JVG is right, the NBA really needs to do something about this flopping bullshit.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Exhibit A:

LeBron mows down John Lucas in a regular season game, Lucas gets back up like a man, and no foul call.

Exhibit B.

bron2.gif

Chandler pulls the SAME screen on Lebron, Lebron flops (check the delayed reaction where he suddenly jerks backwards), FLAGRANT foul. Even if it should only be a regular foul, this is BS.

I don't understand why some of the largest and most athletic guys in the league like lebron and Blake Griffin have to flop so much. Take that shit like a man.

The NBA needs to check this. If this entire series will go like this, we're going to get swept, and with D-Rose out, the Heat most likely have a ridiculously easy path to the finals.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
Im still taight at the way this game was reffed but that gif is:teeth::teeth:

dude was a flopping faggot all night

they need to start doing like they do in international ball and hand out techs

CA7

Scoring Champ
I grew up on 90's ball as a kid, so when I started playin I just balled, I got hit, I got up, I took it because its part of the game, basketball is physical, I got elbowed, thrown, pushed and punched did the same thing back but at the end of the day I fell in love with the game

But now even the guys I play with are soft, they cry, everyone is fancy with their shoes and shorts, gotta match everything, wanna dribble all day, dont like to be touched

I'm really starting to lose interest in basketball and its bothering the shit out of me, I love this game more than anything but I cant take it anymore, something gotta change because this is pathetic

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Exhibit A:

LeBron mows down John Lucas in a regular season game, Lucas gets back up like a man, and no foul call.

Exhibit B.

bron2.gif

Chandler pulls the SAME screen on Lebron, Lebron flops (check the delayed reaction where he suddenly jerks backwards), FLAGRANT foul. Even if it should only be a regular foul, this is BS.

I don't understand why some of the largest and most athletic guys in the league like lebron and Blake Griffin have to flop so much. Take that shit like a man.

The NBA needs to check this. If this entire series will go like this, we're going to get swept, and with D-Rose out, the Heat most likely have a ridiculously easy path to the finals.

Why are you surprised Lebron flopped on us? He flopped and acted the whole Finals last year against Mavs.

What I am mad about is Woodson obviously ignored LeBron's flop history and was totally unprepared and looked untterly surprised.

Woodson could've addressed the media the history of LeBron's flops and acting, to prepare the NBA and refs for what to expect and send a clear message to LeBron that Knicks know about his acting and flopping.

Woodson looked like a choir boy compared to thug Spoeltra today, totally outwitted, outplayed, and outcoached in all aspects of the game.

mafra

Legend
Lebron embarrasses himself and the league when he pulls this Euro-futbol nonsense. A writhes in pain for a minute and then is 100% ok the next (shooting free throws). A guts of wind from near-contact from a guard sends him flying out-of-bounds? Nonsense.

Like JVG says, an automatic technical should be called if a player flops. I mean, refs are judging calls based on reax anyway. That ref who called a flagrant-2 on a man setting a screen should be sent home for the remainder of the playoffs. Pathetic call!

For the Knicks to have practically a 30-5 free throw disparity in the first half is borderline criminal. Wade-Lebron bully PG-SG-SF around the legt with their physical play. Will NYK get calls?

Of course not, and then we have to watch Melo get molested in the paint to no avail.

A technical of Amar'e & Carmelo? Bad calls.

At one point, Bosh travelled but no call was made, and almost the next trip they call the travel on Amar'e? Nonsense again.

Refs didn't cost the Knicks the game. The flu did (poor Tyson). But the turning point was that second quarter and the calls certainly help set the tone (and distract the Knicks)

mafra

Legend
Why are you surprised Lebron flopped on us? He flopped and acted the whole Finals last year against Mavs.

What I am mad about is Woodson obviously ignored LeBron's flop history and was totally unprepared and looked untterly surprised.

Woodson could've addressed the media the history of LeBron's flops and acting, to prepare the NBA and refs for what to expect and send a clear message to LeBron that Knicks know about his acting and flopping.

Woodson looked like a choir boy compared to thug Spoeltra today, totally outwitted, outplayed, and outcoached in all aspects of the game.

This is like the Zapruda film: "Back and to the left." Laws of physics prohibit the reality of his body being jarred in this direction. Only if you incorporate the flopping rule can this motion be explained.

