Dolan guarantees a win in Atlanta.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dolan guarantees a win in Atlanta.

#Knicks owner James Dolan, performing at a JD & the Straight Shots Show, says, "We're going to win the next game. That's a guarantee."

"Thanks to the Rangers, who brought me a win," Dolan said. "Unfortunately, the basketball [team] couldn't do it today. We're going to win the next game, that's a guarantee."

Knicks @ Atlanta (woodson old team)
Nationally televised game (ESPN)
Ultimatum delivered to Woodson. "Win. Or else."

Dolan doesn't know whether or not we will win the game. He just knows he delivered his ultimatum and if we lose he will feel justified in doing well... whatever it is he wants to do.

This is not a good sign .. What do Dolan know about the 4-3 Atlanta Hawks?
PG-Jeff Teague is lighting it up in his 5th season in the NBA .. 17 pt, 10 ast, 3 rb, 1 st, and 3 turnovers in 34 mpg.
Teague got the Hawks passing-game up to 30 assist a game, and Al Horford & Milsap are rebounding hard on both cylinders for 40 boards a game. And the Hawks bench is adding 20 points per game.
On Wednesday Nov. 13 in Atlanta it will be the challenge of the new HC vs old HC .... poor poor Woodson
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

paris401

Starter
didn't realize milsap joined the hawks... saw him play a few times over the last few yrs with Utah, n liked his game... with horford, not a bad front...lets see if bag's..i mean 'mr softee' comes to play...

Attachments

• th[1].jpg
    th[1].jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 4

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Of course Dolan doesnt know if we win the game or not. You cant guarantee anything in sports. It is definitely a warning to Woodson. If you lose this game, cleaan up your lucker room.
This is a players liague and coaches are at their mercy. I dont know, i thought knick players loved Woodson. But they dont play hard for him this year, so it will be very interesting to see how will that game unfold on wednesday.
Can we beat Hawks without Tyson in atlanta even if we play hard? I am not so sure about that. We will see. It will be on ESPN, everybody will be watching, Hawks players would love to stick it to their former coach. Mr. Woodson is in a big trouble.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Today, with some more insight info on the Knicks/Woodson I don't think Woody is that much on a hot seat, not yet.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Today, with some more insight info on the Knicks/Woodson I don't think Woody is that much on a hot seat, not yet.

So, how do you explain Dolans guarantee to win in Atlanta?
Oh yeah, Melo should worry about himself, not his coach at this point.

Kiyaman

Legend

Do u recall what happen when Dolan went on road trips with the Knicks in 1999 ....
A Knicks team that was far from making the playoffs made the playoffs as a 8th seeded team, and took it to the FINALS.

After Glen Grunwald added another $10M per player to the salary cap (with the BIG-3 salary),
then ISO-Melo pulls some dum move bout opting-out at end of season, after Dolan spends billions for renovation to MSG ....
Melo dont want to go down with the ship he put holes in the bottom of ....
Dolan is ready to "TANK" the season with a big Garage-sell.

tiger0330

Legend
Woody may be on the hot seat as is any coach these days in the NBA but I doubt he gets fired until at least next year. I don't see Dolan firing Woody after just re-signing him a couple of months ago. Don Nelson got fired during his first year but that was well past mid-season because he clashed with the players. Woody doesn't seem to have that problem, players support and play hard for him.

Dolan is a retard for calling for a meaningless must win against ATL.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Woody may be on the hot seat as is any coach these days in the NBA but I doubt he gets fired until at least next year. I don't see Dolan firing Woody after just re-signing him a couple of months ago. Don Nelson got fired during his first year but that was well past mid-season because he clashed with the players. Woody doesn't seem to have that problem, players support and play hard for him.

