Earl Baron Debut Highlights

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Looks like he has some potential to run the floor nicely, block some shots and knock down the mid range jumper. Hopefully he is the diamond in the rough the Knicks need to fill up roster spots after signing two max free agents this summer.

BTW, how tall is he?

knicksin60

Starter
Now that Donnie Walsh has found the Knicks' own version of Chris "Bird Man" Anderson he can now give David Lee the max contract he rightfully deserves.The Knicks could very well be a 5th or 6th seeded team in the eastern conference next season with a starting lineup of Douglas, Chandler, Gallo, Lee and Baron.I haven't been this excited about the Knicks since they eliminated the Bulls in the 1994 playoffs.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Now that Donnie Walsh has found the Knicks' own version of Chris "Bird Man" Anderson he can now give David Lee the max contract he rightfully deserves.The Knicks could very well be a 5th or 6th seeded team in the eastern conference next season with a starting lineup of Douglas, Chandler, Gallo, Lee and Baron.I haven't been this excited about the Knicks since they eliminated the Bulls in the 1994 playoffs.

While I would love to see us thriving and Baron turn into a stud...it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to premature to asses this guy. (unless you have been following his career and know more about him)

knicksin60

Starter
While I would love to see us thriving and Baron turn into a stud...it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to premature to asses this guy. (unless you have been following his career and know more about him)

For some reason, I believe that this guy could very well be the next best thing and help the Knicks beyond this season.The Knicks haven't had a good defender at the five position in a long time and if Baron can give them consistency, it could prevent Donnie Walsh from overspending on aging veterans.The last thing that the Knicks need on their team is another player who is past his prime.

Slit

Rookie
The Knicks could very well be a 5th or 6th seeded team in the eastern conference next season with a starting lineup of Douglas, Chandler, Gallo, Lee and Baron.
:teeth: That will show em. Kobe & Co are shaking in their boots.
Seriously dude, April fools was 4 days ago.

On the subject: I don't know what's sadder: a team digging for talent in D-league...again, or fans so hungry for talent they are ready to pronounce a guy the next big thing on a basis of one half decent game. It's not like he's a rookie - the guy is 28, played in 82 games for Miami and failed to impress.

Also it's Earl Barron

Kiyaman

Legend
7.0 Earl Barron may be a project but he has the tools of being that backup bigman in the paint we been missing for years
(he's a KEEPER).

Although, his first Knick depute was vs a poor mediocre LA Clippers, Earl Barron on the offensive-end and the defensive-end of the court provided his Knick teammates with the "Bigman in the middle" the team been missing the last two seasons to give the Knicks a complete NBA lineup
(We been playing our-selves or actually beating our-selves by playing our players out of their natural position for two straight seasons).

7.0 Earl Barron is a "KEEPER" as long as he do not attempt to shoot a 3-ball shot (the NBA is not the Euro-League).

If only the Knicks had a Bigman-Camp in the summer with a bigman training coach on the bench each game, so a player with Earl Barron's talents could improve patiently as a center to become a valuable asset in the rebuilding of the Knick team.

Note: Every second C-Earl Barron was on the court with PF-David Lee the Knick players took a great big advantage over the LA Clippers on both sides of the court.
Will the Knicks show the same type of domination with a Earl & Lee lineup vs .500 record teams? NO!
not this season with a mediocre headcoach that is clueless on designing bigman tactics on defense & offense.
Plus I dont see the Knicks headcoach putting Earl & Lee on the court together again, he will use Earl as Lee's backup like he did with Curry, Darko, and Jordan Hill...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Plus I dont see the Knicks headcoach putting Earl & Lee on the court together again, he will use Earl as Lee's backup like he did with Curry, Darko, and Jordan Hill...

Rightly so until the guy proves himself.

Big C

Benchwarmer
The kid is legit. He was altering shots and getting rebounds. For his first game he sure had good court awareness. I also like the way he played the pick and roll with Rodriguez.

He is also a legit 7 feet.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
He can spot up which is nice. Tried to put the ball on the floor in the post and showed just how underdeveloped he is in that category. It was Yinka Dare bad. He'll come cheap of course, and as a spot up shooter he'll have his opportunities offensively.

Very limited otherwise. Can't see D'Antoni playing him at all though because:

Darko Milicic.

GetRealistic

Starter
7.0 Earl Barron may be a project but he has the tools of being that backup bigman in the paint we been missing for years
(he's a KEEPER).

