Do you think the Knicks will make the playoffs this season?

Will the Knicks make the playoffs this season?

• **** Yeah

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Hell No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tiger0330

Legend
Is Steve Kerr more Jeff Hornacek....Mar Jackson....Frank Vogel or is he more Ty Corbin...Keith Smart....Jacque Vaughn
Who knows he never coached a lick anywhere which is my problem with him. He's a bright guy and he'll interview very well so he might get the job based on his interview but please we already have PJ with no experience and they may bring in a newbie coach? Why is my gut telling me that's a typical Knick disaster.

Broadway

All Star
Who knows he never coached a lick anywhere which is my problem with him. He's a bright guy and he'll interview very well so he might get the job based on his interview but please we already have PJ with no experience and they may bring in a newbie coach? Why is my gut telling me that's a typical Knick disaster.

Well Kidd didn't coach at all neither did Mark Jackson...of course were both high caliber point guards which is like having a coach on the floor, who knows.

There are a few coaches I'd want before Kerr that's for sure.

tiger0330

Legend
Well, at least ATL lost tonight to Detroit...we're still alive
The problem is the Knicks winning games against teams headed for the playoffs who are trying to improve their seed and getting home court. They won't be resting their starters or trying to coast into the playoffs.

Melo has 4 days for his shoulder to get better, we'll need to see the best of Melo to have a chance.

petescud

Starter
oh yeah, usually you catch a break at the end of the year with some teams, not in our case...a little too late...we need a miracle now

CoolClyde

i don't think PJ has had much, if any, influence over decision-making, trades, hiring and firing until he signed on the dotted line. as Action Jackson has stated, the concept of offense and defense are simple ones, not relegated to letting one person run the show in iso, to win or lose based on shooting percentage. it's a team game, and Phil will hire whomever he thinks can grasp and implement the triangle or similar strategy. it doesn't look like the Knicks will win this year, as Melo still feels he needs to carry the team and is putting the pressure of the entire season on his back, even when he's hurting. I can't see him, or JR, consistently shooting the lights out to win every remaining game, and I don't see Atlanta losing most every game left. although it's easy to say this with a tragic number of 3, I do have faith in an old school mentality such as Phil Jackson to let the season play out win or lose, and take it from there. evaluating our d-leaguers ain't gonna happen until knicks are eliminated.

Broadway

All Star
I wonder if Melo was taking notes of Chris Copeland on how to be CLUTCH against the Bucks tonight....a "team we struggled with several times this season and folded like a cheap tent early March". Man Pacers sit all of their top dogs and they rely on the Copeland CLUTCH GENE to overtake Miami for the #1 spot by a half game.

EDITED: "the last time we played"

Last edited: