Just when you thought D'ant was bad, he shows you he's worse that you thought!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Once again you describle exactly what's going on. I wish more people would pay close attention and realize your observation. In my opinion this is not up for debate. These are real problems Dantoni has as a head coach.

I def agree with that part but I think we look so bad after time outs because we don't have a floor general or go to scorer. If we are going to rely on Harrington and Du Du getting it done I would expect similar results regardless of the coach.

That said, I am beginning to have my doubts about Dant but I am willing to wait till he gets good players who can really run his system before condemning him and his philosophy. It's clear his SSOL system hasn't worked with this group of overpaid misfits. Dant's system is dependent upon versatile shooters who can play many positions and move the ball. The problem is that we don't really have a team, we have a collection! A collection of players all worried about padding their stats so they can get big contracts or move to a team contending for a title.

P.S. Our team misses an incredible amount of open shots therfore teams give them 3's that they can't turn down...I would laugh if it wasn't so fukin frustrating!

iSaYughh

Starter
Dant needs to *demand* the team and its players to play the way he wants. If he can't get the circus under control then he sucks, and not only isn't a great coach, but isn't even a good one if he can't influence them any better than how he has.

Dant benches N8? Has him ride the bench like a cowgirl. Bench the rest of the bozos if they refuse to learn how to play basketball in a manner that best suits their skills, development, and thus the power of this team and franchise.

Wait...if he did that Hill and Douglas might have to actually get quality minutes.

ANU

Starter
I'm starting to think this dude was a bad hire.you're not supposed to hire a "star" coach when you have no stars.people can say that that he does have enough of "his" players on that team, but imo it still wouldn't matter.we won't win a championship with him at the helm, until he changes his system.

maybe donnie should have hired tom thiboudeax.

TunerAddict

Starter
I'm starting to think this dude was a bad hire.you're not supposed to hire a "star" coach when you have no stars.people can say that that he does have enough of "his" players on that team, but imo it still wouldn't matter.we won't win a championship with him at the helm, until he changes his system.

maybe donnie should have hired tom thiboudeax.

Donnie hired a proven winner. What more can you ask for?

ANU

Starter
Donnie hired a proven winner. What more can you ask for?
a winner that got to coach steve nash joe johnson and amare.i don't see players like that on this team. he's a star coach.we have no stars.were we suppose to wait and see what he can do with stars?

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
a winner that got to coach steve nash joe johnson and amare.i don't see players like that on this team. he's a star coach.we have no stars.were we suppose to wait and see what he can do with stars?

you just made the point, he is a star coach, we want to bring in STARS next season. these starts have an affinity for coach dantoni, and donnie walsh is hoping they'll choose new york. bringing in dantoni was solely for 2010, dont forget that all management cares about is 2010.

ANU

Starter
lol at anybody who believes that bullshit.if any stars leave there respective teams next season, its because they want to leave.d'antoni will have jack shit to do with it.olympics or not."players" want to play for him because thy'll get buckets.guys like lebron and wade are superstars all ready, padding their stats, which is what mike's system does, won't mean shit to them.winning does.and you win championships with defense.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer

So is Phil Jackson who only coached superstars and arguably the 2 best players of all the time. No coach can do a lot better with this bunch. Maybe few more wins yes but no one can make this team a playoff contender.

And you know why? Because we don't have a big star. We have some above average players (Lee, Harrington, Hughes) couple young solid players(Chandler, Douglas) a potential future star (Gallinari) whos about 2-3 years away (if he ever gets there) to polish his game and reach some of his potential and a big man prospect (Hill) which can be a hit or a miss. Than we have the dirt of the NBA (Duhon, Jeffries, Curry).

One more thing, unlike Dantoni, Phil Jackson have never nor he will ever coach a team without a star.

ANU

Starter
why are you trying to make a point, i already made? i just said he's a star coach, and we have NO stars.that's why it was a bad hire.

phil jackson was hired after those teams had stars.