Knicks @ Bucks

@ Smokes. That just showes your basketball insight. The 4th Q is extremely important but if you feel the 4th Q is the only quarter that's important, well, then, maybe you should turn off your TV & tune in during the last 4 mins of the 4th quarter. Basketball is a 4 quarter sport... Not a "1" quarter effort.

On a side note; Billups is really coming on strong & our team defense has played excellent since the 1st Quarter struggles but hey; at least they never quit right?

smokes

Huge Member
@ Smokes. That just showes your basketball insight. The 4th Q is extremely important but if you feel the 4th Q is the only quarter that's important, well, then, maybe you should turn off your TV & tune in during the last 4 mins of the 4th quarter. Basketball is a 4 quarter sport... Not a "1" quarter effort.

On a side note; Billups is really coming on strong & our team defense has played excellent since the 1st Quarter struggles but hey; at least they never quit right?

You officially win the weakest poster of 2011 imo, and it's only March... And you only signed up this month! Way to go :lol: Another keyboard warrior that puts words in other people's mouths and licks MDA's balls for the hell of it.

When did I say anything about the 4th quarter being the only important quarter? I said let's wait and see how they do in the 4th because in practically every loss this season we have been weak and no HEART in the 4th and HEART is what you were emphasising in your post.

Lets just agree to enjoy the game & hopefully the rest of the season you can consider me the weakest poster of the year; everyone has an opinion you know.

@wargames hell yeah man... Douglas is making leaps & bounds type of improvement and progression as a kid who's only a 2nd year player. When Billups went down, I stated that as long as Billups was back to gain some chemistry before heading into playoffs, that this Billups injury could have been a blessing disguise earning playing time & gaining the much needed experience.

The best of Toney Douglas has yet to come, cant wait to see TD in two years it's gonna be great. I seriously believe this kid is our next long time PG moving forward. Can you imagine Fields in 2 years? wow. TD & Fields can become & form 1 hell of a duo. Both can score & play off the ball etc etc & both D-Up.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Nice and 1 by STAT. TD penetrating the D is creating shots for others, the guy is one hell of a player and is only going to get better.

Knicks need to clamp down on D now, make a push to win this one.

smokes

Huge Member
Lets just agree to enjoy the game & hopefully the rest of the season you can consider me the weakest poster of the year; everyone has an opinion you know.

@wargames hell yeah man... Douglas is making leaps & bounds type of improvement and progression as a kid who's only a 2nd year player. When Billups went down, I stated that as long as Billups was back to gain some chemistry before heading into playoffs, that this Billups injury could have been a blessing disguise earning playing time & gaining the much needed experience.

The best of Toney Douglas has yet to come, cant wait to see TD in two years it's gonna be great. I seriously believe this kid is our next long time PG moving forward. Can you imagine Fields in 2 years? wow. TD & Fields can become & form 1 hell of a duo. Both can score & play off the ball etc etc & both D-Up.

I can respect that you bow down with dignity. Maybe you aren't the weakEST poster here.

And I agree about TD though I don't think he'll ever be a legit starter in this league he can be a very effective 6th man kinda like the guy we all hoped Nate would be just without the ridiculous stunts and with added defense. Hustle, energy, 3pt threat, can go off for 30+ if it's his night.

Don't know how many people have seen but TD is actually one of the keys to our success. Much like Chandler before the trade (when he scored 18+ we won, when he scored less we lost), TD's performance has a huge impact on whether we win or lose. If this kid gets consistent it's going to help us hugely becoming a more consistent team overall.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I can respect that you bow down with dignity. Maybe you aren't the weakEST poster here.

And I agree about TD though I don't think he'll ever be a legit starter in this league he can be a very effective 6th man kinda like the guy we all hoped Nate would be just without the ridiculous stunts and with added defense. Hustle, energy, 3pt threat, can go off for 30+ if it's his night.

Don't know how many people have seen but TD is actually one of the keys to our success. Much like Chandler before the trade (when he scored 18+ we won, when he scored less we lost), TD's performance has a huge impact on whether we win or lose. If this kid gets consistent it's going to help us hugely becoming a more consistent team overall.

Agreed about TD, love his energy, scoring and playmaking ability coming off the bench, not to mention great hustle on D.

Its crunch time, Knicks need to start making some shots, TD will be running the O with Billups fouling out.

Your right Papz... Douglas is forming into one of the most talented young guards around. It could seriously be only a matter of time before Douglas is running Point for the Knicks as a really strong team leader because this kid has both the hustle & heart to become just that; a New York leader. The sky is the limit for Toney working with stars such as Melo & Amare. He could become a serious problem for opposing PG's & entire D's from here on out.

In 2 years Douglas & Fields could lead the way for our back court which could become scary good because both play with steady defensive intensity & both have the overall offensive games to do it ALL from the Guard positions. Fields is one of the best off the ball Knick players I've seen since maybe Sprewell.

With Melo & Amare holding down the SF & PF positions along with Douglas & Fields forming our back court... All we gotta do is add depth & a C & it's off to the contending races. Am I crazy for believing this?

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Your right Papz... Douglas is forming into one of the most talented young guards around. It could seriously be only a matter of time before Douglas is running Point for the Knicks as a really strong team leader because this kid has both the hustle & heart to become just that; a New York leader. The sky is the limit for Toney working with stars such as Melo & Amare. He could become a serious problem for opposing PG's & entire D's from here on out.

In 2 years Douglas & Fields could lead the way for our back court which could become scary good because both play with steady defensive intensity & both have the overall offensive games to do it ALL from the Guard positions. Fields is one of the best off the ball Knick players I've seen since maybe Sprewell.

With Melo & Amare holding down the SF & PF positions along with Douglas & Fields forming our back court... All we gotta do is add depth & a C & it's off to the contending races. Am I crazy for believing this?

No your not crazy, there is definatley potential there with those two. They fit in nice with our 2 stars, the type of players you need to complete a roster, just need a 5.

Delfino is killing us, this is gonna be a tough loss if we cant pull this one out.

Masso

Rookie
Bucks have hit shots at vital times.

That 1st quarter was unacceptable and it's lost us the game here. Our D for the other 3 quarters hasnt been too bad.

smokes

Huge Member

It does depend a lot on who we get to fill our holes. Considering the lack of good Centers in this league I find it pretty unlikely we'll get anyone who is a scoring threat. Fields is most definitely not a scoring threat and TD is only a threat 50% of the time.

Having 2 and a half scorers in your starting 5? Quite risky if you ask me (for a potential championship contender).

Fields is a great player but an awkward one when it comes to building a complete team. I hope he will work on adding some scoring to his game this summer. If he had the ability to create his own shot and had a good midrange, then he could be freakin awesome.

And as for the game, the Knicks have a great 2nd and 3rd and a crappy 1st and 4th. We are about to drop down to the 7th seed. Again.

Will we ever win a game again?

I mean seriously??

We suck so badly....

No way I'm gonna spend $60 on the playoff package for league pass.

About time the season ends, we're playing terrible basketball.

@ Smokes nah... I don't need to always debate/disagree/argue during the gameday thread when their are plenty of other threads meant for that; I gotta cut that shit out.

Just never posted on a Knicks message board other than the years of posting about the Knicks on the Jets fan site with no more than 20 Knick fans but yeah Jet gameday threads have always been knee-jerk reactions & I'm no better because I flip out too sometimes. I'm a man & pride as a man won't get in the way of me admitting when I'm wrong.

Now come on Knicks lets win this & build off a strong comeback victory moving forward from here on out...

No your not crazy, there is definatley potential there with those two. They fit in nice with our 2 stars, the type of players you need to complete a roster, just need a 5.

Delfino is killing us, this is gonna be a tough loss if we cant pull this one out.

I got nothing...

Wargames

Starter

well i think we are gonna need more on the roster than a C but yeah THE FUTURE is bright ...... Also am I the only one tired of OK players having career nights against us. This current roster is Shi**y. We're gonna have to spend another 2 years rebuilding again.

petescud

Starter
Always next year...i don't see this team turning it around in time for the playoffs...we may not even make the playoffs

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
well i think we are gonna need more on the roster than a C but yeah THE FUTURE is bright ...... Also am I the only one tired of OK players having career nights against us. This current roster is Shi**y. We're gonna have to spend another 2 years rebuilding again.

I was gonna say the same thing. There is no way delfino gets thrity against anybody else.

Terible players seem to beast against us. Chris wilcox, hansborough, delfino, and thats just the last few games. SMH

Game over.

Another loss - well done guys we're really proud of you......:barf:

We need to reintroduce SSOL, because atm we have no philosophy. It's like back in 07-08 when Isiah was coaching. Everyone did what he wanted to do.
Same now, no concept - no movement. Too much ball watching and isolation plays.

SSOL would be great with Melo, STAT and Douglas - let's bring it back.

We played better in 08-09 than we do now.

Watched the Chicago game from december 08 today and boy we played some fantastic basketball on offense.