2013 NBA draft (rev 2.0)

metrocard

Legend
Reggie and Mike are decent picks, but acquiring Larkins, Schroeder or even Giannas Adeksklfjiorjgsdkff would be big moves for our future. These guys can turn into special players. Reggie/Bullock are just role players and we got enough of those.

We need a stronger PG, Felton is average.

Rob Low

Rotation player
That Larkin kid is gonna be special. I hope we can find a way to draft him. I'd take him over Schroeder. The perfect draft for me would be somehow getting that 13th pick from Dallas and picking Larkin. Then drafting Muscala or Tony Mitchel with the 24th pick

Wargames

Starter
You know a more realistic trade would be for the Thunder's pick at 29. They are likely going to be going into the tax just to keep Kevin Martin and will want to shed salary. On top of that they are drafting at 12 anyhow so its not like they aren't adding salary to the team regardless. Even if they took a foreign player to stash away like Giannis he would still be a salary cap hold that they will likely want to avoid. On top of that with the 32 pick as well its not like they won't be able to take a flyer on player in the second round.

On the flip I could really see the Knicks maybe trading the Thunder back their future second, the brewer trade exception, and some (All) of our bench expiring for a chance to basically sign another decent player to the roster now. The perk for them is basically they save money in a deal that doesn't require them to take anything back and avoid paying the tax for the 29th pick in a weak draft.

I mean the knicks don't got a pick next year so try to add depth now with 2 rookies to build depth now. The Knicks need youth that can't be stolen before 2015 (IE on a guaranteed contract) unlike Lin, Fields, and now possibly Cope (in relation to his teammates lol). So its worth it to them to trade late into the first round for 29, especially because they know they have good scouting to maximize a late pick.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
This is a very weak draft.

shut-up-hippy.jpg

metrocard

Legend
That Larkin kid is gonna be special. I hope we can find a way to draft him. I'd take him over Schroeder. The perfect draft for me would be somehow getting that 13th pick from Dallas and picking Larkin. Then drafting Muscala or Tony Mitchel with the 24th pick

Schroeder plays better defense.

Tony Mitchell is going to be a bust...that guy is fake hustle.

You know a more realistic trade would be for the Thunder's pick at 29. They are likely going to be going into the tax just to keep Kevin Martin and will want to shed salary. On top of that they are drafting at 12 anyhow so its not like they aren't adding salary to the team regardless. Even if they took a foreign player to stash away like Giannis he would still be a salary cap hold that they will likely want to avoid. On top of that with the 32 pick as well its not like they won't be able to take a flyer on player in the second round.

On the flip I could really see the Knicks maybe trading the Thunder back their future second, the brewer trade exception, and some (All) of our bench expiring for a chance to basically sign another decent player to the roster now. The perk for them is basically they save money in a deal that doesn't require them to take anything back and avoid paying the tax for the 29th pick in a weak draft.

I mean the knicks don't got a pick next year so try to add depth now with 2 rookies to build depth now. The Knicks need youth that can't be stolen before 2015 (IE on a guaranteed contract) unlike Lin, Fields, and now possibly Cope (in relation to his teammates lol). So its worth it to them to trade late into the first round for 29, especially because they know they have good scouting to maximize a late pick.

Lucas Nogueira would be a steal at 29.
Knicks need to spend money and buy draft picks.

Theres a lot of guys ready to contribute in the late first and early second round.

If Knicks settle at 24, we won't ever improve as a team.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Tony Mitchell is going to be a bust...that guy is fake hustle.

I have a feeling this could be true too but there's also a chance he realizes his full potential and becomes one of the better players in the draft. He has all the tools to do so and if we can get that 13th pick and Muscala is off the board I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him at 24.

metrocard

Legend
I have a feeling this could be true too but there's also a chance he realizes his full potential and becomes one of the better players in the draft. He has all the tools to do so and if we can get that 13th pick and Muscala is off the board I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him at 24.

Muscala is getting a lot of raves by respected scouts. He may be a David Lee type steal.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
We need front court help. We'll probably take that Dieng kid from Louisville.

I wouldn't be mad at that pick.

Wargames

Starter
The Knicks are interested in point guard Shane Larkin with their 24th pick in the June 27 draft, but they likely won't get to meet the University of Miami point guard beforehand. That's because Larkin is slated to get selected higher than No. 24. "We are not working out for [the Knicks] at this time," his agent, Happy Walters, said. "He will not work out for anyone past No. 19 as of now."

Man I hope this is just a red herring as they aim for a Big later (or at least a legit forward).... PG is not what is killing the knicks and even more importantly Woodson isn't going to play one for any significant minutes if Ray and Prig is still on the roster...

Then again with the whole melo saying "he needs help" :barf: Who knows what the knicks do. Knowing them it will be to dig themselves deeper into the hole with some large trade....

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Agreed if we can add Shane or sheroder, and somehow add Thomas Robinson from the rockets ( I hear he's on the block ) that would be terrific then add a mid level player and well be set going to next year. Robinson would inject youth to our squad along with shumpert and given minutes he could thrive. I see him becoming similar to what Kmart was in his hay day. And that's a hella good player.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I wonder what the problem with Thomas Robinson is. When he got drafted I thought he had a lot of upside but both teams he's been on have looked to get rid of him. I wonder if it's an attitude problem.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I wonder what the problem with Thomas Robinson is. When he got drafted I thought he had a lot of upside but both teams he's been on have looked to get rid of him. I wonder if it's an attitude problem.

More than likely is but with a veteran roster I feel we can change that and get his head back on basketball and working hard. If he does that this dude can be a major contributor for us. Its worth a look and definitely a must make move in my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Rob Low

Rotation player
More than likely is but with a veteran roster I feel we can change that and get his head back on basketball and working hard. If he does that this dude can be a major contributor for us. Its worth a look and definitely a must make move in my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I agree. If they were wiling to take any combination of Novak,White,Camby and our pick i'd do it in a heartbeat.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Agreed if we can add Shane or sheroder, and somehow add Thomas Robinson from the rockets ( I hear he's on the block ) that would be terrific then add a mid level player and well be set going to next year. Robinson would inject youth to our squad along with shumpert and given minutes he could thrive. I see him becoming similar to what Kmart was in his hay day. And that's a hella good player.

Apparently the Rockets are attempting to make salary cap room for Dwight by putting Robinson on the market. His contract means that he will cost something in the $3.5M area. The Rockets do not want to take back a contract. We cannot absorb a $3.5M contract even if we had future draft picks to trade. Being over the cap for the next two years and without a first round pick next year hurts us in so many ways.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@metro: what's the story behind your hate towards Felton? We all know he'll never be a star PG, but statistically he ranks 6th among the top PGs in the East:
Untitled_2.png

And we have to take into account that: a) because of our small lineup Ray had to share the ball with Kidd/Prigs; b) we ran our offense partially through our two guards in Shump/Smith and c) our offense isn't PG oriented (give it to Melo). IMO considering all of the above being the 6th best PG in the East is pretty decent.