SSj4Wingzero's Post Deserves Significant Exposure

nyk_nyk

All Star
You have got to be fuggin kiddin me! :drink:. You must be drunk son..

Neway

Still too early to blame MDA for anything folks.

When/if B.Davis steps on the court we'll see this offense run alot closer to the way its supposed to.

MDA really needs good pg play to open things up.

But for right now guys need to move the ball and play together. I just don't see it now. It'll get better but will take time. Right now there are too many isos.. hero bball as Doc Rivers calls it. This just won't get it done unless key guys are knocking down shots and they weren't falling last night for Melo and Amare.

That said, it's the 2nd game of the season people.

Calm yo':smokin:selves down. Look at the Lakers for crying out loud and be greatful

First of all I believe you contradicted yourself.
Second, Ummmm aren't these things that the coach can correct??? YES!

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I didn't even see this thread.

But what does a lack of training camp have to do with a lack of movement? Dude's suddenly forget their assignments and chose to iso STAT & Melo? So....MDA didn't make the decision to ISO Melo? Melo did it on his own, several times, without the coach's blessing and no repercussions? Oh really?

Melo shouldn't have been iso'd late in that game because: 1) He was having an atrocious shooting night, and 2) He had 4 teammates on the court.

Don't forego running a play because "oh, I have Carmelo Kiyan Anthony on my team, how pleasant."

Run a play, and if it doesn't work....you tried, fine, execute better next time assholes. But if you say "**** it, ISO MELO...WATCH OUT NOW!! you give the D less variables to worry about, and now every single egg you have is in one basket.

This man is an offensive "genius." Shouldn't he be able to take anyone and put them in a position for success on the court, be it team or personal? Coach them up. Yeah there was a lack of training camp, but you don't learn the english language and get introduced to processing information in training camp.....draw up a play, please, for the love of god, anything!!!!

Last edited:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I can't believe people are saying wait for B-diddy to see more movement off the ball.

No disrespect, but that's the stupidest mother ****ing thing I've ever heard. If a coach sees a lack of movement off the ball, he needs to coach his men up.

You coach what you have, not wait for a player to heal up. What happens when Baron is controlling the ball, and Bill and Landry stand like statues on the left flank, Melo to the right, and STAT in the middle, Baron hands off to Melo and runs to the right corner to statue up over there?

Should we then wait for Willis Reed to come hobbling outta the locker room?

Toons

is the Bo$$
You have got to be fuggin kiddin me! :drink:. You must be drunk son..

greatful

the key word in my sentence is IF. The way chandler is playing, collecting fouls faster than timofey mozgov, and rebounding like eddy curry, i would want to see him get more playing time. he is also better than jorts IMO. and this whole thing is stupid. we only played 2 games. all of the veteran posters should agree with me, this thing happens every year. wait for lebron, wait for trade deadline, wait for melo, wait for a pg, wait for chris paul, wait for baron, wait for sumpert to come back, wait for jefferies, its mda's fault, its the players fault....all you idiots do is substitute the names for new players on the squad. cant someone have a non biased opinion and insightful conversation on specific plays? or areas in the game where we lacked energy? where another team went on a run? instead of readin g a box score and watching highlights and babbling a bunch of bs. in conclusion....lol.....its too early you bunch of pansies....quit getting your panties in a bunch and enjoy the best knicks team you have ever seen in the past decade.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
You know, it wouldn't be so bad if this was the fourth year of Mike D not being able to execute.

I know he didn't have the greatest roster in the game. I understand that. I know he had no choice but to trade some decent players like Jamal Crawford and Z-Bo for cap space to get garbage like Al Harrington back (and absolutely nothing good in return for Z-Bo, no less). I'm not saying he's failed us cause we don't have a championship under our belts.

But...can anybody seriously look at D'Antoni's first and second years and tell me they were seriously any better than our time with Isiah as head coach? The way it looked last night it was like the team was completely lost. They didn't even do the things that sixth graders know you're supposed to do, such as make good cuts to the basket, box out, and look for an open man instead of utilizing jump shots every single play.

Gotta do more if we wanna win. Yeah, it's early. But it's also not looking great. Hopefully as they practice more...

iSaYughh

Starter
^^^ going to take me a while read the above post.

