guard do we have to send them??

nyKnicks126

Francis? Nate? Mardy? Just saying.

Good way of pointing that out.

We actually have to much PGs. and we need to get a all around player like you guys said. I like the Bulls Small forward Luol Deng. Rebound,Shoots well,mostly does it all, and hes a young player only 21 hes turning 22 in April. What you guys think you him?

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
Francis? Nate? Mardy? Just saying.

gerald wallace can opt out of his contract this summer, or stay for 6m next year. all we can do is a sign and trade...

do u think that charlotte wants stevie and the 37m owed him??? i don't...
nate and mardy make 1.2m and 930k, so their salaries don't work.. we would have to include another player. something like a jamal or q-rich to make the trade happen...

maybe a package of nate and jamal (or qrich) would entice the hornets (??).. i don't know that much about wallace, except that he dropped a lot of point on us in his last game..

nyKnicks126

No way thats a horrible trade. Trading Q-Rich or J Crawford nate and mardy for Gerald Wallace! You realise that Gerald Wallace is that good because his on a bad,young team. I hope that you also realise that J Crawford has a higher PPG average. and Q Rich is averaging a higher Rebound per game total,and thanks to Nate Robinson he is actually getting fans into seats because of his athleticism. That trade would drop us down I dont want to see you being a GM of the knicks.

gerald wallace can opt out of his contract this summer, or stay for 6m next year. all we can do is a sign and trade...

do u think that charlotte wants stevie and the 37m owed him??? i don't...
nate and mardy make 1.2m and 930k, so their salaries don't work.. we would have to include another player. something like a jamal or q-rich to make the trade happen...

maybe a package of nate and jamal (or qrich) would entice the hornets (??).. i don't know that much about wallace, except that he dropped a lot of point on us in his last game..

I'm not saying that Charlotte would take those players, or even wants them, I'm just saying that we have alot of PGs.

And someone mentioned Deng. I love Deng, and if the Knicks could get him that would be tremendous. He is a great young player, lots of athleticism, and is a local kid (played HS ball in Jersey).

Are their rumors or something that he wants out of Chicago?

nyKnicks126

I mentioned that thanks for reading. I wish there were rumors about that Deng wants out in Chicago I really wish but unfortunately there are none. I think Deng would make a huge contribution to the Knicks team like I said before.

paris401

Starter
No way thats a horrible trade. Trading Q-Rich or J Crawford nate and mardy for Gerald Wallace! You realise that Gerald Wallace is that good because his on a bad,young team. I hope that you also realise that J Crawford has a higher PPG average. and Q Rich is averaging a higher Rebound per game total,and thanks to Nate Robinson he is actually getting fans into seats because of his athleticism. That trade would drop us down I dont want to see you being a GM of the knicks.

i don't know how good or bad wallace is... i was commenting on another post of trading wallace for one of our point guards and how it will not work for cap-reasons unless we included another player. if we consider curry as an untouchable, we have few chips left other then qrich and jamal...