Mike D'Antoni's influence on our resurgence

Forrest17

Rotation player
He's right to an extent. I think if Lin didn't hit that game winner and we lost, instead of having some praise for the coaches decisions we'd have heard a whole lot of bitching about any questionable decisions he might have made.

Yeah but normally, even last year when we were on a winning streak.. I'd scream at my TV telling dantoni to do this or that

Pretty much all this week and last, anytime I thought D'Antoni should do x or y he did. which is shocking.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Is funny how we're highlighting good things MOA has done when these are the things coaches should already know how to do. That doesn't make me feel any more confident about MOA.

I'd prefer to wait until he demonstrates something that requires more brainwork and strategic decision making.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Is funny how we're highlighting good things MOA has done when these are the things coaches should already know how to do. That doesn't make me feel any more confident about MOA.

I'd prefer to wait until he demonstrates something that requires more brainwork and strategic decision making.

MD's system has always relied heavily on the PG position and in turn, his system can elevate PG as well. Everyone is waxing MD's ability as a coach, I've been reading this for years now but I'm among the minority on this forum that has defended him but has openly bashed the Knicks organization, especially the worst owner in sports, Dolan!
Lin's talent along with the Team's fluid motion has really been the catalyst here. The bigger issue is Melo, in my opinion. When Melo is on the floor motion stops, the team ends up standing around watching.... STAT's numbers has gone down, Fields is lost and even Tyson Chandler is not used to his fullest; the whole team has suffered as a result of bringing in Melo. I think if the Knicks want to continue this great run they are on now and for years down the line they need to trade Melo and trade him now! I've read a few articles calling for a Melo to NJ for Williams trade as well as to Boston for Rondo and possibly Pierce... The Knicks were good prior to the trade and since the injury; what does that tell ya. Last year it was Felton playing like an all star (now he is floundering in Portland) and now this year Lin... Tell's ya something about MD's system and how it can really make a PG shine. Give this man a team the works together and in turn he will give the fans something to be excited about!