Every time Curry plays...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Steph Curry that is...D'Antoni and Donnie must cringe and curse Don Nelson and the Golden State Warriors.

He's been playing really well lately and may win Rookie of the Year. Last night he had 29 pts, 9 assts, 0 turnovers, 5 rebs on 11-19 shooting and 5-9 from 3 point.

I admit, I was not very high in him during last year's draft. But damn!! He's still not a very good defender but his PG skills have impressed me. Imagine if we had drafted him. How different this offseason would/could be.

He's averaging 16.4 pts, 5.5 assts, with 42.4% from 3. His stats in the last month or two have been very good.

I am probably dreaming with this one, but do you think GS would go for Eddy Curry's expiring contract + Wilson Chandler for Corey Maggette + Steph Curry?

Or possibly Eddy Curry's expiring contract + Wilson Chandler + Toney Douglas + sign and trade Lee for Corey Maggette + Andres Biedrens + Steph Curry + Anthony Randolph?

Everybody knows GS is desperate to move Maggette and Biedrens. Maybe we can use that to our advantage and get something in return.

Would these deals be worth it in your opinion? Discuss.

KBlack25

Starter
He has been playing well...

But there is no way he wins Rookie of the Year. It's Tyreke Evans' to lose. 20/5/5 on the year.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont think Golden State would trade Curry for anyone on our team, but Ill say this...I was one of the few that was right about Curry all along. Before the season, i even predicted some of the stats he would have in certain games...my stats were very close with this lakers game. I predicted (once again, before the season started) that he would have 30 points and 8assists last night.

Ok, im full of shit, time for me to stop. I didnt think he would be anything that special except maybe an explosive scorer off the bench, but i didnt see him gettin all these assists and he actually goes for rebounds too. Hes a much better player then i though he would be, but still Tyreke Evans >>>>>

What a year for point guards though, the future of the NBA is in great shape

KBlack25

Starter
I dont think Golden State would trade Curry for anyone on our team, but Ill say this...I was one of the few that was right about Curry all along. Before the season, i even predicted some of the stats he would have in certain games...my stats were very close with this lakers game. I predicted (once again, before the season started) that he would have 30 points and 8assists last night.

Ok, im full of shit, time for me to stop. I didnt think he would be anything that special except maybe an explosive scorer off the bench, but i didnt see him gettin all these assists and he actually goes for rebounds too. Hes a much better player then i though he would be, but still Tyreke Evans >>>>>

Meh...I'm not sure Tyreke Evans is a true PG...he's more of a scoring combo guard. As good as he is, in D'Antoni's system (and I think in most systems across the league) Evans is best suited to be a driving SG as opposed to the play starter at PG...

LJ4ptplay

Starter

You're probably right. I don't think GS would trade Curry either. But they are very desperate to dump Maggette's and Biedrens' contracts. They also would like to trade Anthony Randolph.

They might go for my second idea of Eddy Curry's expiring contract + Wilson Chandler + Toney Douglas + sign and trade Lee for Corey Maggette + Andres Biedrens + Steph Curry + Anthony Randolph.

This would still allow us to sign 1 max contract player and use the MLE to fill out the roster.

New New York

Quiet Storm
But then Jared Jefferies would still be on our team if we had drafted Curry because no way Donnie trades him even if it was to free up cap space!

But Yeah I like Curry now,I too wasnt impressed with this kid, but caught a G-State game on league Pass and I liked what I saw.

dlee420

Banned
Doesn't matter if we had him this season.. he only would've been playing the last few games of the season under our idiot of a coach.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Doesn't matter if we had him this season.. he only would've been playing the last few games of the season under our idiot of a coach.

That's a load of crap and you know it. D'Antoni and Donnie were in love with him. He would have been the starter from day one, without question. Who knows how this season would have turned out had we drafted him.

Paul1355

All Star
Steph Curry that is...D'Antoni and Donnie must cringe and curse Don Nelson and the Golden State Warriors.

He's been playing really well lately and may win Rookie of the Year. Last night he had 29 pts, 9 assts, 0 turnovers, 5 rebs on 11-19 shooting and 5-9 from 3 point.

I admit, I was not very high in him during last year's draft. But damn!! He's still not a very good defender but his PG skills have impressed me. Imagine if we had drafted him. How different this offseason would/could be.

He's averaging 16.4 pts, 5.5 assts, with 42.4% from 3. His stats in the last month or two have been very good.

I am probably dreaming with this one, but do you think GS would go for Eddy Curry's expiring contract + Wilson Chandler for Corey Maggette + Steph Curry?

Or possibly Eddy Curry's expiring contract + Wilson Chandler + Toney Douglas + sign and trade Lee for Corey Maggette + Andres Biedrens + Steph Curry + Anthony Randolph?

Everybody knows GS is desperate to move Maggette and Biedrens. Maybe we can use that to our advantage and get something in return.

Would these deals be worth it in your opinion? Discuss.
your trade scenario would be horrible....it sounds nice but this Golden State team has 18 wins under an offensive minded coach in Don Nelson....GS has Monta Ellis, Curry, Maggette, Randolph, and Beidrins but somehow they can't win together which means they should never be traded to the same team.

Plus realistically speaking, trading Curry will only result in us getting nothing in return since no one wants him and his almost untradeable until his contract expires.

You can't trade Curry with Chandler and/or Douglas and expect to get anything better in return like Steph Curry or Biedrins...no one will give up value for Curry...plain and simple.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
your trade scenario would be horrible....it sounds nice but this Golden State team has 18 wins under an offensive minded coach in Don Nelson....GS has Monta Ellis, Curry, Maggette, Randolph, and Beidrins but somehow they can't win together which means they should never be traded to the same team.

Plus realistically speaking, trading Curry will only result in us getting nothing in return since no one wants him and his almost untradeable until his contract expires.

You can't trade Curry with Chandler and/or Douglas and expect to get anything better in return like Steph Curry or Biedrins...no one will give up value for Curry...plain and simple.

I think you have no idea how valuable an expiring contract can be and how much teams desire to remove huge/long-term contracts. You seem to only look at court value and not fiscal value. Depending on the situation, the fiscal value can far outweigh the court value.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Lol keep dreaming, Steph Curry is untouchable. He's as untouchable as Gallo is here while Mike D is our coach. Meaning don't plan on him going anywhere.

mafra

Legend
You weren't the only one.... A few posters were saying Curry was nothing. I was really hoping he fell into our laps. Thought we had a 50/50 shot. Figured he was the last prospect that was a lock to be a player (given where we were drafting).

I liked Curry a lot b/c the dude can shoot and has excellent court vision. People quertioned his size and his passing skills. I was leary of his size, but was confident he would excel running an offense. Plus, he has the heart and competitive spirit of a PF.

Anyway.... Having Gallo and Curry together.... is a wet dream for any superstar. You bring in Lebron and let these 2 sharp-shooters snap the net.... Man!

Still, I do think T-Evans was target #1. I realize he was a long shot to fall to NYK, but I think he was Donnie's #1 guy. Curry was obviously #2. I was so pissed when Nelson drafted him. I always hated that fool- now even more so! I was so happy when Minny passed on Curry. I felt we had a legit shot.

Then it came within one pick! I went from elation to depression, when in a span of 3 minutes, we hear GSW select Curry and NYK take Hill! I so wanted it to go the other direction.

BUT.... LET'S NOTY FORGET.... I was also pissed we missed out on Russell Westbrook. He was our target (after Mayo) last year. Gallo was our 3rd option. I so wanted Westbrook. A real PG who plays defense! He's really good. After that, I wanted Gordon. BUt I understand why we bet on Gallo's upside.

Still.... hard to swallow.... We were this to having a Gallo-Curry core!

NOW.... This Douglas kid has potential. He LOVES to play defense, and can create. He can score and shoot the ball. I think learning to pass will come with practice. I'm not sure about his court vision though. He'll never shoot like Curry, or see the floor like Curry. But I think his defense and his ability to create offense is better.

I love how Bill Simmons said NYK made one of NBA's worst draft day blunders taking Hill over Jennings! really? What about MEM taking Thibeat over Evans? What about MIN taking Flynn over Jennings? He just hates NYK (b/c he's from BOS). I so hope Douglas proves to be better than BJ!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Well, I wouldn't mind if we are able to sign Anthony Morrow. He will be a restricted free agent this offseason. Morrow and Gallo as outside options would be pretty nice. He shoots around 46% from 3-point.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Well, I wouldn't mind if we are able to sign Anthony Morrow. He will be a restricted free agent this offseason. Morrow and Gallo as outside options would be pretty nice. He shoots around 46% from 3-point.

Morrow is a good prospect. Can't believe the kid went undrafted. Would love to have him off the bench. Poor-man's Michael Redd(in his prime), which is exactly what we could use.

The Knicks undoubtedly SHOULD have taken Brandon Jennings. He would shine even brighter in the big city and D'antoni's system. Curry would have been ideal, but I think they goofed big time by taking Hill as proved by him already being gone.

Paul1355

All Star
I think you have no idea how valuable an expiring contract can be and how much teams desire to remove huge/long-term contracts. You seem to only look at court value and not fiscal value. Depending on the situation, the fiscal value can far outweigh the court value.

1)I'm not alone on the view that Steph Curry is untouchable
2) last year contracts are valuable but not valuable if the player never plays
3)Showing Donnie's track record I doubt he will trade a last year player for a a guy with a bloated contract... the only guy worth trading for is Biedrins because we need a Center so bad.

Donnie is a financial GM and he prob sees this contract as a way to free up more cap space....I hope I am wrong and we get something out of it but the odds are entirely against us.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
27 pts, 14 assts, 8 rebs and 7 steals last night.

Almost a quadruple double. If we had drafted him he would win ROY.

D'Antoni probably has nightmares every night cursing Don Nelson.