Knicks @ Hawks: Fri, March 30th @ 7:30pm. Bird Hunting To Ascend

+ Rep Poll: How many dimes will Melo have tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red

TYPE-A
Alright, I read up. We lost because

1. An injured BD, slow and ineffective
2. Laundry Folded. (Please start Shump)
3. Early turnovers. Thats a no no, and an indictment on BD
4. Poor Bench scoring (Where's my Novakane?!?)
5. Poor shooting decisions by JR
6. Missed FT's.

Thats not bad. Laundry Folds gets replaced by Shump. Lin returns, or gets an MRI. Melo stays on fire. JJ returns.

I still have faith. Easy.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Now let's see the adjustments.

BD needs to know his role: pass first and handle his TOs like a veteran.

Melo: after a miss shot or TO, needs to learn how to remain composed instead of fouling or doing other stupid things.

JR: stop forcing 1-on-1 when the play isnt there.

Tyson: shoot 300 FT during off days.

Shump: keep up the good work!

Woodson: our Mob Deep isnt Mob Deep anymore without Lin, Stat and Jeffreis. Pathetically Sob Deep tonight. Needs to come up with a better rotation. Rotate shallow into the bench early and have at least 3 starters on the court the whole game.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Lol at the guys saying Melo taking too many shots costs us the game they must work for the daily news or somethin because he was the main reason we had a shot at winning

Savv

Rookie
This game shows that if Jeffries, Lin, and STAT are not coming back soon, we just don't have enough rotation worthy bodies to play this condensed schedule and get a consistently good effort. Not sure what we can do roster wise at this point though. I can't imagine there are too many D League gems a la Earl Barron a couple years ago left.

Earl Barron has been playing in the professional league in the Philippines the past 2 months. He still has a decent game and can even hit 3 point shots!:thumbsup:

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
It seems painfully obvious now that we do need the Lin-Davis tandem. Without Lin, Davis was forced to play too many minutes and was a lot less effective. We are also seeing a dysfunctional second unit with Bibby running the show.

Just curious, what compromising photos does Bibby have on Woody to get so many playing minutes off the bench?

Basketball requires team work, it's all about balance. Chandler (highest FG% in the NBA) and Novak (2nd highest 3P%) with 6 attempts combined and Carmelo with 24 attempts (regardless of his FG%) clearly shows our offense was unbalanced. I checked some stats and our record with Carmelo attempting >20 shots/game is 2-11 this season. Design some plays to make use of Chandler's =presence in the paint and Novak's ability to shoot threes. We won't win anything if we allow one guy (whoever it may be) to attempt more than 1/3 of all our shots.

I completely agree with this and your previous comment. :beer:

elcol

Rotation player
Dont understand why MDA couldn't and now woodson can't run ray allen type plays for Novak where he is coming off screens for a jumper, much better than hoping that he will magically get open, which happened twice today...

CoolClyde

ugh, this whole game was like a dagger to the heart, first watching JSmoove move and groove, Joey Johnson not missing, and then after Knicks defense stepped up, Willie Green being a Knick-killer! tough to win when the other team can't miss!

have to give the Knicks props for coming back, the 3Q defense was fantastic.
Melo seemed to be back on target, but couldn't keep it up for 4 quarters.
Shump played great on offense and defense, i believe coming back to his
hometown of Georgia Tech played a role.

Baron von Hernia was hurting this game... 4 TO's, 4 dimes, 4 points? not good.

Junior Swish could not get it going on, and Novakaine was not doing enough to get open...
1 for 2 in 20 minutes? c'mon Steve! the discount double check was missing big time, he needs to run
without the ball, slip through screens, and get himself open on the perimeter. Hairlipson still looking
weak, not even attempting 3's anymore. Bibby=Invisi-Bib. mob crap.

lastly 18 TO's vs 13 assists is NOT going to cut it in the NBA. man up dudes!

Hawks had one of those nights where someone was always on.
f*ck it. next game.

kinein

Benchwarmer
This is vintage MDA Knicks right here. Losing a tough game because some bench fodder is having a career night against us. Friggin Willie Green no less

Good thing Woodson is coaching and its the New York Knicks.

