Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Denver Nuggets 9:00 1/25/2018 [Game #49]

Somehow we?re only down 7 going into the 4th quarter. Could still win this game, but that would require Hornacek making the rotations work in the 4th. Not exactly his specialty.

mafra

Legend
Burke with 12&9 after 3. He started 100 games for Utah. Just start the kid and see if he?s worth keeping around. Please.... please... no more Jack. Trade Lee too... no sense Jack or Lee should continue to get minutes. These 2 could care less if team wins or not. They?re simply professionals cashing paychecks. 17 years watching players like this should be enough.

mafra

Legend
Knits now 1-6 from the floor... Horn pulls him immediately after he bricks a 3... with him on the floor DEN balloons lead to almost 20.

mafra

Legend
Listening to away broadcasts gives you a glimpse of what other teams think of our team. One constant theme from our opponent?s announcers: Frank has zero offensive game and won?t for years to come.

Knicks went from having a top 10 pick and an exciting young player in wHG and six months later.... well, geez, neither is even close to being a contributing role player, let alone a budding prospect.

This, and this alone, is why Perry has to fire horn and Rambis

Burke with 12&9 after 3. He started 100 games for Utah. Just start the kid and see if he?s worth keeping around. Please.... please... no more Jack. Trade Lee too... no sense Jack or Lee should continue to get minutes. These 2 could care less if team wins or not. They?re simply professionals cashing paychecks. 17 years watching players like this should be enough.

Not sure what else Burke can do to show that he should get the chance to start.

mafra

Legend
KP fouls out having missed 9 of his 16 shots, didn?t record a single assist or grab 1 lousy offensive rebound in 27 minutes.

7-10 for Burke with 11 assists.

Another 4 quarter wasted with Jack and Lee standing around watching the other team score.

mafra

Legend
Knicks now 4-14 their last 18 games. I imagine the a team will be playing ten games under .500 ball for Feb-March as well.

From 17-14 to 21-28 in a blink of an eye....

mafra

Legend
Horny says, ?They scored 34 points to start the game and we had only 1 foul. This shows you the lack of aggressiveness... we guard people but not with any force. We don?t get into bodies... maybe bc they?re afraid players will go around them.?

Let?s go PHO tomorrow!

Broadway

All Star
Knits now 1-6 from the floor... Horn pulls him immediately after he bricks a 3... with him on the floor DEN balloons lead to almost 20.

I would love to trade for Hezonja and Mudiay and I think we could get both. Couldn't watch the game tonight had to work appears this game went about how I thought except a higher final score than expected

I would love to trade for Hezonja and Mudiay and I think we could get both. Couldn't watch the game tonight had to work appears this game went about how I thought except a higher final score than expected

Probably could just sign Hezonja in the offseason. He has started to play okay off the bench for Orlando, but I doubt he?ll have much of a market.

Denver tried to trade Mudiay, possibly to us, maybe this last off-season, and apparently PJ laughed at them. I?m guessing they want a 1st round pick for him. I don?t like Mudiay, but I?d rather have anyone other than Jack and Lee getting minutes at guard.

This team has no interest in getting younger and tanking properly I?ll bet. Watch us not move Lee and Lance Thomas and still be giving them and Jack heavy minutes after the trade deadline.

Broadway

All Star
Probably could just sign Hezonja in the offseason. He has started to play okay off the bench for Orlando, but I doubt he’ll have much of a market.

Denver tried to trade Mudiay, possibly to us, maybe this last off-season, and apparently PJ laughed at them. I’m guessing they want a 1st round pick for him. I don’t like Mudiay, but I’d rather have anyone other than Jack and Lee getting minutes at guard.

This team has no interest in getting younger and tanking properly I’ll bet. Watch us not move Lee and Lance Thomas and still be giving them and Jack heavy minutes after the trade deadline.

Our cap situation is going to be very tricky this offseason. You may be right his market might not be much but just enough we can't move on him. I don't think it'll take much to get him. Malone would love a Jack type point guard they had Jameer and Augustin for the past few yrs. I think we can trade Jack/McDermott/2018 2nd for Mudiay and swing KO/Baker/future 2nd for Hezonja...send KO back home

Hezonja is in the trade rumors now...I really would love him in a Knick uni...the kid cares. We could then focus our attention on drafting Doncic(I like other prospects too but I think this would fit out Euro centric team) except by adding these two we actually get guys with some spunk/moxy/attitude

Here's what's on Hoopshype currently

Hezonja has been down this road before — he cropped up in trade rumors last season too — so he knows that this won’t likely be the last time either. Undeterred by all the noise, Hezonja is finally breaking out and producing some of his finest moments on an NBA court yet — and he’s ready to keep on rising as well. “Rumors, they always show up late, but it’s all from before because we changed a lot of people, we changed the front office, so everything pops out — everybody talks about different stuff,” Hezonja told Basketball Insiders. “I wasn’t paying attention at all to it — I mean, I’m not on Twitter, I barely use Instagram, so I’m not swiping, I’m not a typical athlete nowadays. “I’m really focused on basketball, that’s why I’m here in America, so I really don’t care about anything else.

Come on Perry this is your old front office do something

Last edited:
sure we do... horny started Opie at point guard tonite... that screams out.. WE'RE TANKING...

He did have that sweet line of 0 points, 1 assist, 2 rebounds in 12 minutes with no shot attempts. That?s what you?re looking for from your starting 2 guard, right?

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow .. its getting hard out here for Knick fans .. we gave up 39 pts in the first quarter n gave up 130 pts for the game .. WHERES THE DEFENSE coach Hornacek/Rambis ???