The Knicks Will Win The Nba Championship

smokes

Huge Member
That's true but what about the Bulls? Do you not think they have improved drastically this year and even continued to play great team ball without Rose?

I'd rather follow their model than the Heat's.

Get me a Luol Deng for Melo if Melo doesn't start playing D.

Get me a Josh Smith over an Amar'e.

Realistically we can't get Deng, but I believe we could get Smith and he'd put more out there than Amar'e.

Could we get Batum from Portland? This kid really impresses me overall and is brilliant on D.

You can keep your Amar'e and Melo line up.

Give me

Lin/ good back up
Fields/Shump/Walker
Batum/JJ/Novak
Jsmoove/JJ/Harrellson
Chandler/good back up.

TEAMS WIN TITLES. Look at Dallas!

Dirk is better than Bosh but other than that do the Mavs have anything better than Wade and LeBron? No.

They had a team, a belief, passion and a commitment to play as a team offensively and defensively. They had a chemistry.

IF Amar'e and Melo want to buy in this year then great, if not, draft picks and underrated defensive players are your friend!

In an unreal trade I'd die happy if we could somehow get Batum and LMA with Melo and Amar'e being involved but that's clearly never going to happen.

I get where you're coming from but that lineup doesn't cut it. Nowhere near enough scoring there. No one you can go to when you straight up need a basket.

Dallas had Kidd, the Jet, Marion, Dirk who can all put up 20 a game easily. They had SOLID 7 foot backups. They had Barea who was like their Jeremy Lin last year. Dallas was a stars aligning type Championship everything came together at the right time and everyone went their own way after.

As much as you guys might not like it there's no way Melo and Stat are gonna come back and "earn" their minutes. They are the stars of the team and they will come straight back to 30mpg as soon as they're ready.

Now there is a newfound belief and confidence in the team I believe they will slot in a lot nicer than before.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
I get where you're coming from but that lineup doesn't cut it. Nowhere near enough scoring there. No one you can go to when you straight up need a basket.

Dallas had Kidd, the Jet, Marion, Dirk who can all put up 20 a game easily. They had SOLID 7 foot backups. They had Barea who was like their Jeremy Lin last year. Dallas was a stars aligning type Championship everything came together at the right time and everyone went their own way after.

As much as you guys might not like it there's no way Melo and Stat are gonna come back and "earn" their minutes. They are the stars of the team and they will come straight back to 30mpg as soon as they're ready.

Now there is a newfound belief and confidence in the team I believe they will slot in a lot nicer than before.

I'm not giving up on Stat and Melo, I'm just saying they need to put up or shut up.

You say there isn't enough scoring but I believe that's more down to the teams and the systems they play in.

Smith is an animal and easily capable of putting up more than his current 16 ppg with a better PG and less people hogging the ball.

Batum is about to break out and I can see him easily putting up around 18-20 ppg.

Shump is putting up 10 a game and that's going to increase and already has if you take the games where there has been no Melo or Amar'e.

Landry is putting up 10 and again he's only played a full year and he's getting more of the ball with Lin around and Tyson Chandler is putting up 12 with he and Lin getting an unreal partnership.

Amar'e to me is massively overrated and the same goes for Melo but Melo showed against Boston how important he can be when he wants to know.

Forget Amar'e we can replace what he gives if he doesn't want to know much easier but Melo, if Melo started playing good D you're talking about an untouchable scorer who can win a game on his own.

My point is while winning is great, sometimes how you get there is as important if not more so.

Give me a team of Lins with his humility, his heart and his attitude over superstars who followed the dollar under the guise of NY love.

smokes

Huge Member
I'm not giving up on Stat and Melo, I'm just saying they need to put up or shut up.

You say there isn't enough scoring but I believe that's more down to the teams and the systems they play in.

Smith is an animal and easily capable of putting up more than his current 16 ppg with a better PG and less people hogging the ball.

Batum is about to break out and I can see him easily putting up around 18-20 ppg.

Shump is putting up 10 a game and that's going to increase and already has if you take the games where there has been no Melo or Amar'e.

Landry is putting up 10 and again he's only played a full year and he's getting more of the ball with Lin around and Tyson Chandler is putting up 12 with he and Lin getting an unreal partnership.

