WTF is happening - Zach/Clips deal turned down

Trin_Starr

Starter
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...11/knicks_reject_clippers_offer_for_randolph/

After losing Elton Brand to Philadelphia, the Clippers called the Knicks seeking a deal to acquire Zach Randolph.

Sports Illustrated reports that the Knicks are unwilling to trade the offensively gifted Randolph for what would amount to a salary dump of the final three years of his contract. The Clippers' proposal would not provide comparable return on talent.

The thinking could be that new head coach Mike D'Antoni will rejuvenate the Knicks while elevating Randolph's game and therefore his trade value.

The Clippers can also pursue Josh Smith and Emeka Okafor to fill their vacant power forward slot, but both are restricted free-agents whose respective teams can match any offer.

Wow just wow!!! I thought we wanted to jettison Zach's contract and get cap space for 2010 - but i guess not

New New York

Quiet Storm
I just cant beleive it

I really do not have the words to explain my shock. This cant be a true! No way Donnie Walsh is going to sit back and hope that Zach will up his trade value. No way Walsh is that stupid

Akamu

The King
[BREAKING NEWS:] The Knicks fans march to the Garden for Answers!
news-graphics-2007-_652318a.jpg

New New York

Quiet Storm
I'm so pissed that I had to post again. WTF WTF!

Do you think there would have been any hesitation to pull the trigger on this deal if Mark Jackson were the coach! No if we had hired Mark we would be in full rebuilding mode, and this would be an ideal trade for us. News Flash Donnie, we aint winning anytime soon, we have the Highest payroll in the league, we need cap help before we can start winning. Isiah could not give Zach away last season, and you are turning down a deal for the worst salary on the payroll in the hopes that Dantoni's system makes him look better. What if he gets hurt first week into the season, or gets into another fight further deminishing his trade value? Call The Clipppers back up, tell them you'll take that much lesser shorter term contract and couple of Draft Picks!

Seriously someone in The Knick organization better come out soon and say there is no truth to this story, because, if this is true this guy makes Isiah look like Jerry Colangelo!

DAMN!

New New York

Quiet Storm
......Why not Tim Thomas and a unprotected 2010 pick. Tim Thomas looked good in Dantoni's offense at the 4. Would he put up Zach's numbers hell no, but again the idea is that it would shave 8 million off this years cap, 10 million off next year and 16 million of the next year!

There better be a deal for Gooden and Gordon on the table, that better be the type of talent this A Hole is talking about acquiring for Zach, or The Piston rumors better have some validity to it.....

George M.

Benchwarmer
I'm so pissed that I had to post again. WTF WTF!

Do you think there would have been any hesitation to pull the trigger on this deal if Mark Jackson were the coach! No if we had hired Mark we would be in full rebuilding mode, and this would be an ideal trade for us. News Flash Donnie, we aint winning anytime soon, we have the Highest payroll in the league, we need cap help before we can start winning. Isiah could not give Zach away last season, and you are turning down a deal for the worst salary on the payroll in the hopes that Dantoni's system makes him look better. What if he gets hurt first week into the season, or gets into another fight further deminishing his trade value? Call The Clipppers back up, tell them you'll take that much lesser shorter term contract and couple of Draft Picks!

Seriously someone in The Knick organization better come out soon and say there is no truth to this story, because, if this is true this guy makes Isiah look like Jerry Colangelo!

DAMN!
Zach's a career 20/10 PF.Can he score in the post?ABSOLUTELY! Can he rebound? ABSOLUTELY! Can he defend? oh god,HELL NO! Walsh is trying to get VALUE in return.You guys act like he said no to an E.Curry salary dump.I guarandamntee if the offer was for Curry,Walsh would've shot Curry out of a cannon to LA. 20/10 career F/C have value in the NBA.Which league are you guys watching? The Clippers tried to get a 20/10 scoring forward for absolutely nothing. Even your boy Metrocard says Zach is way more valuable than E.Shitty!!!!! He just says Zach is OVERPAID.I totally agree with that.

Akamu

The King
Zach's a career 20/10 PF.Can he score in the post?ABSOLUTELY! Can he rebound? ABSOLUTELY! Can he defend? oh god,HELL NO! Walsh is trying to get VALUE in return.You guys act like he said no to an E.Curry salary dump.I guarandamntee if the offer was for Curry,Walsh would've shot Curry out of a cannon to LA. 20/10 career F/C have value in the NBA.Which league are you guys watching? The Clippers tried to get a 20/10 scoring forward for absolutely nothing. Even your boy Metrocard says Zach is way more valuable than E.Shitty!!!!! He just says Zach is OVERPAID.I totally agree with that.

LMAO!! HAHAHA!!!

New New York

Quiet Storm

But Eddy contract is much better, and at the end of the day a team trying to shed cap has to make moves that favor that approach! Eddy is not better than Zach, but Eddy's contract is more managable. Plus I dont think either of them earn their money, so why not get rid of the bigger waste of money. Not to mention Eddy may test the Free Agent Market next season, he may take less money to join a contender or an equal salary to play in a smaller market with less pressur ie. Memphis or Minny. So to me moving him is not at all as important.

metrocard

Legend
Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

New York Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Tim Thomas
6-10 SF / PF from Villanova
No games yet played in 2007/08
Cuttino Mobley
6-4 SG from Rhode Island
Outgoing Players
Zach Randolph
6-9 PF from Michigan State

Both players expire in 2010.

