Danilo Gallinari vs Wilson Chandler

LJ4ptplay

Starter
There were a lot of people that doubted Gallineri. It comes with the territory of being a Euro draft pick I guess. The kid has serious skills.

The only question about him is his back. Everything else is solid and can not be questioned. I really think that he will explode next year. If he can stay healthy the rest of the year, and continue to play like he's playing, a full offseason of conditioning and training, with a year of confidence under his belt will lead to a huge year next year. Mark my words.

I hope we can somehow draft Ricky Rubio. Has anybody else imagined how amazing this team could be with Rubio and Gallineri in D'Antoni's system?

Proud Warrior

Benchwarmer
There were a lot of people that doubted Gallineri. It comes with the territory of being a Euro draft pick I guess. The kid has serious skills.

The only question about him is his back. Everything else is solid and can not be questioned. I really think that he will explode next year. If he can stay healthy the rest of the year, and continue to play like he's playing, a full offseason of conditioning and training, with a year of confidence under his belt will lead to a huge year next year. Mark my words.

I hope we can somehow draft Ricky Rubio. Has anybody else imagined how amazing this team could be with Rubio and Gallineri in D'Antoni's system?
:agreed:
I'm curious too to see Rubio, Gallinari in D'Antoni's system. Rubio is the best prospect I ever seen (after Gallinari, of course :))

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i was one of the knick fans that booed the knicks drafting og Gallinari simply because i didnt know much about the player and was under the impression that he was nothing but a shooter, basically a young Nowitzki, but after watching videos and reading scouting reports on him i liked his game more and more and saw that he had a sick all-around offensive game, and after watching him play 3 games he's done a great job coming off the bench with Nate and providing us with a huge spark off the bench, this dudes confidence is off the charts and he's well on his way to becoming an all-star...the road to all-star status has started

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
gallinari looks like he's going to be good but i still think he wasnt the best pick for us in da draft

metrocard

Legend
I agree.
I see Augustin as Chris Paul with 3pt range, but without the defense (even tho DJ isn't a bad defender)

Lopez could end up being lile...I don't know.
He's really good at defense.
His rebounding is better than expected.
Offensively, scoring is easy for him.
He can pass out of the post.
Shoot outside of 15 feet.
Blocks shots...is only 20.

Eric Gordon is overrated, always will be.

DeAndre Jordan actually had a huge game, like 24 points, 13 rebs, 4 blocks I believe. But he's still raw and unskilled, the potential is there I guess.

Gallinari has been impressing
and hasn't got to show off his best attribute.
His ability to penetrate and attack the basket.

Danilo has all the skill and talent offensively and all the effort and dedication on defense. His rebound will forever be average because he's just not that much of a leaper...its just not one of his attribute like post defense.

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
I think we have to keep both until we see what kind of player each develops into. It's way to early to guess about where they will wind up based on what they've shown to date. At a minimum, we also have to consider the possibility that Gallo's back becomes chronic issue. Finally, Gallo is still growing and is expected to max out 1 or 2 inches taller than he is now. There is no reason he can't become a PF if he grows a little and fills out some as he matures.

Akamu

The King
jamalcrawforddanilogallkg2.jpg

Paul1355

All Star
I agree.
I see Augustin as Chris Paul with 3pt range, but without the defense (even tho DJ isn't a bad defender)

Lopez could end up being lile...I don't know.
He's really good at defense.
His rebounding is better than expected.
Offensively, scoring is easy for him.
He can pass out of the post.
Shoot outside of 15 feet.
Blocks shots...is only 20.

Eric Gordon is overrated, always will be.

DeAndre Jordan actually had a huge game, like 24 points, 13 rebs, 4 blocks I believe. But he's still raw and unskilled, the potential is there I guess.

Gallinari has been impressing
and hasn't got to show off his best attribute.
His ability to penetrate and attack the basket.

Danilo has all the skill and talent offensively and all the effort and dedication on defense. His rebound will forever be average because he's just not that much of a leaper...its just not one of his attribute like post defense.

agreed...Once Gallo's back heals up 100% he will start driving to the hoop and getting to the foul line...maybe Chandler can learn from him lol

pat

Starter
Man, that behind the back dribble followed by a sick off-balance shot was sick. That's what I call swagger. I don't even mind his 6 fuls. I think given his back problems 18 minutes are pleanty of burn for him right now. Especially if he mangages to fill the stats sheet as he has up to now.

metrocard

Legend
Why does Chandler shoot so many three's when he's a 29% 3pt shooter?
He should be rebounding at a higher rate too...His rebounding so far has looked Tim Thomasesque.

I see nothing special in this dude...Unless he breaks out into a 20 and 9 Josh Smithesque type performance.

metrocard

Legend
This shit reminds me of when people were on Isiah's team and the demographics of Isiahsexuals were overpopulated...then later with trial and error they proved to be wrong for supporting bad.

Chandler is a young athletic player.
Don't fall for the hype.
I know this, I have a strong feeling.

I feel like we should ship him now to get BETTER before 2010 and make the playoffs this year...but his value is very high. Use it now before its gone(like how Curry's value was high but Isiah wasn't even going to accept Shaq for him.

Paul1355

All Star
This shit reminds me of when people were on Isiah's team and the demographics of Isiahsexuals were overpopulated...then later with trial and error they proved to be wrong for supporting bad.

Chandler is a young athletic player.
Don't fall for the hype.
I know this, I have a strong feeling.

I feel like we should ship him now to get BETTER before 2010 and make the playoffs this year...but his value is very high. Use it now before its gone(like how Curry's value was high but Isiah wasn't even going to accept Shaq for him.

If Chandler has such high upside then we should wait until he breaks out or starts playing better and then ship him...its too early now and I think Mike D can teach him a thing or two about making better decisions on the court.

Give Chandler a year or two and he should really do good...if not then see you later, New York isn't for guys to take years to develop there game...we need winners right away. Gallo is proving that he is a winner right away in only a few games...I see his future being more bright than Chandler's as of right now.

Red

TYPE-A
Chandler is a great fit. He's young practically a rookie, unselfish and has a great upside. He rebounds, has shown a ability to improve and best of all he actually plays defense! He is hands down better than Gallo (nothing against Gallo) at this point and would run circles around him in a 1 on 1. Gallo has a pure shooters stroke and has "raw" talent. But he needs to improve especially on the defensive end. His footwork isn't the greatest and his rebounding needs improvement. At 6'10 and growing he needs to hit the glass and play d better. But I'm not expecting too much from him, I realize he's still young like Chandler and with time will improve. Chandler has had some very good games. He is obviously still inconsistant but his upside is a pleasent suprise. Along with what I mentioned above his athleticism and egoless play indicates a keeper and a sleeper not someone we want to get rid of. He's not a PF he's a SF who needs to improve his perimeter game and gain confidence which I believe has something to do with his prev. knee injury. Yet he has been asked/expected to play bigger than what he is and has done a better job than anyone could have expected. Keep sleeping on him and he's gonna kill you- mark my words!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Chandlers been playing better since coming off the bench he seems comfortable with the roll and he accepts it with is 2 huge upsides, the Chandler Gallo thing could work

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
The key point to consider is that D'Antoni doesn't define players as PGs, SGs, SFs, PFs and Cs. He wants long versatile offensive players that can guard multiple positions. Gallo and Chandler play well together on the offensive end and Chandler is an extremely versatile defender. We are going to keep both and both will be excellent players.