I would trade Lee before his Value drops more then it already has

Should we trade david Lee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I keep sayin it, his problems are in his genes. Once upon a time, David Lee was considered to be a good athlete and he won a dunk contest in high school.

Nowadays, he cant buy a rebound. Every year it seems like these players get quicker, faster, and more athletic. I see Lee losing alotta rebounds because dudes are jumpin over him. He keeps gettin all his shots blocked, and hes not that good of a defender. With his value droppin, the sooner we trade him the better off we are. I would trade him for Kendrick perkins....or even leon powe.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
one good thing about it is that he cant get that contract that is being speculated, probably resign em for a cheap price but i agree wit the thread...david lee just doesnt look the same to me anymore and now he's brickin his FTs again, something is buggin em, maybe the contract issue is affecting his game, idk

New New York

Quiet Storm
My last Two Threads in one reply!

I created a similar Thread stating this same thing. But also what Donnie Walsh now has to be leary of is teams thinking he is trying to move Lee because his numbers are dropping. Donnie has to be able to convince teams that he is only looking to move Lee if we get a good player (a shot blocker like Camby is my idea) in return. So here is the line Donnie now has to walk, he has to let teams know David is available (if he is indeed available) without looking desperate to move him. I think we could get The Clippers to throw in a 2010 first rounder in a trade of Lee (Rose for cap reasons) for Camby.

Clippers:
Davis
Mobley
Thorton
Lee
Kaman

Likely not an impact team this season, but could be very good next year making it a bit easier to swallow a lost pick that year.

Knicks:
Duhon
Jamal
Wilson
Zach
Camby
Bench:
Q
Nate
Jefferies

Insert Q as starting SG and this is a pretty good two way team!

GetRealistic

Starter
I have no problem with trading Lee. He's a nice player but hes nothig more then a good hustle guy off the bench. He's offensive game is limited and once he gets allittle older hell lose that athletism he has and he will decline quickly.

I wouldn't give him away for nothing, i'd like cap space and or another draft pick but i'd have no problem trading him. I think Nate Robinson has proven to be the guy we need to resign not Lee. That said if Lee was realistic and took a contract thats near his value i wouldn't mind keeping him around.

I like the idea New York New York but i don't think the Clips would give up Camby for Lee.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't think Lee's value has dropped much. He's still considered a hustle player that can rebound and score around the basket.

The only reason why I want Lee traded is, because we could possibly package him with Curry. Curry makes 31 million, over the next 3 years, so it would be nice if we could eliminate Curry's contract and sign a real center.

pat

Starter
I don't think that his rebounding is based on his vertical leaping ability. Rebounding is all about instinct and he has got that instinct. However I can't see much development lately as far as his overall game is concerned. I had high hopes that his jump shot would improve over the summer but I guess if you got that far (NBA) without a decent jump shot there must be a reason why he can't get it to fall consistently. Must be the same as with Shaq's free throws.

JayJ44

Starter
I don't think we have to be actively trying to trade Lee, at least not yet. It's only like 10 games into the season, way too early to be talking about trading anyone. If a good deal for him comes up, such as New New York's deal for Camby, then I'm totally in favor in trading him. Otherwise, let's at least give it a couple months.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
It's hard to tell what's going on with him this year. His rebounding is down and he's struggling at the FT line again, but he supposedly has some spurs in his ankle/foot that might be limiting him a bit. I think we need to see how he's playing in a few weeks before we know for sure where his game is really at this year.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
We should trade Lee as soon as possible and package him with one of our bad contracts i think we could a nice shot blocker for him, his offense is there but his defense isnt

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
ON the real Lee would make a very nice 6th man off the bench but i dont think hes a starter. I think hes a good team player, good rebounder, and he plays with alotta heart and passion. His offense continues to improve but i cant overlook the facts that he does get blocked a lot. And certain players seem to dominate him. If I was donnie i would be looking to deal lee and curry.