Although, his first Knick depute was vs a poor mediocre LA Clippers, Earl Barron on the offensive-end and the defensive-end of the court provided his Knick teammates with the "Bigman in the middle" the team been missing the last two seasons to give the Knicks a complete NBA lineup
(We been playing our-selves or actually beating our-selves by playing our players out of their natural position for two straight seasons).

7.0 Earl Barron is a "KEEPER" as long as he do not attempt to shoot a 3-ball shot (the NBA is not the Euro-League).

If only the Knicks had a Bigman-Camp in the summer with a bigman training coach on the bench each game, so a player with Earl Barron's talents could improve patiently as a center to become a valuable asset in the rebuilding of the Knick team.

Note: Every second C-Earl Barron was on the court with PF-David Lee the Knick players took a great big advantage over the LA Clippers on both sides of the court.
Will the Knicks show the same type of domination with a Earl & Lee lineup vs .500 record teams? NO!
not this season with a mediocre headcoach that is clueless on designing bigman tactics on defense & offense.

Gallo's a bust? But after 20 minutes of action Earl Barron is a keeper? While i hope your right about Barron i'm not going to hold my breath. You also did claim D. Nicholes (out of the league) and Balkman (might as well be out of the league) would be key components in the future of the Knicks.

Big C

Benchwarmer
He can spot up which is nice. Tried to put the ball on the floor in the post and showed just how underdeveloped he is in that category. It was Yinka Dare bad. He'll come cheap of course, and as a spot up shooter he'll have his opportunities offensively.

Very limited otherwise. Can't see D'Antoni playing him at all though because:

Darko Milicic.

I think he might get playing time because he can shoot from the outside. Mike D'Anton does not really care about players posting up. As long as he shoots and cuts to the hole he might be fine.

He really has some work to do in the posting up area...

nyk_nyk

All Star

On the subject: I don't know what's sadder: a team digging for talent in D-league...again, or fans so hungry for talent they are ready to pronounce a guy the next big thing on a basis of one half decent game. It's not like he's a rookie - the guy is 28, played in 82 games for Miami and failed to impress.

Also it's Earl Barron

Thank you for saving me the trouble.

:beer:

nyk_nyk

All Star
The kid is legit. He was altering shots and getting rebounds. For his first game he sure had good court awareness. I also like the way he played the pick and roll with Rodriguez.

He is also a legit 7 feet.

Please be specific. He was "legit" against the Clippers. I remember when people were salivating over Bender when he first made an appearance.

Let's be easy and see how he performs the rest of the way (against various teams) and during summer league before we start making assumptions about his game.

Kiyaman

Legend
Originally Posted by knicksin60
The Knicks could very well be a 5th or 6th seeded team in the eastern conference next season with a starting lineup of Douglas, Chandler, Gallo, Lee and Baron.

Knicksin60....understand this and understand this wel,l so u dont get any responses like u just receive.
PF-David Lee and SF-Harrington are very acceptional experience players in the NBA, when they are playing at their natural position (the same with our young upcoming star SF-Wilson Chandler, he is not a SG in any sense of the position or in his H.S., college, or NBA career).

The Knicks were able to put David Lee and Harrington in the game to perform at their original natural-position (PF & SF) vs the LA Clippers, only b/c C-Earl Barron (like Dalembert, Gasol, Divac) only knows how to perform at the center position, where the PF (KG, Duncan, Webber, Zach) comes out to the top of the foul-line to create on the offense.
It does not matter if Earl Barron were in the D.League four years in a row, he have the tools to perform at the center position that gives a PF with David Lee's talent and a SF with Harrington talent an advantage over all mediocre oponents.
With the right strengthen training this summer for Earl Barron so he could endure a 82 game season, plus improve his talents this summer by workout session alongside of Lee and Harrington to get familar the "trio" could put together a decent frontcourt lineup with the addition of two other frontcourt players in the rotation (SF-Chandler and a bigman rebounding FA).

Harrington have been the best SF on the Knicks the past two seasons, and David Lee has been the only PF on the team the past two season.
The Knicks headcoach refuse to use a center and SG in his rotation the past two seasons. So all Knick oposition found it easy to take advantage of not one but two positions that were not fully covered on both sides of the court.

Also it's Earl Barron

Hopefully, u read my response above b/c u will not find a stronger or bigger Fan-Base for any sports team in the world, that measure up as high as the decade of losing Knicks.....large fan-base.