Without:

- Lin
- Jeffries
- Amare

* Baron is hurt, and he needs a full off-season to rehabilitate his body.
* Melo is hurt

paris401

Starter
It's not going to be as easy as tonight's blowout against Orlando but Knicks should still win this game easily.
This team has been playing amazing basketball since Woody took over. They've been playing up to their potential.
Go Knicks.

yep...an easy win...

shemmue0311

Benchwarmer
100%:agreed:

2players against 5players don't win ball game. I rather have Melo score less and we win games than Melo score more and we lose games.

Basketball requires team work, it's all about balance. Chandler (highest FG% in the NBA) and Novak (2nd highest 3P%) with 6 attempts combined and Carmelo with 24 attempts (regardless of his FG%) clearly shows our offense was unbalanced. I checked some stats and our record with Carmelo attempting >20 shots/game is 2-11 this season. Design some plays to make use of Chandler's =presence in the paint and Novak's ability to shoot threes. We won't win anything if we allow one guy (whoever it may be) to attempt more than 1/3 of all our shots.

@redarmy: the problem is on Wednesday 17% of all our shots were Carmelo's, tonight it's 34%. Carmelo shooting more means less touches for his teammates which turns into us losing. I prefer Carmelo scoring less but hitting higher percentage shots over Carmelo playing hero and willing to win it all which usually results in an L.

Anybody blaming melo for this loss is either a serious melo hater or did not watch the game .There is a difference if everybody was hitting their shots and in a groove and melo was just refusing to pass the ball and chucking up shots that caused us the game, anybody watching this game knows that if it was not for melo and shump we would of gotten our asses blown out by 20+ points. The REASON we lost is because the rest of the team did not do sh*t with their opportunities they either missed their shots, did not take their shots, missed free-throws, turned the ball over, and played no defense. The only reason I say again the only reason in this game we even had a shot was because of melo and shump they are the only TWO who played defense and were scoring.Everybody needs to realize that melo is a superstar who can score he wants to win and has not been selfish if you watch any knick game you will see that. But there are games where he will have to take over like last night.Again anybody that actually saw that game should be thanking melo and shump for at least keeping it respectable not blaming them for the rest of the team playing like ass......
member15202.png

redarmy81

Rookie
Anybody blaming melo for this loss is either a serious melo hater or did not watch the game .There is a difference if everybody was hitting their shots and in a groove and melo was just refusing to pass the ball and chucking up shots that caused us the game, anybody watching this game knows that if it was not for melo and shump we would of gotten our asses blown out by 20+ points. The REASON we lost is because the rest of the team did not do sh*t with their opportunities they either missed their shots, did not take their shots, missed free-throws, turned the ball over, and played no defense. The only reason I say again the only reason in this game we even had a shot was because of melo and shump they are the only TWO who played defense and were scoring.Everybody needs to realize that melo is a superstar who can score he wants to win and has not been selfish if you watch any knick game you will see that. But there are games where he will have to take over like last night.Again anybody that actually saw that game should be thanking melo and shump for at least keeping it respectable not blaming them for the rest of the team playing like ass......
member15202.png

exactly my point! people here are saying melo should have taken less shots cause we seem to lose when he takes many shots.. the man had more points then the rest of the team combined! (except for shump who was great too!) last night we had 2 players on the court. if melo had passed away some of his shots last night that game would have been over before the half.. the rest of the guys were missing free throws, layups. jr smith was 0-8 and missed all his free throws before he finally made a shot in the 4th, but he was still going 1on1 and shooting everytime he got the ball. HE should have been passing. BD should have passed more to his teammates instead of turning it over or having his shots blocked by jeff teague, a 6'2" guy.. fields, ah what to say about him, i still don't understand why he is a starter.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
LOL at people who don't have a clue what it takes to win a basketball game. We played unwatchable isoball that kept most of our team out of the game. How dare you to talk about "missed opportunities" if Chandler, Novak and Fields took 10 shots combined? I agree Baron and Smith were chucking, but where was Woody then? What kind of basketball it is to give the green light to a couple of chuckers and exclude high percentage shooters? I'm not blaming Carmelo per se, I realize he did what he was asked to. I'm blaming the coach of not using our strengths.

knickscity

Benchwarmer
LOL at people who don't have a clue what it takes to win a basketball game. We played unwatchable isoball that kept most of our team out of the game. How dare you to talk about "missed opportunities" if Chandler, Novak and Fields took 10 shots combined? I agree Baron and Smith were chucking, but where was Woody then? What kind of basketball it is to give the green light to a couple of chuckers and exclude high percentage shooters? I'm not blaming Carmelo per se, I realize he did what he was asked to. I'm blaming the coach of not using our strengths.