All I can say is let's wait 20 games before we get critcal. That's 1/3 of the season and I believe a fair time to see if MOA is the culprit.

Time to gel.

Shortened camp and off-season, new philosophies, and injuries lead to too small of a sample to judge.

And although Landry stepped it up a bit, I've seen enough of TD's defense to know he is overrated defensively, and does not belong running the point. And I'll chalk that up to injuries.

+1

You can add MDA to being a culprit if these issues continues through the season and into the playoffs.

Jesus Christ could swoop down and take over for this team, and we will still be seeing whack shit so long as we have the backcourt that we currently do; and so long as Amare is playing like he is, which is tethered to both backcourt and a resultant inability to find on his own a way to consistently blend in with Melo and Chandler.

Of course, a master coach should be able to create plays that at least show an inclination toward forcing Amare and offense into a spot where the issues are muted, if not resolved.

But of course, I don't see how any coach could perform such a feat -- and have the actual players execute on the court -- given the shortened off season, complexity of the issues, and fact that you simply don't want to rock the boat too much when you are going to get Baron Davis playing for you soon.

Ergo, if MDA assesses that with Baron Davis -- and the comeback of Shumpert -- Amare's game, and our collective offense, can get back on the course of what I think we can all say could be a top tier, if not #1 in the NBA offense.......

Why rock the boat so much now; when in but a few weeks, we will -- yet again -- have to re-adjust for yet another instrumental, game changing player to enter the fold.

People bitched out MIA hardcore for most of last year, and lotta of people clamored for the coach to get canned. Nobody could handle that they looked so incomplete, so annoying foolish so much of the time, despite their superlative talent.

And that was with Wade and Lebron (and Bosh); and with Lebron (and even Wade) having the ability to run an offense in a Magic'esque way. One could say that Melo and Amare are the antithesis of Magic'esque versatility in this regard.

Never discount the power of game changing players coming into the fold -- both in their individual power, and collective complexity.

The greatness of Lebron and Wade, alongside Bosh, still took almost an entire season to mask major holes in their team makeup -- and of course, they still got denied a chip. And those holes were more like pot holes compared to this backcourt which resembles either a crater or the size of Octomom's vagina, depending on just how large the crater in question is.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
It is early, but what does that have to do with the same complaints that we've had about the offense from the past few seasons tho?

Pick any one of the plays where Melo iso'd, late in the game, while trailing, and explain why MDA's "offense" looked like it was our superstar vs the other team.

We had STAT and Melo on the court, why not run some 2-man game on one side of the court and create an easy pass for Melo to feed STAT in the post. Let Fields work off of the ball on the other side to be in a smart position to make a play if needed or get a 'bound. Let Landry be Landry.

Instead Melo is standing there, ball in hand, looking at his man, then teammates, then his man...and everyone is looking at him.

How about we have Landry set a back screen for STAT or Melo, Bibby with the ball looking to make the lob (why can't we get some lob city going?) and if the lob isn't there, who ever just dove down to the rim can seal off and boom, pass to Landry, make the entry pass, and go to work. BASKETBALL.

Instead, and I repeat....Melo is standing there, ball in hand, looking at his man, then teammates, then his man...and everyone is looking at him.

It is early, but that's why coaches have a board and some markers. As someone on here stated, MDA and staff need contingencies, there has to be coaching on the fly. Doesn't matter how early it is. Melo Iso'd a handful of times late in that game, was one failed attempt not enough? 2? 3? how about 4? When do we initiate plan B? Do we have a plan B? Can we draw one up? Wait, what? It's too early? No training camp? Are you 5 years old? How about setting a screen instead of just standing there you NBA PLAYER.

p0nder

Starter
ugh... i am looking forward to the jubilant reception the team gets on the forum after they beat the lakers. Honestly, after every win it's "OMG FINALS HERE WE COME" and every loss is "FIRE D'ANTONI! TRADE STAT! BLOW UP THE TEAM!

honestly guys, can we get a little moderate in here?

ok, D'antoni sucks, not something we didn't know before, right? the guy is a bum. But the players on the court are the ones that need to bring it. Fields picked up right where he left off, sucking asshole. TD is a bad point guard. Shump is injured. B diddy is injured. STAT and MELO need to step the **** up. this is supposed to be their team. they are the leaders, where is the leadership??? STAT has been on vacation since Melo arrived. Melo only shows up on certain nights. I can't believe i considered this guy to be clutch. You gotta be consistent to be clutch Melo! ugh. when david lee is playing better defense then you, you gotta get right.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
One other thing.

