Start Darko.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Please, I'm already getting sick of this shit.

David Lee is a terrific player, Don't get me wrong. But playing him at C is only going to give us sub-par to really bad results. Plus, as many posters have said, Lee and Darko would compliment each other well. Darko has gotten 5, 6 , and 13 minutes respectively in each of the last three games, against Cleveland, Indiana, and New Orleans. Shocker alert: The one where he played the most is the one WE WON.

I don't think Mike has been changing things around. He just uses the same strategy game after game, and we are suffering because of this. We gotta learn to change our gameplan. We have NO interior D, you think he would be able to realize this by now.

Not every player in our starting 5 has to be offensively adept.

Harrington is effective off the bench.
I don't know what the hell Chandler is doing.
Nate is inured.

Darko
Lee
Gallo
Hughes
Duhon/Douglas

This has to be our 5. Just has to be. We can't attract any free agents playing the way we are playing.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Darko is no answer. At times he shows promise.

But he needs to understand the handcheck rules in the NBA. Dude logs 4 fouls in 10 minutes of action.

C'mon son.

tiger0330

Legend
I agree, 1-5 says it's not working. We need to stop trading layups for jump shots with other teams and Darko will be able to give us a few defensive stops in the paint and post up on offense so we can get some high percentage shots.

JayJ44

Starter
Can he physically play that many minutes tho? Like is he fit enough? Isn't his career average for minutes like 20-something? Definitely worth a try tho. We need some defense in the starting lineup.

robert56

Benchwarmer
I have been following Darko's career since he was drafted by the Piston's.

When given the minutes he will give us the defense we need. Once he is playing more his points, rebounds and blocks will be a lot better. A couple of surprises from him this season are the assists and steals. Darko has good court knowledge and is a good passer.

Starting him will make things better. They can't get much worst.

Paul1355

All Star
Please, I'm already getting sick of this shit.

David Lee is a terrific player, Don't get me wrong. But playing him at C is only going to give us sub-par to really bad results. Plus, as many posters have said, Lee and Darko would compliment each other well. Darko has gotten 5, 6 , and 13 minutes respectively in each of the last three games, against Cleveland, Indiana, and New Orleans. Shocker alert: The one where he played the most is the one WE WON.

I don't think Mike has been changing things around. He just uses the same strategy game after game, and we are suffering because of this. We gotta learn to change our gameplan. We have NO interior D, you think he would be able to realize this by now.

Not every player in our starting 5 has to be offensively adept.

Harrington is effective off the bench.
I don't know what the hell Chandler is doing.
Nate is inured.

Darko
Lee
Gallo
Hughes
Duhon/Douglas

This has to be our 5. Just has to be. We can't attract any free agents playing the way we are playing.

Yup thats why Darko has to replace chandler...Chandler has only brought defense to this team this year and Darko can do the same and he's 7 feet.

Chandler is not the same, make him a sixth man and start Darko with Lee.

I have been on the Darko team since he came here. What's the point in bringing Darko when you barely play him? We were last in blocked shots and we sit the only tall shot blocker we have. I dont understand it.

Your lineup is the best option right now.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
we are 1-7. we look terrible on defense. all hope, except in gallo, seems to be lost. why not try and add a spark? we cant get much worse, might as well try using a traditional lineup.

robert56

Benchwarmer
We lost by just a few points and I really believe that had Darko been in the game, we might have won. Our defense is nonexistent, playing Darko would have provided us with some much needed defense and maybe a few more rebounds, steals and a block or two. In a game this close at the end a good defensive game in the first half might have made a difference.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Our team looks awful. At the very least if we start Darko, he'll hold down the opposing team's front court better than David Lee...

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with Darko physically...

I can't understand how he gets a DNP-CD against a team as big as Utah. David Lee was getting abused down low all game, because our forwards (Chandler, Harrington, and Jeffries) all hang around the perimeter. You have to think Darko would have given us something, rebounds, blocks, something...

Either he's just not right, or Mike D is really not the coach we've all been lead to believe he is...

Paul1355

All Star
I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with Darko physically...

I can't understand how he gets a DNP-CD against a team as big as Utah. David Lee was getting abused down low all game, because our forwards (Chandler, Harrington, and Jeffries) all hang around the perimeter. You have to think Darko would have given us something, rebounds, blocks, something...

Either he's just not right, or Mike D is really not the coach we've all been lead to believe he is...
I agree...something has to be wrong with Darko physically or Mike D mentally.

Darko could have helped us in a big way to stop Boozer in the post. I don't understand at all why Donie Walsh brought Darko here if he is not going to play him.

Now my anger comes out.

We do not have a shot blocking big man that plays decent minutes! Darko and Jordan Hill are the big men that can play defense, block a shot, and intimidate a team to not drive to the hoop! David Lee is piss poor defending Centers because he is not a center!!! David Lee has to play PF and Darko has to to start at Center.

Mike D has no reason to not play Darko. Instead he plays Chandler and Al Harrington constantly and their shooting percentages have been horrible because they just throw up bricks. Darko contributes more overall than Chandler and Harrington are as of right now. Darko's shot blocking, rebounding, and inside presence help us more than anything and Mike D is in la-la land.

robert56

Benchwarmer
If there is something wrong with Darko wouldn't they say something? I think the coach doesn't know what he is doing, not playing Darko 2 games in a row is ridiculous

nyk_nyk

All Star
Dantoni is convincing me more and more every game that he may just be an overrated coach. Granted, the Knicks do suck but I don't see any real coaching from him from game to game. I expect him to come up with different game plans depending on the opponent, but this team plays the same every game.

If the Knicks are playing a team that has poor interior defense they will still shoot an enormous amount of threes. There doesn't seem to be any adjustment on the coaches part. Also, can someone please tell Herb Williams to retire already! He will NEVER become a head coach. He's been here for a long time and he contributes nothing in terms of player development. He was a bum when he played and he's a bum teacher for our big men.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
After watching the game against the Hawks today I couldn`t believe that Darko didn`t make an appearance.

In the third and fourth quarter Horford was killing us inside. David Lee couldn`t handle him but I don`t blame Lee, he is not a centre and not a "big man" enough to stop Horford.

So, why , when Lee was being dominated inside and the game was going away from us, didn`t D`antoni bring Darko on as centre and move Lee to his forward position?

Darko is a "big man", a centre so knows how to defend another centre and he`s our only good shot blocker. It makes no sense when Lee was being pounded inside and we needed a big man to stop Horford that Darko stayed sitting. Had we been able to stop Horford we might have won the game.

Every game that passes I am becoming more convinced that D`Antoni is out of his depth, he seems completely incapable of seeing what is happening on the court and making changes to compensate for it.

Darko should start at centre and Lee should revert to his best position as the forward.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Dantoni is quickly losing his coaching credibility. There are counter moves you make as a coach even if it takes away some of your offense. Mr Pringles only knows offense and can't properly adjust to defense because it may sacrifice some immediate scoring. Half the time he looks clueless during post game interviews. The problem is, he had it so good and easy in PHO because Nash was making all the right decisions but now that he acutally has to coach he's becoming exposed.

I'm not calling for his dismissal just yet, but he really needs to get a hold of this team and at least show that he can get some good games out of them.

Herb Williams has been here all through the glory days when defense was #1 but it seems he has no voice or cares to emphasize defense to Dantoni. Obviously I'm not in the locker room so I have no clue what they talk about but it just doesn't seem as though it happens.

Ladies and Gentlemen

Its not LEE at center
Its not darko at center
Its not nate injured
Its not our coach or our GM
Its not duhon
ITs not harrington shooting too much
Its not Gallo not getting the ball enough
ITs not Douglas not playing enough
iTs not Jefferies sucks on offense
ITs not every one in a contract year and realize they may not be here next year
ITs not lebron James hoopla
Its not our lack of defense
Its not our poor shooting percentage
Its not our undersized team
ITs now wilson chandler streak shooting
ITs not eddy curry is out
ITs not any of those things

ITS ALL OF THEM

GET THE POINT

WE ARE A TERRIBLE BASKETBALL TEAM

I wrote 45-37 to stir things up on the site, which I did and it was fun

But obviously im not that stupid.

we are a horrible overall basketball team

weak and young at every major position

Small forward young
center ??none
PG back ups and tweeners
Power forwards no defense
Shooting guard over the hill past their prime and non existant

Our Bench ....where all of our starters would be on another team.

WE can make a million threads.

but there is no point

we are just a bad basketball team.

and dont gimme this ish about Mike D being over rated.

he has been accredited by all super stars and coaches alike in regards to his system for the olympic gold medal winning team

He has a track record for over 2 decades of basketball excellence

He is a former coach of the year.

People forget how the suns dominated the spurs and then stern smacked them with suspensions in the playoffs.

They won 60 games under his reign with out amare stud.

The dude can coach

These players just cant play

I mean really
Phil Jackson didnt take this job for a reason
Larry brown bitched his way out for a reason
I almost look at Zeke and say to myself how much of it
was his fault and how much of it was a shitty basketball team
Lenny Wilkins ran out of town

We have been losers for almost a decade.

If thats Mike D's fault then you all need some soul searching.
this team

JUST CANT FREAKING PLAYYYY BASKETBALL

Paul1355

All Star
Dantoni is convincing me more and more every game that he may just be an overrated coach. Granted, the Knicks do suck but I don't see any real coaching from him from game to game. I expect him to come up with different game plans depending on the opponent, but this team plays the same every game.

If the Knicks are playing a team that has poor interior defense they will still shoot an enormous amount of threes. There doesn't seem to be any adjustment on the coaches part. Also, can someone please tell Herb Williams to retire already! He will NEVER become a head coach. He's been here for a long time and he contributes nothing in terms of player development. He was a bum when he played and he's a bum teacher for our big men.

co sign....the fact that MIke D never changes his game plan is ridiculous...you have to exploit teams weaknesses and he never does that or tries to. I just don't see why we have athletic strong guys and we can't learn to drive to the basket.

And Herb has to replaced by a defensive coach.