Dantoni needs to put Melo in better positions to score

The Garden '95

Benchwarmer
Why isnt mike using all of Melo's talents offensively? it seems he either does the faceup iso on the elbow or runs a pick n roll with amare or comes off of a single or double screen, are you kidding me "Genius" Dantoni? Melo needs to be coming off screen and pops,low post post ups, give and go's, and scattered iso's(when everyone clears out the way) it seems that melo does iso all game long and you cant do that every single play.

Melo is the best none big post up player in the league and he hasnt done that yet!He is also a top 3 midrange shooter and Dantoni doesnt get him on screens like ray allen where he comes out of the screen for a jumper.Melo is the best offensive player in the league, he can do everything so why is he just facing up taking jumpers or driving in traffic when he could do so much more?

Not having Billups is stagnating the offense. Douglas cannot run the pnr and they don't respect Carter's shot enough to get room. Once Billups get acclimated, teams are in trouble.

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
I've noticed something about Melo he takes the ball holds it for most of the clock and then hands it off to STAT with like 6 or 7 on the clock

Come on man... Lets not blame D'Antoni for everything. Before tonight, Melo was averaging 26.6 points per game as a Knick. It's not MDA's fault that Melo had an off night & couldn't find the basket tonight & I agree with 4lyfe... Billups will pretty much improve our entire team.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Give it some time.

Our offense right now is a work in progress.

Mike D will find the best way to incorporate Melo. You shouldn't worry about that dude. Offensively coach does what he does..

KnicksFan17

Benchwarmer
He was doing the same thing in Denver and he recently had a 50 point game with them. He has just been off since coming to the Knicks. Even his better games were sub-par for his standards, but I'm not worried. Everyone has shooting slumps. D'Antoni should probably getting Melo the ball in better spots and I would like to see Melo in the post, but he's not the guy to blame. Melo has just been off as a Knick so far. Watch this and look at how he scores. It's almost all isolations.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxo-0ewhCWA
Another thing that I noticed about him is that he doesn't always follow through on his shot. I don't know if he's doing that intentionally to get a quicker release or if his elbow is bothering him.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
He was doing the same thing in Denver and he recently had a 50 point game with them. He has just been off since coming to the Knicks. Even his better games were sub-par for his standards, but I'm not worried. Everyone has shooting slumps. D'Antoni should probably getting Melo the ball in better spots and I would like to see Melo in the post, but he's not the guy to blame. Melo has just been off as a Knick so far. Watch this and look at how he scores. It's almost all isolations.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxo-0ewhCWA
Another thing that I noticed about him is that he doesn't always follow through on his shot. I don't know if he's doing that intentionally to get a quicker release or if his elbow is bothering him.

Dantoni has been doing a good job getting melo the ball in spots he likes, 1 on 1 against anybody is advntage MELO. He has been fustrated his shot isnt falling as of late, so he goes to the bsket but he hasnt been getting to the line like he should. Free throws help scorers by seein the ball go through the basket, but when your shot is already off and no feethrows, it gets frustrating. I agree with knicksfan his elbow could be bothering him because he does pull back on that release smetimes. Melo is a superstar, but doesnt get the calls lebron wade n kobe get. Ref suck!!!

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
It must be his elbow. Even his free-throw shooting was off last night. I think as soon as we see the elbow pad come off, beast mode will be engaged!

moneyg

Starter
Dantoni has been doing a good job getting melo the ball in spots he likes, 1 on 1 against anybody is advntage MELO. He has been fustrated his shot isnt falling as of late, so he goes to the bsket but he hasnt been getting to the line like he should. Free throws help scorers by seein the ball go through the basket, but when your shot is already off and no feethrows, it gets frustrating. I agree with knicksfan his elbow could be bothering him because he does pull back on that release smetimes. Melo is a superstar, but doesnt get the calls lebron wade n kobe get. Ref suck!!!

not a fan of melo on ISO behind the three pt line and then lauching.. didnt see much of that in denver....he mostly started around the elbow... not sure whoes to blame right now.. but thats $hit got to stop asap...

ill wait till billups gets back....til i blame the coach...but he got to be calling plays..screens...to get melo to start closer to the rim...defenders are backing off and forcing him to shoot more threes....

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
its obvious dude isnt where he needs to be right now he's off at the moment still getting accustomed and knowing where and when to do his thing; he mainly has that down but his jumpshot is rivers away from what we know it to be( midrange that is ). once he gets going we'll be just fine( if we arent already ) Billups has been off too shooting only 36% when those 2 figure it out they'll be something else.

Come on man... Lets not blame D'Antoni for everything. Before tonight, Melo was averaging 26.6 points per game as a Knick. It's not MDA's fault that Melo had an off night & couldn't find the basket tonight & I agree with 4lyfe... Billups will pretty much improve our entire team.

It's up to the coach to prepare his players and put them in the best possible positions to succeed. You're too much of a sunshiner to badmouth any aspect of the team.

skisloper

Starter
It's up to the coach to prepare his players and put them in the best possible positions to succeed. You're too much of a sunshiner to badmouth any aspect of the team.

Dude its 6 games.....3 without our point guard.
I really think if the Knicks win a Championship there will be some negative posts on this board...

People on this board always say the media hates the knicks...seems the knick haters are on this board.....

stay positive....LOOK WHERE WE WERE THIS TIME LAST YEAR

AND LOOK AT THE BEAUTY THAT WE DO NOT HAVE lebron " LeBaby " James