Amar'e to me is massively overrated and the same goes for Melo but Melo showed against Boston how important he can be when he wants to know.

Forget Amar'e we can replace what he gives if he doesn't want to know much easier but Melo, if Melo started playing good D you're talking about an untouchable scorer who can win a game on his own.

My point is while winning is great, sometimes how you get there is as important if not more so.

Give me a team of Lins with his humility, his heart and his attitude over superstars who followed the dollar under the guise of NY love.

Yeah but my point is you can't rely on any of those players being clutch. Lin has been recently but he's unproven in that department. You cannot count on Fields or Shumpert putting up 20 a game nor can you ever count on them hitting big clutch shots which was completely unexpected. Batum and Smoove are the same neither of them are clutch players they might play hard and be very good 2 way players but the bottom line is you need certain players in a championship team and the most important is to have someone that when the shit hits the fan and you cannot buy a bucket you have your guy who will take a contested turnaround fadeaway and sink it.

Melo and Stat are both clutch. They might have had a shocking start to the season by all standards but we will see how things progress over the next month, I'm predicting a huge turnaround for those guys.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Lets make this real SIMPLE:

Let us wait and see a complete line up with STAT and Melo with addition of Lin. Melo will have to play great, are you guys kidding? If the knicks go from winning without Melo to losing with him the NY media will call for his head.

Melo is not stupid and still a top 10 player in the league. He sees the difference in the team and the chemistry being formed. Do you really think he'll come in and try to ruin it. It may be hard for you guys to believe but at the end of the day he does want to win. (I am a cuse fan as well)

Now more than ever the knicks are under the microscope of the league with the emergence of sir Lin so Melo know all eys are on this team. You heard it hear first Melo will be a completley different player upon his return, in a good way.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player

Your wrong you can't win without atleast one superstar and some other star level players it's just not happening. You can have regular season success like Philly and Denver is having but none of those teams are gonna make it to the conference finals.

Yea Melo and STAT have to come back and play within the system offensively and bring it defensively but if you or anybody really thinks this team has a chance without them you need to re-evaluate all your basketball knowledge.
Don't just live in the now because this team would get killed in a playoff series by Chi, MIA, and Boston without Melo and Amare even with Batum or JR.

Red

TYPE-A
The Knicks need a coaching change, before they can even think about winning a championship.

Antoni couldn't do it with Nash, Marion, and STAT. What makes you think he will do it with Lin, Melo, and STAT?

Tyson The Mad Byson Chandler

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Your wrong you can't win without atleast one superstar and some other star level players it's just not happening. You can have regular season success like Philly and Denver is having but none of those teams are gonna make it to the conference finals.

Yea Melo and STAT have to come back and play within the system offensively and bring it defensively but if you or anybody really thinks this team has a chance without them you need to re-evaluate all your basketball knowledge.
Don't just live in the now because this team would get killed in a playoff series by Chi, MIA, and Boston without Melo and Amare even with Batum or JR.

Detroit Pistons. Where was their star level player? Ben Wallace? The team I am suggesting would have more scoring and better defense if it played up to potential. Pistons were built on defense and playing as a team and to me it is the most impressive of all the nba final wins.

Where was your basketball knowledge about Lin? I already called George being an all star and Batum is the same, watch this space.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Detroit Pistons. Where was their star level player? Ben Wallace? The team I am suggesting would have more scoring and better defense if it played up to potential. Pistons were built on defense and playing as a team and to me it is the most impressive of all the nba final wins.

Where was your basketball knowledge about Lin? I already called George being an all star and Batum is the same, watch this space.

I hate when ppl try to use the Pistons as an example that year Chauncey was a legit top 5 PG, Rasheed top 5 PF, Ben Wallace best defensive Center in the game, Prince 2nd best perimeter defender after Ron Artest, and Rip was the best off ball player that year.

They didn't have big names but they had big games the Knicks without Melo and Amare don't have all those things.