Maybe players support him but they definitely dont play hard for him this year. Not so far.
Thats why that game vs Hawks make it so interesting. I am sure players are aware of Dolans guarantee.
If they come out slow and lazy again, Woodson is a dead coach walking.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@Kiya: Dolan may not be a great basketball mind, but he's a businesman. He already invested (often without any revenue) hundreds of millions of dollars over the past decade in this joke of a team. Do you really think he'd be keen on to blow it all up and lose another dozens of millions? Let's start with getting rid of Woodson (whose option the Knicks just exercised BTW), such move would cost Dolan around $6M (maybe even more). And then he'd have to hire another coach whom he'd have to pay a couple of millions a year. What's next? We let Anthony go or trade him wherever for some value and picks. Then we'd have to trade Chandler (again for some value and picks). And so we got down to Amare Stoudemire, who the Knicks owe $44M through 2014/15. He's untradable, so basically Dolan would have to buy him out (we are talking about $44M!) and still his remaining salary would remain on the books (so, no additional cap space). And then we have Bargnani, who still got around $23M left on his contract. He's as untradable as Amare, so what? Is Dolan going to buy him out too? We could trade Felton and Smith and keep our low salary players. Which means that after this season we'd stay with $41M in salary stuck in three players (+ what we'd get in exchange for Melo/Chandler/Felton/Smith which would also involve a lot of cap space). It just doesn't make sense to tank. We don't have the tools to rebuild. Period.

bigapple

Starter
Do u recall what happen when Dolan went on road trips with the Knicks in 1999 ....
A Knicks team that was far from making the playoffs made the playoffs as a 8th seeded team, and took it to the FINALS.

After Glen Grunwald added another $10M per player to the salary cap (with the BIG-3 salary),
then ISO-Melo pulls some dum move bout opting-out at end of season, after Dolan spends billions for renovation to MSG ....
Melo dont want to go down with the ship he put holes in the bottom of ....
Dolan is ready to "TANK" the season with a big Garage-sell.

it was short season but Knicks done something in playoff which no other team does

they got H20 LJ Houston all of them playing D it was also Ewing till last ECF game
same Knicks are holders of one huge series they didnt allowed any team for 30 games to score 100 pts.It means soemthing

But in finals they lost Ewing its like Heat to loose James Ewing was key for everything rebs pts steals.....
even Charlie Ward was better than felton that times

bigapple

Starter

Pacers r 8-0
their schedule is Bucks Bulls and Knicks
Knicks game will b on ESPN @ MSG
this will b next test where this team is right now
they can be 10-0 goin to MSG

Kiyaman

Legend
@Kiya: Dolan may not be a great basketball mind, but he's a businesman. He already invested (often without any revenue) hundreds of millions of dollars over the past decade in this joke of a team. Do you really think he'd be keen on to blow it all up and lose another dozens of millions? Let's start with getting rid of Woodson (whose option the Knicks just exercised BTW), such move would cost Dolan around $6M (maybe even more). And then he'd have to hire another coach whom he'd have to pay a couple of millions a year. What's next? We let Anthony go or trade him wherever for some value and picks. Then we'd have to trade Chandler (again for some value and picks). And so we got down to Amare Stoudemire, who the Knicks owe $44M through 2014/15. He's untradable, so basically Dolan would have to buy him out (we are talking about $44M!) and still his remaining salary would remain on the books (so, no additional cap space). And then we have Bargnani, who still got around $23M left on his contract. He's as untradable as Amare, so what? Is Dolan going to buy him out too? We could trade Felton and Smith and keep our low salary players. Which means that after this season we'd stay with $41M in salary stuck in three players (+ what we'd get in exchange for Melo/Chandler/Felton/Smith which would also involve a lot of cap space). It just doesn't make sense to tank. We don't have the tools to rebuild. Period.

u are absolutely right, it doesnt make since for Dolan to TANK a season with a expensive roster of players already TANKING the season "Tyson/Amare/Barg/K-Mart/ISO-Melo/Meta/JR/Shump/Prig/Felton" .. We are 1-3 at home, with a 2-4 record (playing one on one b.ball).
That's the start of a TANKING season for a mediocre Lottery team .. Our expensive-players has not showed any reason to be optimistic bout this Knicks team.

u said it ur self, "Dolan may not be a great basketball mind, but he's a businesman.".
And a businesman know bout odds, and first impressions.

The 2013-14 Knicks first impression in just 6 games are not something a bright businesman would invest in, or gamble on. Especially, when the teams star highest scorer is opting-out at the end of the season.
Which makes Dolan an unhappy camper. Dolan's recent action and comments are weighing this Knicks team.
Firing Woodson is no problem when u have a 11 year top-assistant coach in Herb Williams waiting for his oportunity to be HC.
Trading 3 to 4 of any of the expensive players on our roster are not a hard task for businesman Jim Dolan.

pat

Starter
Doom. Typical Woodson. Since he is afraid of losing his job he is trying to play it safe (more iso), too stubborn to realize that this is what actually got him between a rock and a hard place.