So I'm guessing by your post the team didn't try to get other involved.

Fields doesn't take alot of shots, so I have no idea why you mentioned him.

Novak doesn't do what other three point bombers do, standing around in one spot waiting for the ball, usually won't get many attempts.

When he moved he got two shots.

Bottom line, Melo and Shumpert showed up to play, the rest didn't.

novaman

Benchwarmer
lack of good movement without the ball, poor passing allowed this game to deteriorate into a game of one on whatever basketball. And it wasn't all Melo's fault.

Kiyaman

Legend

I know somewhere in your post I agree with u but....REAL TALK

It was Chandler's worst game in 2 years, Chandler made 3 to 4 consistent mistakes each quarter playing like he was still a Bobcat....there is no excuse for Tyson Chandler poor lazy performance when Horford was DNP.

Woody knew we only needed "Lin-Sanity" speed to beat "his" ole Hawks starters by 10 or more points....or at least have Toney Douglas perform at an uptempo-transition for 20 minutes of running the ball with Shump/Fields/Novak/Jorts (a lineup we shouldve been developing).

Ole-Baron Davis did well playing starter minutes the previous 2 games....3 games was really pushing it big-time with Davis old uncondition body.
Davis dont have that kind of gas in his tank any more....Davis is a decent 21 minute halfcourt offensive PG, u use for 7 minute runs as a starter or backup (only 21 minutes per game).

Will be continue in the Knicks vs Cavs Game Thread

shemmue0311

Benchwarmer
exactly my point! people here are saying melo should have taken less shots cause we seem to lose when he takes many shots.. the man had more points then the rest of the team combined! (except for shump who was great too!) last night we had 2 players on the court. if melo had passed away some of his shots last night that game would have been over before the half.. the rest of the guys were missing free throws, layups. jr smith was 0-8 and missed all his free throws before he finally made a shot in the 4th, but he was still going 1on1 and shooting everytime he got the ball. HE should have been passing. BD should have passed more to his teammates instead of turning it over or having his shots blocked by jeff teague, a 6'2" guy.. fields, ah what to say about him, i still don't understand why he is a starter.

So I'm guessing by your post the team didn't try to get other involved.

Fields doesn't take alot of shots, so I have no idea why you mentioned him.

Novak doesn't do what other three point bombers do, standing around in one spot waiting for the ball, usually won't get many attempts.

When he moved he got two shots.

Bottom line, Melo and Shumpert showed up to play, the rest didn't.

I know somewhere in your post I agree with u but....REAL TALK

It was Chandler's worst game in 2 years, Chandler made 3 to 4 consistent mistakes each quarter playing like he was still a Bobcat....there is no excuse for Tyson Chandler poor lazy performance when Horford was DNP.

Woody knew we only needed "Lin-Sanity" speed to beat "his" ole Hawks starters by 10 or more points....or at least have Toney Douglas perform at an uptempo-transition for 20 minutes of running the ball with Shump/Fields/Novak/Jorts (a lineup we shouldve been developing).

Ole-Baron Davis did well playing starter minutes the previous 2 games....3 games was really pushing it big-time with Davis old uncondition body.
Davis dont have that kind of gas in his tank any more....Davis is a decent 21 minute halfcourt offensive PG, u use for 7 minute runs as a starter or backup (only 21 minutes per game).

Will be continue in the Knicks vs Cavs Game Thread

:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:
If lin is going to be out significant time, BD needs to have his minutes reduced BIG time in the famous words of Rick Pettino "the 07 Baron Davis is not walking thru that door "....
member15202.png