What Woodson says before Game-2 will determine if I keep him next year. I want a Phil Jax mind game. At tomorrow's presser he should call out Lebron by name, and the refs, and take the Heat & the fine. It always worked for the Lakers when the Zen master played mind games.

Just come out and say LJ embarrasses the league with these antics. Say if he wants to plays tricks to gain advantage with the refs, then that says a lot about the man as a man. That I would prefer losing on my feet than winning by flopping and acting.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
This is like the Zapruda film: "Back and to the left." Laws of physics prohibit the reality of his body being jarred in this direction. Only if you incorporate the flopping rule can this motion be explained.

What Woodson says before Game-2 will determine if I keep him next year. I want a Phil Jax mind game. At tomorrow's presser he should call out Lebron by name, and the refs, and take the Heat & the fine. It always worked for the Lakers when the Zen master played mind games.

Just come out and say LJ embarrasses the league with these antics. Say if he wants to plays tricks to gain advantage with the refs, then that says a lot about the man as a man. That I would prefer losing on my feet than winning by flopping and acting.
co sign:gony:

said the exact same thing in the game thread. Take the fine and take these refs to bat.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer

Here's a sample message:
LBJ, if you wouldn't stop the flopping and acting, you will not only disgrace the entire NBA league, but also your ancestors, families and children!

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Here's a sample message:
LBJ, if you wouldn't stop the flopping and acting, you will not only disgrace the entire NBA league, but also your ancestors, families and children!
I wouldnt expect it.

Look at Magic. Everyone expected them to fold but they won. Every Knicks fan had high expectation in Game 1 and they folded.

We need a coach like SVG who will speak his mind and wouldnt have a care in the world for consequences, and actually knows how to prepare his team as an underdog!

orangeblobman

Rotation player
The solution is simple. The solution does not need to come from some league mandate.

All that has to happen is for one ref, when he sees a flop, to give a technical to the flopper. Watch how quickly they will stop, immediately.

Just one ref, just one tech for a flop.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
co sign:gony:

said the exact same thing in the game thread. Take the fine and take these refs to bat.

This needed to be done yesterday. Only way to maybe get the elague to call more of a fair series is really bringing the officiating to light within the media. Oh well. I dunno this team and coaches said nothing so far that has me the least bit confident for monday. No fire. No heart. Excuses and hanged heads galore though

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
I wouldnt expect it.

Look at Magic. Everyone expected them to fold but they won. Every Knicks fan had high expectation in Game 1 and they folded.

We need a coach like SVG who will speak his mind and wouldnt have a care in the world for consequences, and actually knows how to prepare his team as an underdog!

I know! :) I'm just saying that to make me feel better.

There's no way on earth an NBA coach would say something like that.

The orangeblobman's idea is good though. A technical foul would do the trick.

But it's controversial. There are bad consequences for a tech foul to be called upon a flop. The ref might mistake an innocent one to a flop in the future.

Peter

Benchwarmer
In NBA, MVP-to-be is such an actor, that is a shame. Not once, at least twice, he flopped. Fact. I wonder during a few times slow action on tv in front of the whole world, how are all the fans of LBJ thinking? what a shame even though tyson did made a personal foul.

He could win a Oscar this year.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
The solution is simple. Technical fouls for flopping.
Like European soccer, when they flop they get a yellow card, or euro basketball they get a technical.
Believe me once they start doing that, it'll stop.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
In NBA, MVP-to-be is such an actor, that is a shame. Not once, at least twice, he flopped. Fact. I wonder during a few times slow action on tv in front of the whole world, how are all the fans of LBJ thinking? what a shame even though tyson did made a personal foul.

He could win a Oscar this year.

The word Oscar has crossed my mind too. :)

WeReady

Benchwarmer
instead of complaining about the flopping how about we counter-act with our own so refs know just how ridiculous it is to call all these flops during the course of game. counter act lbjs golden globe performance with a melo worthy oscar nomination

metrocard

Legend
I love how our guys never flop. We play defense fairly, for better or worse.
Melo could of easily have stood flopping every single time they were shoving the hell out of him fighting for post position, but he's not the type to sell his manhood for a couple of FTs. Respect to Mel for that.

Kiyaman

Legend
Here's a sample message:

I dont think there is a coach in any sport willing to give up his ($$$) career by going out on the limb on a loss. Their ancestors will be asking for a DNA test