Knicks Potentially Going After Travis Outlaw

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The Knicks, who are now pursuing a forward to play off the bench, have expressed interest in former Net Travis Outlaw if he clears the amnesty waiver process, according to an NBA source.

The Knicks could offer Outlaw their $2.5 million exception that has already been turned down by Grant Hill, Jamal Crawford and Shawne WIlliams.

Outlaw -- who averaged 9.2 points and shot 38 percent from the field last season -- has four years and $28 million remaining on his contract. The Nets will still have to pay it, but through the amnesty provision they receive salary cap relief by waiving Outlaw.

This guy showed a lot of promise as a Blazer 4-5 years ago, and, as far as I recall, seemed to think his services were worth the $28M the Nets gave him.

He turned out to be a classic example of a big contract flop. A real underachiever, touted as lazy and uninspired.

I don't want him on this team to be honest, and the thought of effectively swapping him for Shawne Williams is horrid.

I do/would enjoy the fact that Prikhorov would still be paying him whilst he plays for us, considering the Melo debacle in which his tampering was a factor in Denver's and Minnesota's rape of NY.

Other than that, not a lot of respect or admiration for a dude that drops off after his payday. He doesn't deserve another $2.5M, IMO.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;190314 said:
The Knicks, who are now pursuing a forward to play off the bench, have expressed interest in former Net Travis Outlaw if he clears the amnesty waiver process, according to an NBA source.

The Knicks could offer Outlaw their $2.5 million exception that has already been turned down by Grant Hill, Jamal Crawford and Shawne WIlliams.

Outlaw -- who averaged 9.2 points and shot 38 percent from the field last season -- has four years and $28 million remaining on his contract. The Nets will still have to pay it, but through the amnesty provision they receive salary cap relief by waiving Outlaw.

This guy showed a lot of promise as a Blazer 4-5 years ago, and, as far as I recall, seemed to think his services were worth the $28M the Nets gave him.

He turned out to be a classic example of a big contract flop. A real underachiever, touted as lazy and uninspired.

I don't want him on this team to be honest, and the thought of effectively swapping him for Shawne Williams is horrid.

I do/would enjoy the fact that Prikhorov would still be paying him whilst he plays for us, considering the Melo debacle in which his tampering was a factor in Denver's and Minnesota's rape of NY.

Other than that, not a lot of respect or admiration for a dude that drops off after his payday. He doesn't deserve another $2.5M, IMO.

WTF !!! is Amare doing in your sig video. It looks hilarious.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
What other choice do the Knicks have for a backup three point shooter and at SF?
I agree its a downgrade from Williams, that's why the Nets stole him. Who knows, a fresh start may be what he needs. He was good on the Blazers but wouldn't care if he gets picked up or not. I was hoping the Knicks bring back T Mac but they were never interested.

Crazy⑧s;190528 said:
Sweet. Call it intuition, but I really don't believe he would've been a good fit here.

Word!

Good that we didn't pick him up.

But we need Baron Davis, Toney is just not a playmaker at all...