Shot Blocking Centers?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Most Knick fans realize we desperately need a shot-blocking center, preferably an athletic one to be able to run in D'Antoni's system. (I'm not sure Donnie or Mike D realize this since all we seem to be going after is guards). Camby would have been perfect, but we missed out on that opportunity.

Who should we go after? Let's be realistic here, no dream scenarios (I don't think we're getting Josh Smith).

I was thinking of Sean Williams. He would be the ideal Center for D'anotni's system. Apparently New Jersey offered Sean Williams and Marcus Williams to Denver for Marcus Camby, but Denver declined. So they're willing to trade him.

What about Darko Milicic? A straight up trade of Curry for Milicic would work. Plus, Milicic has one less year on his contract.

Any ideas?

nyk24

Rookie
Sean Williams isnt a center. At 6'10, I dont know if he has the size to deal with a lot of the bigger guys at the 5. Plus I dont know if the Nets would be willing to trade within the division. I like the idea though.

youpddd

Rookie
1-nets will never trade with us
2-darko does not play good defense
3- we don't need a shotblocker, we need a defender. coach d will probably find a way to get chandler to start, so we'll get shot blocking, but what we really need is a defender, because none of our big men can really defend , except for maybe balkman who's undersized. just because your a shotblocker doesn't mean your a good defender. some guys like andrew bogut and darko are nothing more than decent defenders. In fact, darko is weak compared to many centers

metrocard

Legend
Sean Williams is 6"10, so what?

Ben Wallace was 6"8/6"9 for his career and strickly played center only.

Williams plays bigger than most centers, and has a freakish wingspan.

Doubting his ability to play center only because he's 6"10 is really foolish.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Future Knicks...

PG-Ricky Rubio
SG-Wison Chandler
SF-Danilo Gallineri
PF-David Lee
C-Sean Williams

Nice!

Rubio is a stud, I will wet my pants if the Knicks are able to draft him.

Yeah. I think I had a wet dream thinking about that possible lineup. It's a perfect combination for D'Antoni's style. Running, passing, shooting, rebounding, shot-blocking, defense at the post and the outside. Fun to watch and defensively sound.

Sean Williams is 6"10, so what?

Ben Wallace was 6"8/6"9 for his career and strickly played center only.

Williams plays bigger than most centers, and has a freakish wingspan.

Doubting his ability to play center only because he's 6"10 is really foolish.

Thanks. Sean Williams would be a beast in D'Antoni's system. Plus, didn't Amare Stoudemire play a lot of Center for the Suns? What do you think our chances would be to get Williams? I say slim to none.

portega1968

El Cacique
we're a year away from the draft and ya'll thinking about rubio?

how the hell we're gonna get that no. 1 pick?

turth is, that guy is da bomb man. he's no doubt the successor to Steve Nash. that kid will rock.

David Harrison is a shot blocking center

personally I Dont think we are going to have to worry about any top picks next year. Just my personal opinion that Mike D is a real deal coach, and our players are going to have a real deal year under him.

just an opinion.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Diop would have a been a good solution, but now that he's gone back to Dallas, would should try something for Dalembert, do you guys think that the 76ers would have some interest on Curry or even Zach?

Paul1355

All Star
I made a thread about Zach for Dalembert..will never happen now

Diop would have a been a good solution, but now that he's gone back to Dallas, would should try something for Dalembert, do you guys think that the 76ers would have some interest on Curry or even Zach?

I made a thread about this a while ago trading Zach for Dalembert but it wont happen, there was a time were Maurice Cheeks possibly wanted Zach before Brand came along. so i thought why not trade them straight up due to the fact that Zachs contract and Dalemberts are not that different so it wont affect cap issues and each time fills a need perfectly. Well shyt happens in the NBA and some news isnt corrrect so this is the 76ers now:....76ers have a set team now with
Andre Miller (geat passer)
Andre Iguodola (terrific young scorer)
Thaddeus Young (will only get better and is very Young)
Elton Brand (one of the best PF's in th game offensively and defensively)
Samuel Dalembert(Very good rebounder and one of the best shot blocking centers)

jpz17

Starter
Hey Ewing, welcome to knicks online. Just to let you know, I made your avatar!!! Yeah, I know, its weird how you can't see the knicksonline.com, sorry. I did the best I could, I hope you like it.

Paul1355

All Star
Hey Ewing, welcome to knicks online. Just to let you know, I made your avatar!!! Yeah, I know, its weird how you can't see the knicksonline.com, sorry. I did the best I could, I hope you like it.

how do u make an avatar do u just copy and paste a pic in when u edit your profile?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, there's a field in the profile called Edit Avatar. You can either select one from our existing database, or you can linkoff one from another site. You can also upload one if you have it on your computer ;).