I was watching the Encore just now to subject myself to some extra torture and the second quarter started with Clyde Frazier saying two things within the span of thirty seconds.

"The Knicks...without ball movement right now, folks."

and

"That time we saw no Knicks try to go up for the offensive rebound."

Sums up last night entirely.

CoolClyde

I?m blaming D?Ant. They lost this game because of the coach?s philosophy. We literally shot ourselves out of this game. Instead of designing plays for our main scorers, he still has them shooting the ball as soon as possible. There were way too many quick shots and most of them bricked. This throws the team out of rhythm and causes them to lose steam, continuity and intensity. I've always loved and respected Mark Jackson and wished he was giving the chance to coach here because he knows to be a TRUE contender you have to play Defense. Our positioning sucked hard. Even on offense Stat and Mello were bumping into each other and couldn?t find proper spacing and there were way too many quick shots.

When your mind set is focused on Defense other aspects of your game will pick up naturally. The game has to come to you?you can?t force it. When you play good ?D? you are more likely to be hyped up/charged/ in the freaken zone?therefore your offensive game opens up? all the while dispiriting the opposition. We have enough offensive talent to score against anyone so we should slow it down to a half court game because Stat, Mello and Landry can create their own shots. D?Ant knows squat about D and I'm starting to question his over all coaching ability because his ass is being exposed everytime the Knicks take the court. I can?t wait for the day we can this dude. He?s either a retard or just too stubborn to change his flawed B-Ball game into something the team can actually relate too. He?s not a true coach, just someone who was always fortunate to have great players around him?..often failing them, himself and the fans. He didn?t even have the decency to give M.Jackson his props after the game. His post game comments were ?we shot poorly today?. Wow, no shit Sherlock, this dude is unbelievably clueless. I truly hope he recognizes just how bad he really looks and make some changes in his coaching ASAP. It?s a shame we have all this talent and can?t even use them properly.
:agreed::agreed::agreed:
everything Mark Jackson has said since becoming a coach and his team has
shown in their first 3 games solidifies his grasp of the game of basketball:
DEFENSE WINS GAMES/PLAYOFFS/CHAMPIONSHIPS
Steph Curry was out, Monty Ellis had an off game, but the whole team came together
to defend every shot they could, they ran plays, it was a well-coached game!
I have yet to say that about any Knick game in the last 8 years!
F*ck me with James D'oh-lans silver spoon and M'antoni's 'stache!

This team's play is an extension of the coach. Action Jackson even said that outright,
when a hurting StephCurry defended and offended Derek Rose's Bulls, he said Steph Curry
was an extension of me out there tonite!!

Not only does this team SERIOUSLY need a PG in order to implement this coach's philosophy,
this team needs a new coach in order to implement the talent this team has. word.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Like I said in another topic being a fan of the Lakers makes you stay even-keeled and keep things in perspective. During the Lakers last two championship runs they had countless games just like the Knicks did last night getting blown out by the Bobcats, Kings, Bucks, Sixers, etc and still won the ring. Teams even great ones are not gonna show up every night the Knicks players heads clearly weren't in this game they were looking ahead to my Lakers. So Knicks fans relax their still a really good team that needs a lot of work and desperately needs Baron Davis back because once you have a decent PG Amare can really get going and he'll just help shore up the whole offense.

:agreed::agreed::agreed:
everything Mark Jackson has said since becoming a coach and his team has
shown in their first 3 games solidifies his grasp of the game of basketball:
DEFENSE WINS GAMES/PLAYOFFS/CHAMPIONSHIPS
Steph Curry was out, Monty Ellis had an off game, but the whole team came together
to defend every shot they could, they ran plays, it was a well-coached game!
I have yet to say that about any Knick game in the last 8 years!
F*ck me with James D'oh-lans silver spoon and M'antoni's 'stache!

This team's play is an extension of the coach. Action Jackson even said that outright,
when a hurting StephCurry defended and offended Derek Rose's Bulls, he said Steph Curry
was an extension of me out there tonite!!

Not only does this team SERIOUSLY need a PG in order to implement this coach's philosophy,
this team needs a new coach in order to implement the talent this team has. word.
yes, the coach better wake up and stop worrying about scoring, we got that already. He has a grand opportunity in front of him yet he is blind to what really wins game.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Anyone watching the Mavs @ Thunder game? Anyone notice how both bodies and the ball are moving? While execution might be sloppy, there's still movement. Compare this to the 4th Q last night, and explain how two teams, who suffered thru the same lockout, and lack of training camp, can generate such movement on and off the ball...but yet the Knicks seem to be extra special and need to learn how to implement basic basketball fundamentals.

And don't give me that shit about the Thunder being the same unit as last year, cause the Mavs are moving the rock, and they've had about as much overhaul as the Knicks, while keeping a few key pieces.

The Knicks look stupid.

The funny thing is, as clutch as Melo was on Sunday against the old bones from Mass. It was the same thing. Give the ball to Melo, and subtract yourself from the game.

We need to see something different tonight. I know that's unlikely since it's the 2nd game in a back to back. But if we don't switch it up and make the D move and work within the half court...we're done. Now and in the future, because a quickened pace, with back to backs and 4 games in 5 nights is a good way to be running on fumes at season's end. If there was ever a time for competence in the half-court...this is it.

smokes

Huge Member
Good posts but bottom line it was a bad night. We had a good night against the Celtics. Even though our team is not firing on all cylinders we still beat them and looked dominant at points.

When we get someone playing the point well, we will perform a lot better offensively. Until then we just gonna have to rely on good outings from STAT/Melo.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
Good posts but bottom line it was a bad night. We had a good night against the Celtics. Even though our team is not firing on all cylinders we still beat them and looked dominant at points.

When we get someone playing the point well, we will perform a lot better offensively. Until then we just gonna have to rely on good outings from STAT/Melo.

thats true i guess but man DAntonis offense is ****ed up.

i agree with the op and crazy 8 that chandlers offense is just f*cked cos a a predictable o and no run plays. cant bring that BS all year or its fail and the stars get blamed and people say lets trade they asses outta here for dwight howard.

**** that niqqa

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
thats true i guess but man DAntonis offense is ****ed up.

i agree with the op and crazy 8 that chandlers offense is just f*cked cos of a predictable o and no run plays.

It renders him useless, and the entire site is up his anus about it. He's a good player that's being excluded by stupidity/incapability on offense via the coach.

Defensively, Amar'e is making him look like he's less of a player than he's been the last couple years: no rotation, no physicality, literally ZERO awareness.

People used to get on David Lee's case for sacrificing defense for rebound opportunities, STAT sacrifices defense for blocked shots.

It's borderline sad.

pat

Starter
Crazy⑧s;192097 said:
"Hey Melo shoot a face up jumper when you get the ball"

Mhh. My problem is this: over the last three years have you seen Melo doing anything else? That's the reason why Denver is better without him.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Mhh. My problem is this: over the last three years have you seen Melo doing anything else? That's the reason why Denver is better without him.

He does a lot more than that. He shouldn't do it as much as he does: it's become a comfort shot.

He has a brilliant penetration game.

Underused, under-appreciated.

pat

Starter
Crazy⑧s;192495 said:
Underused, under-appreciated.
Underused and therefore appreciated exactly the way it should be, I'd say. I just had a look at the man's Google+ profile and the only thing he is posting about is his company (what they do is beyond me) and him being on the cover of some fashion magazine. Totally and utterly disgusting. He should be (and should have been) working his a#* off. Where is that point forward we were promised? Douglas not being a real point guard would not be such a monstrous problem if Melo could initiate the offence. Taking his ball-handling and passing technique as a point of reference, he could do exactly that. He just has to focus on doing that, but obviously his ADHS does not allow for that.

And ever since he rolled into town, Amare is playing like a child whose favourite toy was taken away (and I mean that timid child not the one going berserk).

Last edited: