Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Sacramento Kings 9:00pm 3/4/2018 [Game #64]

tiger0330

Legend
Best chance for the Knicks to get a win against another team trying to tank. Our last W was against the Magic, I expect a W tonight. Let's go Knicks

tiger0330

Legend
Mudiay 0-4 can't hit wide open shots. Nits made a nice look ahead pass to THJ for an easy 2, Horn needs to give Nits some time at PG, not sold on Mudiay as the Knicks starting PG.

tiger0330

Legend
I was listening to a podcast and the guy said Nits was a good shooter off the dribble, must be watching a different guy than I've been watching because he can't hit that 15 ft jumper to save his life.

tiger0330

Legend
Sac leads 51-46 at the half. Forget about wins, Knicks played Kanter Hicks THJ Nits Mudiay to end the half. Go with that lineup with Kornet in for Kanter and Trey in later and see what they can do.

Broadway

All Star
Sac backcourt outscoring Knicks backcourt 23-0. Mudiay, Nits and Burke zero pts.

Just mind numbing awful. I'm for starting Burke if THJR remains a starter but I'm starting to wonder if Hornacek knows how to develop young players not one player 25yrs and under had a banner yr under his watch

I think he plays the wrong players with each other and I think contracts/politics are getting in the way of us securing our own successful process

tiger0330

Legend
I doubt with the remaining games you see much improvement out of Nits. The light is not going on this season, going to have to see massive improvement by him over the summer, both physically, his game and his aggressiveness. He's neither a starting NBA PG or SG at this point. Second straight game Mudiay has looked awful, that foul giving Bogie 3 FTs was the highlight of his night.

Broadway

All Star
Great loss though, we are 4gms back of a Top 5 finish and it looks like we'll never win another game from here on out. We made up 1-2gms past week for those keeping track. There are a few teams ahead of us who have to play each other several times before the season ends

tiger0330

Legend
The boys have come back from 19 down, 97-97 with 33 secs left. Horns instinct to win made him out in some real NBA players to try to pull this one out. Not sure if this is the end of the lets play the kids experiment, he looked like he wanted to put in Jack for Mudiay all game.

mafra

Legend
Knicks reach the 40 loss club... showing the other 8 teams they mean business. NYK now just 1 behind CHI on the loss side (who would?ve thought that earlier in the season, huh).... gonna take a serious tank to crack the top 7 tho...

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 21

tiger0330

Legend
I said they might not win another one if they couldn't beat the Kings and they might not win if Horn decides to play the young guys all the way. He looked frustrated on the bench so I got a feeling he may pull the plug on the Mudiay as the starting PG experiment, he's been terrible over the last 2.

Broadway

All Star
The boys have come back from 19 down, 97-97 with 33 secs left. Horns instinct to win made him out in some real NBA players to try to pull this one out. Not sure if this is the end of the lets play the kids experiment, he looked like he wanted to put in Jack for Mudiay all game.

lol I went to watching the Oscars figuring this was a wrap and lo and behold they made a game of it. Start/Play the vets more and limit the kids if winning means that much at this point. I'm sure the fan base is looking forward to seeing this next season

Why screw up the tank now? Despite the 8-team super tank at the bottom of the league, we?re actually making up ground on a couple teams with 18 games to play. If we close out the season something like 2 - 16, we?ll very likely break into that block of the 8 worst records.

jimkcchief88

All Star
One of my co-workers and I have this tank debate all the time. He?s a Bulls fan, but we both hate the tank mentality. It goes against ?the spirit of the game.? I don?t let my grandkids beat me in PlayStation. You don?t get better by losing. You just develop a losing mentality that?s tough to shake even when you talent improves. And again, pjax blew our lottery pick last year, and even our ?home run? lottery pick can?t stay on the court. So who is to say we won?t swing and miss in the draft next year and the year after that and the year after that???? Losers are losers period. You guys can continue to celebrate losses. I just can?t participate in that:(

One of my co-workers and I have this tank debate all the time. He?s a Bulls fan, but we both hate the tank mentality. It goes against ?the spirit of the game.? I don?t let my grandkids beat me in PlayStation. You don?t get better by losing. You just develop a losing mentality that?s tough to shake even when you talent improves. And again, pjax blew our lottery pick last year, and even our ?home run? lottery pick can?t stay on the court. So who is to say we won?t swing and miss in the draft next year and the year after that and the year after that???? Losers are losers period. You guys can continue to celebrate losses. I just can?t participate in that:(

This Knicks team showing ?progress? to close the season and saving Hornacek?s job is my nightmare.

mafra

Legend
The team fell behind and looked bad but then rallied late and battled. As another website noted, ?there hasn?t been a tank battle like this since WW2.?

Still, the team had every ?right? to quit. Late Sunday night game, in midst of West Coast road swing. But they didn?t and that shows they?re fighting.... it?s just that the talent isn?t there...

For me, it?s not rooting for the loss but understanding that that every win, at this point, is a nutrionless and a Pyrrhic victory. It?s seeing the bigger picture. During the heat of battle... we want to win and win and win! It?s just that after the loss arrIves, the sting doesn?t burn as bad. Just a little sweet in the eye.

Anyway, Frank was outstanding... a good sign.