And my basketball knowledge about Lin you don't even know how I felt about Lin it's funny you bring that up because while I never thought he'd be this good I always predicted he'd be a solid player on theLakernation forum I post on I was saying LA should draft this kid since 2010 and then sign him after he schooled John Wall so don't jump to conclusions.

smokes

Huge Member

Why do you think Chauncey Billups nickname is Mr Big Shot?

Who in your lineup of Lin Fields Batum JSmoove Tyson is going to hit big shots when the defense is all over them?

iSaYughh

Starter
^^^ Pistons also, fwiw, considered one of the weakest NBA champs ever.

Though you can win, let's say, without a "superstar", it doesn't mean that is the best way to construct your team and expect the best chance of actually being able to do so.

I don't think the lineup WrongIslander presented is as star-studded or talented as that Piston team, either.

It's a lovely looking lineup, but I think it's something of a rich man's Hawks team. Would get toppled by the upper crust teams in this golden age/dynasty age of the NBA.

It's a sexy team, but I think you'd need a real baller who can score at the 2 to legit say that's a championship squad in this day and age...swap Fields with say, OJ Mayo, and I wouldn't bet against that team.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
I hate when ppl try to use the Pistons as an example that year Chauncey was a legit top 5 PG, Rasheed top 5 PF, Ben Wallace best defensive Center in the game, Prince 2nd best perimeter defender after Ron Artest, and Rip was the best off ball player that year.

They didn't have big names but they had big games the Knicks without Melo and Amare don't have all those things.

And my basketball knowledge about Lin you don't even know how I felt about Lin it's funny you bring that up because while I never thought he'd be this good I always predicted he'd be a solid player on theLakernation forum I post on I was saying LA should draft this kid since 2010 and then sign him after he schooled John Wall so don't jump to conclusions.

So you didn't know what Lin was going to do.

You're dreaming if you think Chauncey, Rasheed and Wallace were considered stars. They were perfect for the team they played in and once again, who was going to put up the points?

They didn't have an Amar'e or a Melo and they did fine. You've basically just reinforced my point.

Smith and Chandler could dominate in the paint just as Wallace and Sheed did while neither would be all stars.

Lin could end up being mr big shot, you just don't know yet.

Batum's defense is vastly underrated and he'd put up more points that Prince.

The point (which still stands by the way) is they had the right players for the right positions with no one or two stars that took over completely and they won AS A TEAM with every player playing an important part on both ends of the court.

You didn't know what Lin would be and you don't know what he could be, same goes for Batum and Shumpert. For all you know they are all top 5 players in the future.

Once again, this was my point with Paul George. The clues were there and now he's living up to it.

TEAM > 1, 2 or 3 stars.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Why do you think Chauncey Billups nickname is Mr Big Shot?

Who in your lineup of Lin Fields Batum JSmoove Tyson is going to hit big shots when the defense is all over them?

Because while playing in a team that allowed him the chances to get off those big shots he made them.

It could be Lin, it could be Batum and they're both capable and in the future we'll see.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Lol, Detriot is seriously an exception to the rule.

You do realize that all of the championship teams going back to 1990 had: Jordan and Pippen; Olajuwon; Jordan, Pippen; Duncan, Robsinson; Shaq, Kobe; Duncan, Parker, Ginobli; Wade, Shaq; Duncan, Parker, Ginobli; Paul Pierce, KG, Ray Allen; Kobe, Pau, Odom, Bynum; Dirk, Terry, Tyson.

And I left guys like Kenny Smith, Sean Elliot, Fox, Horry, etc. off that list.

The argument that you can win it without stars because the Pistons did it back in the 03-04 season is crazy. Stars have been winning rings since way back in the 80s. People are too quick to try to ignore history to make a point.

We need STAT and Melo to play well going forward, and now that they have a real PG, it's feasible. But any scenario that has the Knicks winning a ring without those guys is the sort of shit you hear in the media that's said solely for reaction. It's not meant to be taken seriously.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Lol, Detriot is seriously an exception to the rule.

You do realize that all of the championship teams going back to 1990 had: Jordan and Pippen; Olajuwon; Jordan, Pippen; Duncan, Robsinson; Shaq, Kobe; Duncan, Parker, Ginobli; Wade, Shaq; Duncan, Parker, Ginobli; Paul Pierce, KG, Ray Allen; Kobe, Pau, Odom, Bynum; Dirk, Terry, Tyson.

And I left guys like Kenny Smith, Sean Elliot, Fox, Horry, etc. off that list.

The argument that you can win it without stars because the Pistons did it back in the 03-04 season is crazy. Stars have been winning rings since way back in the 80s. People are too quick to try to ignore history to make a point.

We need STAT and Melo to play well going forward, and now that they have a real PG, it's feasible. But any scenario that has the Knicks winning a ring without those guys is the sort of shit you hear in the media that's said solely for reaction. It's not meant to be taken seriously.

Why is it crazy? There's not one sport in the world where a balanced team won't beat a team constructed around 1 or 2 great players.

Another thing that is proven in sports is you're better to MAKE a star, than buy or trade for one. I suppose that history doesn't back up your argument though.

smokes

Huge Member
By your logic of "you don't know what Lin and Shumpert could do they could be top 5 players" then why don't we just trade away Melo and Stat for a bunch of undrafted players... You never know they might be top 5 players one day!

And re needing a balanced team over stars.. It's not one or the other you need both. Name a team that won something significant without both of these components, in any sport, that's not the Detroit Pistons.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Why is it crazy? There's not one sport in the world where a balanced team won't beat a team constructed around 1 or 2 great players.

Another thing that is proven in sports is you're better to MAKE a star, than buy or trade for one. I suppose that history doesn't back up your argument though.

Yea, that's for cap reasons and the ability to build a team. But if you "buy" a couple of stars and put a decent supporting cast around them, you're fine.

We already have STAT and Melo, we have what seems to be our PG of the future, we have defense, rebounding, and shooting on the wings, we have depth up front (if used correctly) in Jordan, Jorts, and Jeffries, we have a starting 5 with a wing who can create his own shot if the defense is set, we have a PG who can run the PnR and feed his 4 and 5, we have a 2 who doesn't need the ball, and is always moving.

Once you have your stars.....why cry about it?

What if your team constructed around one or two players IS a balanced team? I don't even get that statement...I mean...are the Thunder not constructed around Durant and Westbrook? Were the Bulls not constructed around Jordan? You acquire stars, and build around them. It's more advantageous to do it thru the draft so you can retain assets, get cheap talent, and also control their rights until they have enough accrued time to be eligible for free agency, and then you have their Bird Rights.

We bought our stars, but now we have what seems to be enough of a supporting cast and a decent bench.

Why so mad?

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Yea, that's for cap reasons and the ability to build a team. But if you "buy" a couple of stars and put a decent supporting cast around them, you're fine.

Not all sports have cap and we've paid far too much for ours, I don't think that is in doubt.

We already have STAT and Melo, we have what seems to be our PG of the future, we have defense, rebounding, and shooting on the wings, we have depth up front (if used correctly) in Jordan, Jorts, and Jeffries, we have a starting 5 with a wing who can create his own shot if the defense is set, we have a PG who can run the PnR and feed his 4 and 5, we have a 2 who doesn't need the ball, and is always moving.

"We have defense", not when Stat and Melo are playing below par we don't.

Once you have your stars.....why cry about it?

We don't have stars until they turn up and start playing like it. We have plays with the ability to be stars.

What if your team constructed around one or two players IS a balanced team? I don't even get that statement...I mean...are the Thunder not constructed around Durant and Westbrook? Were the Bulls not constructed around Jordan? You acquire stars, and build around them. It's more advantageous to do it thru the draft so you can retain assets, get cheap talent, and also control their rights until they have enough accrued time to be eligible for free agency, and then you have their Bird Rights.

Yes they are constructed around two players that were drafted. They also haven't been to a finals yet. Of course the Bulls were constructed around Jordan who again was drafted. So that's your best example of this year and all time not including two older players signed for ridiculous fees at the expense of depth with no thought given to chemistry.

We bought our stars, but now we have what seems to be enough of a supporting cast and a decent bench.

Why so mad?

We gave too much to get players that still need to do a lot more to prove themselves. I said from the start that my trades are only based on the idea that Melo and Amar'e don't improve and play up to their potential including team defense.