Lakers at Knicks 2/2/09

Scribbles

Rotation player
61 pts in 36 minutes

=

Definition of a Hog.

Id' be tight if I was his teammates like WTF. We're playing all this great D and you're taking up all the shots.

amilion

Benchwarmer
I agree. How dare they give a standing ovation to a player that scored 61 on their team!!! I'd be booing him til my lungs collapse...and don't get me started on the mvp chants in the garden...MSG is no longer the greatest arena..

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
wtf with all those Knick fans cheering grow some ****ing balls you root for the knicks and only the knicks otherwise you aint real fans. we'll get it together for Wed vs the Cav's

and i agree scribbles i always thought Kobe was a ballhog.

JayJ44

Starter
this shit depressed me, now there's gonna be highlights like crazy of this. especially since the superbowl is over and espn has nothing else to talk about. any knick fan who cheered/clapped for him should go **** himself.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
we really couldnt do anything about it, that man really was makin anything he threw up, really didnt help that we couldnt breathe on em though, the rims werent nice to us today

Starks

Starter
Knick fans pay respect when respect is due. Kobe had a legendary performance tonight.

There was no way we could beat the Lakers, the game was over in the 3rd.

When a man drops 61, you shut your mouth and tip your cap.

Don't give me that ballhog shit. lol

Ewing

Benchwarmer
How the hell does a team allow 92 points from 2 guys? We need to get Camby ASAP, and possibly a perimeter defender, otherwise we will have serious problems for the rest of the season.
I thought MSG would be back because of the latest results and team performane...how wrong I was!!
What happened to the atmosphere os these times? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0RwVBgIfew&feature=related

Are these fans dead?

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
wtf with all those Knick fans cheering grow some ****ing balls you root for the knicks and only the knicks otherwise you aint real fans. we'll get it together for Wed vs the Cav's

and i agree scribbles i always thought Kobe was a ballhog.

Kobe sat for a long time, and he still got 61, doesn't seem like a ballhog to me. He also shot well over 50 percent: about 60 percent. I tried to get tickets to this game, for the same reason that everyone else wanted to, though I couldn't find seats, because the best player in the league was in town.

If it was the old days, when we were a challenge for everyone in this league, he wouldn't have been cheered; but, because the Knicks are no longer a team of icons, household names, just transient, 2010 expendable talent, you get people cheering opponents.

Moreover, if you've gone to the garden, these days, you see these people who make the trip, from wherever, just so they can see this or that big name player. Why do you think teams sign guys like Q Rich and Steve Francis? It's because names sell, especially with the casual fans, as opposed to real fans, like most of those on this site.

Last edited:

Proud Warrior

Benchwarmer
Knick fans pay respect when respect is due. Kobe had a legendary performance tonight.

No man! He made 61 points to the team that all we fan! He is the opponent, he could be Bryant, Jordan, Lebron, Jabaar, but he will remain an opponent and when an opponent makes 61 points to your team, you can't support him, crying "MVP" or clapping your hands!

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
looks like some ppl got caught up in that 3-game winning streak hype. the knicks lost to the lakers, the best team in the league, and some ppl acting like its the end of the world, nd we gotta make trades??? lets chill and enjoy the fact that we were even in this game. our talent level is far worse than the lakers. while i dont agree with cheering for kobe, he did have an amazing game and many of the plays he made were unreal. anywayz im hopin for a strong performance next game againt the cavs

Proud Warrior

Benchwarmer
It's my opinion, an opponent is always an opponent, even if he plays for Lakers or if he is the best basketball player of the world. No one is saying to not enjoy yourself but I can't understand who supports the oppnent team.
I'm really sorry for the defeat even if we played against Lakers that is clearly superior to NYK

amilion

Benchwarmer
Are these fans dead?

Nope...we're all on this site lol b/c I would never ever cheer for kobe like the "fans" tonight.

But really though, what happened to the fans of old that threw an apple at Tim Hardaway's head back in the day and had him crying in the huddle?!?! LMAO! That's how you treat a player that's torching your team!!

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
First off it wasn't Knicks fans cheering for Kobe and chanting MVP, it was LAKERS FANS. Did u guys watch the game, there where tons of lakers fans there and that who was going wild for them. Most Knicks fans there where booing, until the end when he got a standing O which he definetly deserved.

2nd the Knicks played OK, nobody was beating the Lakers with Kobe playing like that. The guy was hitting ridiculous shots. There were a lot of positives in that game. They fought back from dbl digit leads twice and closed it to 2 and 4. The collapsed at the end but it was Kobe killing them. The knicks are a rebuilding team with a lot of good pieces and a tremendous coach. lets all keep that in mind and stay positive...remember where we were last yr.

Paul1355

All Star

Actually we came to one or two points close to being in the lead at the start of the 3rd quarter.....Our problem was that we could not play defense against guys like Pau Gasol and Trevor Ariza...thats what really killed us.

We didnt box out and rebound and we got blocked over 7 times when we played aggressive.