We really needed contracts as much as we needed to get rid of Randolph.

For whatever reason Walsh turned this down, it should be a good one.

NNY, Curry to Clippers? They got Kaman and are looking for a PF.

Unless the Clippers asked for David Lee or Robinson. I don't know why Walsh ****ed this up.

George M.

Benchwarmer

Due to New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

New York Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Tim Thomas
Cuttino Mobley
6-4 SG from Rhode Island
Outgoing Players
Zach Randolph

Unless the Clippers asked for David Lee or Robinson. I don't know why Walsh ****ed this up.
Hey Metro I understand what you're saying.But,the Clippers wanted him for just salary dump.Read the article yourself.The trade you proposed,I'm sure Walsh would've taken that in a heartbeat!!! We don't know what E.Shitty will be in the next 2 seasons and we all know the rest of the league doesn't want to even know! But just dumping Z-Bo's salary for no contracts that expire in the summer of 2010 is ludicrous!!!!

umynot

Benchwarmer
At least dialogue between us and the Clippers has started!!

You never say Yes out the box!! Well unless your a LOSER!!!!

I remember all too well how the press was saying Artest had no value and was untradeable BLAH BLAH BLAH!

PEJA!!!! Thats value coming out the ears baby!

The Don if he is talking to Clips for real "Watch Out Baby! " he will get something done! Maybe not even with just the Clippers if there really is dialogue with the Clips watch Golden State jump in!

I say get at the minimum a first round pick! Isiah made deals to satisfy us and the reporters but THE DON will make deals that make sense! Look think out the box for a sec the Clips and Warriors are going after Brand after a season in which had a Injury on his Achilles which from what I know does not heal easy like he was God . If thats the case why cant Zach after a down year and the baggage not be at least a Messiah?

Dunleavy seamed pissed no? He called? (Until espn fox or something like that reports it it could just be a story!) But if he did we have to believe he knows Zach can ball and stats wise he has been real similar to Brand! "Its Baron Time "he said " We will get him help. I have my owners backing, he is willing to do whatevers necessary to help our team improve! We will get better!"

Zach makes you better! So work it Don and get the most you can!!!!

:peace::gony::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

George M.

Benchwarmer
But Eddy contract is much better, and at the end of the day a team trying to shed cap has to make moves that favor that approach! Eddy is not better than Zach, but Eddy's contract is more managable. Plus I dont think either of them earn their money, so why not get rid of the bigger waste of money. Not to mention Eddy may test the Free Agent Market next season, he may take less money to join a contender or an equal salary to play in a smaller market with less pressur ie. Memphis or Minny. So to me moving him is not at all as important.
Right.E.Shitty is the bigger waste of money AND space! But again,they tried to get Randolph for absolutely nothing.Smart try by the Clipper GM!!!!

umynot

Benchwarmer

New York Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Tim Thomas
Cuttino Mobley
6-4 SG from Rhode Island
Outgoing Players
Zach Randolph

Hey this was just my idea of a good trade doubt they offered it for real though!

Would be nice though no?

im kinda glad we didn't make this trade. Although Zach had a not so great season last year Im no ready to give up on him after that 1 year. this guy was a legitament top forward in the western confeence just two seasons ago. I still got faith he can translate that over hear within a team concept. We got a new coach in here and new management and if he see they actually have a planned drawn out direction they clearly wanna go in unlike Isiah I beileve he will buy into the system.

Allen

Benchwarmer
im kinda glad we didn't make this trade. Although Zach had a not so great season last year Im no ready to give up on him after that 1 year. this guy was a legitament top forward in the western confeence just two seasons ago. I still got faith he can translate that over hear within a team concept. We got a new coach in here and new management and if he see they actually have a planned drawn out direction they clearly wanna go in unlike Isiah I beileve he will buy into the system.

Ironically this is the very samething that was said about Curry and Marbury when Isiah took over as head coach. So forgive me if I have little to no faith in any of these players.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Ironically this is the very samething that was said about Curry and Marbury when Isiah took over as head coach. So forgive me if I have little to no faith in any of these players.

Curry was a joke from the beginning. At one point i thought he had a chance of becoming a dominant force on offense but he has remained turnover prone and he cant pass outta the double team. He slows down the offense, is soft on the boards, and he cant defend at all.

Marbury can still average close to 20 and 8. A supporting cast of d-league players brought here by isiah is why we cant win.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
E S#!tty is even better than my Eats Cities nickname. lol I agree. Zach is way more talented than Eddy Curry, and had the trade been for Curry, he would've personally paid all the expenses for Curry's trip to LA. I think Randolph is good enough to help the Knicks win, if we can find him a defensive minded center to play next to, and if he increases his assists per game. 2 a game is average, but he needs to get it to 3 or 4. Look at how much better the Knick starting lineup would look like, just by getting rid of Eddy Curry.

PG Marbury SG Crawford SF Chandler or Gallinari PF Zach Randolph
C someone who plays defense