There is nothing sad or sadder about a person who will stick with u through thick n thin, through a long period of bad times while staying optimistic and cheering u on at any little achievement made through those bad times.
So u got it twisted.

Knick-Fans already know that the Billionair Owner of the Knicks & Rangers is clueless of any sport however, this Billionair owner will put out and spend more money than any organization in the NBA and NHL for people he is told are suppose to be the best at what they do.

Kiyaman

Legend
Please be specific. He was "legit" against the Clippers. I remember when people were salivating over Bender when he first made an appearance.

Let's be easy and see how he performs the rest of the way (against various teams) and during summer league before we start making assumptions about his game.

Bender have never shown to be a ledgit-Center when he entered the NBA, the Indiana Pacers used Bender & Harrington as their SF on the Pacers.

The few minutes Earl Barron was on the court, he showed all Knick-fans, Knick-players, and Knick coaches what it is like to have a real center in the middle of things. He also showed he is a low-post center on offense/defense that could use some more training for improvement with experience players and a bigman coach who can design a scheme for him to work in.
He showed to be a ledgit center in our rotation thats been missing (a center-piece) for 2 straight seasons.

Slit

Rookie
Hopefully, u read my response above b/c u will not find a stronger or bigger Fan-Base for any sports team in the world, that measure up as high as the decade of losing Knicks.....large fan-base.

There is nothing sad or sadder about a person who will stick with u through thick n thin, through a long period of bad times while staying optimistic and cheering u on at any little achievement made through those bad times.
So u got it twisted.
Err.. I'm not sure what you are trying to say, but if it's that being a fan means believing "Douglas, Chandler, Gallo, Lee and Baron" are a starting five of a playoff team, then it's you who got it twisted man.

Kiyaman

Legend
Gallo's a bust? But after 20 minutes of action Earl Barron is a keeper? While i hope your right about Barron i'm not going to hold my breath. You also did claim D. Nicholes (out of the league) and Balkman (might as well be out of the league) would be key components in the future of the Knicks.

Earl Barron is not know star center, but he has the tools and potential to be a ledgit center in the NBA. Thats alot more than I can say for alot of centers under contract in the league.

6.8 SG-D.Nichols would've been that SG u bring off the bench for outside shooting from any where on the peremeter (Allan Houston as Starks backup).
D.Nicholes is a natural SG, inwhich the Knicks were in need of havin to use 5.8 Nate Robinson at the SG position for 4 straight seasons.
Plus NBA teams wanted D.Nicholes as their SF.

Rebuilding with 7.0 Earl Barron, 6.8 SF-Balkman (Tazman), and 6.8 SG-D.Nicholes is a better fit with "Lee, Harrington, and Chandler" than Bender, Gallo, and Walker.

Kiyaman

Legend
Err.. I'm not sure what you are trying to say, but if it's that being a fan means believing "Douglas, Chandler, Gallo, Lee and Baron" are a starting five of a playoff team, then it's you who got it twisted man.

Who mention playoffs or starters?
where all that come from?

The Knicks was supposed to be a young rebuilding team with a 15 player roster, and several added assistant training coaches for the next two seasons.
The Knicks were supposed to have a president and G.M. like every rebuilding team have to rebuild a .500 record team.
By now we all know we made a mistake in Walsh & Dantoni.

1) Gallo never would have made any of my teams after a tryout, the guy has no form, potential, or hustle in any area of his game. Gallo was a perk we had to give to hire a celebrity coach inwhich the media said was going to Chicago.

2) Douglas is a rookie that was supposed to be guided and tutored his rookie season under Nate's offensive speed and Larry Hughes leadership on defense in their last season with the Knicks.

3) Earl Barron with the help of some experience teammates and coaches will be able to give the Knicks a few minutes of a center in their lineup.
Something we did not have for two season.

XH20X

Rookie
I'm sorry guys but for all those who think Earl Barron is an answer to our problems you guys sound so friggin desperate. Man, just one game guys. This is New York, we don't just settle for trash that the other teams don't want. I mean I know where you are all coming from but we have been losing for many seasons. We need a legitimate upgrade at center and not Earl Barron, please god no. This guy is showing flashes but I mean everyone is pumped up for their first real nba game for who knows how long. This guy is so thin and skinny that if he plays center he will be punished day in and day out. This is New York and we need to win now, we can't wait another 5-7 years for these kids to develop.