Am I wrong?

reuel

Rookie
I'm a die hard knicks fan, as i've been for many years. I've always disliked the boston Celtics especially paul pierce. But i've always loved kevin garnett and ray allen.

Am I wrong for secretly hoping this Boston team works out?

I mean i know who i'll be rooting for to win the atlantic and even the championship if they can, but am i the only one that wants to see boston win 50+ games this year?

mugili716

Benchwarmer
U know what I have always like KG and Ray Ray and never like Paul Pierce, so its ok i guess to like the celtics and hope they do good i guess. But u know what I do want them to do good because then finally people won't talk smack after we win the atlantic with another legit team in our division you know what i'm saying. If we win and the celts suck then everyone will say well you were in the atlantic and it sucks anyways, I want our division to be competitive and we gotta win that will not only gain everyone's respect but we will also learn how to win big games which will get us ready for the playoffs.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Every one is getting ahead of them selves. Boston is going to be a beast, no question but the game is still open. As long have a good competitive season, have a winning mentality and fight our way into the play offs we're good. Nether one of these teams are championship caliber. Not yet. I think our chemistry is better but we, like the Celtics have to wait and see what our squad can do.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
very wrong and very confused... 50 wins? they'll probably burn before they play 50 games... you're giving boston way too much... they don't even have a team... they have 3 past-prime ballers and zilch... they're not trying to win games, they're trying to sell tickets...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
"past their prime players?" you serious... the average player peak is 28 - 32... some guys peak last longer in their peaks as well... so PP and KG are in the midst of their primes and Ray is at the end of his... but that's okay for a #3 option... why so much PP hate anyway? the cat is a warrior... had an iron man streak until last season i believe... didn't even miss any games after the stabbing a few years back... the atlantic is gonna be rough... NJ, Tor, Bos, NY... All potention 50 win teams... the toughest divisions usually breed the best teams... playing those cats for 12 games a year is sure to make us battle tested in time for the playoffs...

To the original question though... I love KG and I like PP... never liked Shuttlesworth... he's a great player no doubt... I just don't like him... I won't be rooting for Bos... but if we don't win... I'd root for them against SA... or Chi...

Last edited:
I'm a die hard knicks fan, as i've been for many years. I've always disliked the boston Celtics especially paul pierce. But i've always loved kevin garnett and ray allen.

I mean i know who i'll be rooting for to win the atlantic and even the championship if they can, but am i the only one that wants to see boston win 50+ games this year?
There's nothing wrong with liking individual player's. I too am a big fan of KG even more when he played on the west coast. Now he has become the enemy unfortunately joining that green & white team. There is no love in my heart for the boston or any other team beside my beloved Knicks. Your always going to like individual players as long you don't love them when their playing the Knicks it's all good. By the way you are the only one praying that Boston wins 50 games.

metrocard

Legend
KG, Pierce and Allen are some of my favorite players in the league. They play like superstars, but don't act bitch like Kobe or Iverson.

GetRealistic

Starter
Nothing wrong with liking players, especially when there in the West. But I gotta tell you there may be allittle something wrong with rooting for guys who are in the East let alone the Atlantic division. Plus i know it out dates alot of the posters on this site, but the Knicks and Celtics once apon a time were huge rivals, so i could never root for the Celtics as a team let alone any of there players.

A like one team and one team only, i have no second favorite teams or anything like that. As far as i'm concerned I hope the Celtics go 0-82.

One last thing if the Celtics were to be a big time team and put up 50-60 wins that means there probably going to beat us atleast 3-4 times. So how could you possibly root for that?

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
Nothing wrong with liking players, especially when there in the West. But I gotta tell you there may be allittle something wrong with rooting for guys who are in the East let alone the Atlantic division. Plus i know it out dates alot of the posters on this site, but the Knicks and Celtics once apon a time were huge rivals, so i could never root for the Celtics as a team let alone any of there players.

A like one team and one team only, i have no second favorite teams or anything like that. As far as i'm concerned I hope the Celtics go 0-82.

One last thing if the Celtics were to be a big time team and put up 50-60 wins that means there probably going to beat us atleast 3-4 times. So how could you possibly root for that?
I agree 100%!!!
go ny go ny go
f--k boston...

Kiyaman

Legend
Alot of NBA FANS hate on Paul Pierce because he does the majority of his scoring in the 4th quarter.

Pierce & Arenas NBA careers has been "on any given night" these two players will score 20 to 30 points just in the 2nd half of any game.

Did anyone read what the ESPN commentators wrote on the Knicks this offseason? I will copy it and put it in the next response.

Kiyaman

Legend
ESPN veiw of the Knicks playoff chances

ESPN had alot to say about the Knicks making the Playoffs this season:
KG threw a big Monkey-Wrench in the Knicks chances of making the Playoffs this season.

Does the addition of Zach Randolph make the Knicks a postseason lock?
Abbott: If I'm right that Chicago, Detroit, Boston, Cleveland, Miami, Toronto, and probably New Jersey will make the playoffs, then there's one spot left. The Knicks may well take it, but they're not a lock for anything. Practically every player on the roster needs the ball to be effective. I hope it'll work out, but I wouldn't count on it. And they'll have to beat out Orlando, Washington, Philadelphia and everyone else.

Hollinger: Not with that defense, no. The only lock here is that the Knicks will be a bottom-five defensive team with that Curry/Randolph frontcourt. Maybe they sneak in and maybe they don't.

Stein: Even though I thought trading for Zach was a worthy risk for Isiah Thomas, if his owner is willing to take on the added expense, I have to see how Randolph and Eddy Curry co-exist before I buy all the way in. I know Zach can step out and hit jumpers, but I still have doubts about how those two divvy up the offensive touches on top of their shared defensive shortcomings.

Thorpe: No. We still need to see how Eddy Curry does when the offense does not revolve around him. And they will struggle to defend people inside. Toronto, Orlando, New Jersey, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit and Boston are all better on paper, leaving just one spot. And Charlotte plus the Hawks will be improved, too.

Bucher: It makes them a lock for the most volatile chemistry experiment, on and off the court. I'm most interested to see how the league determines who to suspend if an altercation occurs between teammates and someone leaves the bench area.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...ndup-EastPower

1) Billups will lead the Pistons to the Playoffs.
2) Kidd will lead the Nets to the Playoffs
3) Lebron will lead the Cavs to the playoffs
4) T.J Ford will lead the Rapters to the Playoffs
5) Hindricks will lead the Bulls to the Playoffs
6) Wade will lead the Heat to the Playoffs
7) The Celtics new PG ??? will lead Boston through some Post season games.

Now the 8th, 9th, and 10th seed spot is open to
Arenas Wizards,
Jameer Nelson Magics,
And Marbury Knicks.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Kiyaman

Legend
We must not forget about the Veteran Leadership of Steve Jackson is back in the East, this time alongside of Felton & Okafor, and if they resign PG-Brevin Knight passing abilities so that the Boston Celtics dont go over the Luxury Tax to get him with their MLE. The Knicks is DEAD 9th or 11th seed material if they Start Curry & Zack for 82 games this 2007-8 season.

Now if the Knicks Start David Lee for 82 games this season with Curry, and have Zack, Balkman, Nate, and Collins come off the bench for some serious playing-time minutes the Knicks are LOCKED for the 5th to 8th seed playoff spot.

But every sports writer knows Isiah Thomas will not do that because he is a "SAVE-FACE" Coach who is stubborn to admitt that Jerome James, Jared Jefferies, and now Zack Randolph is not a STARTER on this Knick Roster, especially in their first season as a Knick...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
yes everybody's looking good on paper... now let's see how they play...
hell, last year on paper dallas was the best team in the leauge and gs was mediocre at best... what happened there??? you can't quantify heart, let's hope the knicks play with heart this year... oh, and brains too, shit...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Kiyaman... Wade's out with shoulder surgery until January and Miami has made no roster upgrades... AND they lost their best shooter (Kapono)... and signed "perenial all star" smush parker... Mia is gonna have a hard time making the post season... the Raptors aren't a lock either... A healthey Was makes it in... so there's still 2 spots left...

Realistically, Mil, Atl, NY, Cha, Orl all have a shot at making it... we're better than Cha, Atl... and we're as good as Orl or Mil...

Kiyaman

Legend
yes everybody's looking good on paper... now let's see how they play...
hell, last year on paper dallas was the best team in the leauge and gs was mediocre at best... what happened there??? you can't quantify heart, let's hope the knicks play with heart this year... oh, and brains too, shit...

Did'nt Dallas have the BEST WINNING season in the NBA this season.

Did'nt Golden State make a four player trade before the trading deadline and sign Dallas old coach Nelson.

Sports Writers all over is only counting the Knicks out of the Playoffs because KG is in their division now, and the Knicks Starting lineup of Zack & Curry is a BIG Joke just like the Marbury & Francis starting lineup when you had a better suitor in Crawford. David Lee is a 100 times better suitor with curry than Zack. and Balkman is the 6th Man off the bench and a 100 times better than Max MLE Jared Jefferies.
Dum Coaching is what Sports Writers is expecting from Zeke, that is why they count the Knicks out of the playoffs.

I remember when Austin Croshere got that big contract and Zeke put cheap contract Jermain O'Neal and rookie Miller ahead of him on the Pacers roster. That was when Zeke knew how to coach. Now Zeke ranks the stupidest coach in the NBA...

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player

Yes you are wrong.