I like what getreal said, if lee was willing to take a smaller contract but at the same time i dont blame lee if he does look to get the most he can, especially if its on a decent team.

He will need surgery on his foot eventually. It might not be for a while, it depends on how much and how long it bothers him. It doesnt sound good though. I have heel spurs...there a pain in the ass. Somedays they dont bother me at all. Other days its hard to walk, and it does slow me down on the basketball court.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
ON the real Lee would make a very nice 6th man off the bench but i dont think hes a starter. I think hes a good team player, good rebounder, and he plays with alotta heart and passion. His offense continues to improve but i cant overlook the facts that he does get blocked a lot. And certain players seem to dominate him. If I was donnie i would be looking to deal lee and curry.

I like what getreal said, if lee was willing to take a smaller contract but at the same time i dont blame lee if he does look to get the most he can, especially if its on a decent team.

He will need surgery on his foot eventually. It might not be for a while, it depends on how much and how long it bothers him. It doesnt sound good though. I have heel spurs...there a pain in the ass. Somedays they dont bother me at all. Other days its hard to walk, and it does slow me down on the basketball court.

:aplause: co-sign....i agree we have tons of offense leading the league in that category...so we could afford to trade some offense for defense-our win total will go up...trade offense for defense will add more wins.

D'Antoni would be a good coach with the right defense and offense on his team he'sjust always had players who fit his style that play offense but no D...if he had a 2 way superstar like D-Wade or Kobe or Pierce just to name a few..and a couple of good offensive players who d up pretty well he'll be the bestcoach in the league

D'Antoni
_______ - a little ofense + more Defensive players = :winner: at the Garden
Walsh

I keep sayin it, his problems are in his genes. Once upon a time, David Lee was considered to be a good athlete and he won a dunk contest in high school.

Nowadays, he cant buy a rebound. Every year it seems like these players get quicker, faster, and more athletic. I see Lee losing alotta rebounds because dudes are jumpin over him. He keeps gettin all his shots blocked, and hes not that good of a defender. With his value droppin, the sooner we trade him the better off we are. I would trade him for Kendrick perkins....or even leon powe.

w.e god says goes, u r da legend, educate me with your wisdom o great one

:aplause: co-sign....i agree we have tons of offense leading the league in that category...so we could afford to trade some offense for defense-our win total will go up...trade offense for defense will add more wins.

D'Antoni would be a good coach with the right defense and offense on his team he'sjust always had players who fit his style that play offense but no D...if he had a 2 way superstar like D-Wade or Kobe or Pierce just to name a few..and a couple of good offensive players who d up pretty well he'll be the bestcoach in the league

D'Antoni
_______ - a little ofense + more Defensive players = :winner: at the Garden
Walsh

back off ma man dude, u think u can "co-sign" with him, back off bfore i start suckin on ur cock next

Kiyaman

Legend
Com-on where are the rest of the other members that believe.... trading Lee is a good idea.
I' waiting silently......
I will read everyone post.....then explain why Lee, Nate, and Chandler are the last players you trade on this roster.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Well, it seems we finally agree on something.

My sentiments exactly. Lee will end up another Najera that gets shipped around. Appreciated at every step but ultimately expendable. He succeeds via effort and heart. His weaker points are often exposed by better players. Still, he would add to a package nicely to free the Knicks of alot of cap room. I think we've seen his best.

I still rate him though.

Gotta happen.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
I see your point MSG and they are valid but i'm gonna side with metro on this one. Everyone on this site knows i'm a huge David Lee fan and from what ive seen so far this season, yeah his numbers are down but he is still the Same David Lee from past years. Chandler gets priority in D'antoni's system and thats why we've seen a dip in his numbers. Everyone knows he is in the last year of his contract, so whether or not we trade him or keep him lets at least give him till the trade deadline. We know Walsh is always shopping around for new players and trades so lets leave this up to him!

Its too early to give up on Lee honestly.

Lets decide on this in Jan.