Our perimeter shooting was bad...we made some really dumb turnovers and never took advantage of when Kobe was out.

Kobe just put the icing on the cake tonight.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
First off it wasn't Knicks fans cheering for Kobe and chanting MVP, it was LAKERS FANS. Did u guys watch the game, there where tons of lakers fans there and that who was going wild for them. Most Knicks fans there where booing, until the end when he got a standing O which he definetly deserved.

2nd the Knicks played OK, nobody was beating the Lakers with Kobe playing like that. The guy was hitting ridiculous shots. There were a lot of positives in that game. They fought back from dbl digit leads twice and closed it to 2 and 4. The collapsed at the end but it was Kobe killing them. The knicks are a rebuilding team with a lot of good pieces and a tremendous coach. lets all keep that in mind and stay positive...remember where we were last yr.

I remember where we were last year, in the pits of hell. I dont know about you guys, but something i want to see the most right now is to win 23 games before the all star break. So we could shut up all the haters that said we would get the same record as last year, maybe 3 or 4 games better. Screw that, we've been rolling, and i think we might, no WILL definitely do this.

Kiyaman

Legend
It's my opinion, an opponent is always an opponent, even if he plays for Lakers or if he is the best basketball player of the world. No one is saying to not enjoy yourself but I can't understand who supports the oppnent team.
I'm really sorry for the defeat even if we played against Lakers that is clearly superior to NYK

Well a loss to the Lakers but.....

You have to give "PROPS" where Propa's are do....even if it is your enemy.

Bynum (8 to 12 week) season injury will speed up the Lakers transition attack in the 2nd half of the season like they just did on us in "MSG" last night....with Kobe leading the pact will only rub off on his teammates to follow suit in this attack on the next team.
Bynum presence was insurance of getting past the Duncan Spurs in the postseason....b/c Duncan is not going to allow Gasol to beat him two seasons in a row.
The sameway coach Jax will not allow Boston to beat him two seasons in a row....especially without a heavyweight PJ Brown in their frontcourt.

The Knicks played well against Lakers defense which was very tight around all edges (of the 3-point line)....Trevor Ariza and Walton all-around performance has been giving the Lakers that extra "boost" as if the Lakers have 3 Odoms on the court.
Kobe's 61 points make me miss both our 2006 draft picks....plus Marbury whom was a sure-in to make the All-Star team.

P.S. this Laker Game showed one way of attacking us for the WIN....we have 3 more games which will show other ways of attacking us for a WIN....SG-Kobe attacked our missing SG position and came up with 61 points shooting 31 fga...

Last edited:

Proud Warrior

Benchwarmer
You have to give "PROPS" where Propa's are do....even if it is your enemy.

Bynum (8 to 12 week) season injury will speed up the Lakers transition attack in the 2nd half of the season like they just did on us in "MSG" last night....with Kobe leading the pact will only rub off on his teammates to follow suit in this attack on the next team.
Bynum presence was insurance of getting past the Duncan Spurs in the postseason....b/c Duncan is not going to allow Gasol to beat him two seasons in a row.
The sameway coach Jax will not allow Boston to beat him two seasons in a row....especially without a heavyweight PJ Brown in their frontcourt.

The Knicks played well against Lakers defense which was very tight around all edges....Trevor Ariza and Walton all-around performance has been giving the Lakers that extra "boost" as if the Lakers have 3 Odoms on the court.
Kobe's 61 points make me miss both our 2006 draft picks....plus Marbury whom was a sure-in to make the All-Star team.
I agree with what you have written. Respect to Lakers that have won deservedly, Kobe has played very well, but also LA has played good as team, defending tightly all together (as you said) and attaching efficaciously.
Knicks played well untill the 3rd quarter and I hoped to stay in game. But I think that Knicks are expressing the best game of this season and all the fans hope to gain the 8th seed and in this moment I don't understand the support (not "props") to Lakers, it seemed that the game was played in Los Angeles.

Rispect to Lakers but not support!!!
I support only :gony:

Kiyaman

Legend
I agree with what you have written. Respect to Lakers that have won deservedly, Kobe has played very well, but also LA has played good as team, defending tightly all together (as you said) and attaching efficaciously.
Knicks played well untill the 3rd quarter and I hoped to stay in game. But I think that Knicks are expressing the best game of this season and all the fans hope to gain the 8th seed and in this moment I don't understand the support (not "props") to Lakers, it seemed that the game was played in Los Angeles.

Rispect to Lakers but not support!!!
I support only :gony:

SG-Kobe Bryant made it LOUD and CLEAR.....the Knicks dont have a SG in their rotation....so defend the 3-point line and let SG-Lebron James, SG-Ray Allen, and SG-Bayless (Roy injured), be the first option on offense.

Lets just hope that SG-Kobe Bryant breaking our ex-Super-Star SF-Bernard King record of 60 points with 61 points got the attention of Donnie Walsh by our Fan Base yelling MVP....b/c the Knick-Fans were entertained by our Knick Role-Players staying close throughout the game vs the best team in the league.