Walsh is Brilliant

Kiyaman

Legend
So far Donnie Walsh has been making great moves since being hired by the Knicks.

It was wise of Walsh to not let any of the assistant coaches finish out the last 15 games of the season as Head Coach (Hannerty or Herb).
Walsh learned so much watching Isiah coach out the remainder of the season.

It was wise of Walsh to hire a Head Coach who got Fired for not playing defense, to coach a team that could've had more than 23 wins if they played defense.

It was wise of Walsh to hand a 6th lottery pick to a coach who never had any interest in college ball.

It was wise of Walsh to not trade any players on draft night or try to get two picks out of this draft. Plus he did not waste any of owner Dolan money on buying some decent late picks that were for sell.

But Walsh most brilliant move was not trading our 20-10 player which would've took the team out of the high salary cap racket after next season.
Keeping this player who rebounds without jumping and never waste his time scoring downlow when he can dribble out to take a turn around jumper. Plus he can play 40 mpg without ever getting tired because he dont waste foolish energy playing defense. All his teammates luv him the way he gives them time to rest on offense when he gets the ball in his hands.

Walsh is a genious, D'Antoni is the greatest, and Marbury is the best PG in the NBA.

The Clippers made it known that the samething they offered for Camby was the same exact offer for Zach. So stop getting it twisted.
Camby would've refuse to report to the Knicks if he was ever traded to New York again. That's Knick history for those who were Knick-Fans when Camby & Sprewell were Knicks.

so basically what your saying is you have no clue as to what your talking about ?
I cant agree with any of what you said. Mike D didnt get fired, he decided not to return because steve kerr is a jackass. Your talking about a coach who lead his team to 2 straight western conference finals, was jerked out of a 3rd straight by david stern suspending amare and diaw, Is a point gaurd orientated coach who helped nash turn into a two time mvp . whose track record is legendary. Walsh is respected by every player, and every GM in the league. (hence why if you know business, you damn well david stern called up dolan and pushed the move of bringing him into the knicks front office) Gallinari is just as NBA ready as any of the freshman crop. And our coach will play the players who deserve to play and bring out the best in them. Why would you fire zeke 15 games before the season ends, it defeats the purpose. If walsh did that we would all be asking, why did zeke not get fired earlier in the season blah blah blah. It was a lose lose situation.
now all that i see running our team is this (what we asked for )
credibility
Winners
Experience
intelligence
men who players want to play for and be around
and most of all motivators who are not going play veterans just to save face, over youth who deserve minutes.

your way off base here, there is no true evidence that walsh had a legitimate opportunity to rid us of zachs contract, the clipper-knicks trades were always just a (rumor) just like D lee and company were going to be traded to the grizz for the 5th pick.

where is the evidence that the clippers made it known that they offered the nuggets the same for camby.

How do we know that the clippers did not back out of the deal

I dont want to hear anything negative concerning our coach or walsh until about 20 games into this season.

then we can start knee jerk reacting.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The sarcasm is so thick you can taste it.

I kind of agree with you on a couple of things. Not trading Zach was a huge mistake.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
So far Donnie Walsh has been making great moves since being hired by the Knicks.

It was wise of Walsh to not let any of the assistant coaches finish out the last 15 games of the season as Head Coach (Hannerty or Herb).
Walsh learned so much watching Isiah coach out the remainder of the season.

It was wise of Walsh to hire a Head Coach who got Fired for not playing defense, to coach a team that could've had more than 23 wins if they played defense.

It was wise of Walsh to hand a 6th lottery pick to a coach who never had any interest in college ball.

It was wise of Walsh to not trade any players on draft night or try to get two picks out of this draft. Plus he did not waste any of owner Dolan money on buying some decent late picks that were for sell.

But Walsh most brilliant move was not trading our 20-10 player which would've took the team out of the high salary cap racket after next season.
Keeping this player who rebounds without jumping and never waste his time scoring downlow when he can dribble out to take a turn around jumper. Plus he can play 40 mpg without ever getting tired because he dont waste foolish energy playing defense. All his teammates luv him the way he gives them time to rest on offense when he gets the ball in his hands.

Walsh is a genious, D'Antoni is the greatest, and Marbury is the best PG in the NBA.

The Clippers made it known that the samething they offered for Camby was the same exact offer for Zach. So stop getting it twisted.
Camby would've refuse to report to the Knicks if he was ever traded to New York again. That's Knick history for those who were Knick-Fans when Camby & Sprewell were Knicks.

Someone's been watching fox news. You've become the master of spin. Denver gave up their only defensive big man for peanuts and you don't criticize that move? If anything Walsh should be credited with knowing when not to pull the trigger. NY fans hate Randolph for some odd reason when he's one of the better players on the team, a double double guy on a nightly basis. You don't trade a double double player for a second round pick.

Regarding D'Antoni, we all know he wasn't fired, he quit. Kerr brought in a fat and slow defensive center and added millions to the cap. If that were Isiah you'd be calling for his head.

Brining in more guards to a team that is already loaded at that position is odd, but the season hasn't started yet. When it does players like Balkman and Robenson may not be here. For all we know Nate could be running the point. It's still too early to make a final judgment.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I like this thread. It's very sarcastic, yet it's true. Doncris, pay attention to the thread. Kiya's not serious about what he's saying. He's trying to act as if he likes D'Antoni, Walsh, Randolph, and Marbury, but he doesn't. I like this thread, because it's true. Walsh did make a mistake when he hired D'Antoni, when we could've got Patrick Ewing-the greatest knick of all time with coaching experience on two playoff teams. He also made a mistake when he didn't make any trades during draft night. That's why he ended up signing Chris Duhon. We gave up opportunities to trade for good players, so he had to get average players. Stephon Marbury is the best player on the Knicks, but he isn't the best point guard in the NBA(although he's in the top 10). Part of why Zach Randolph has the endurance to play a lot of minutes is because he doesn't play defense. I've actually seen Zach Randolph back off of good shooters, just so that he could get the defensive rebound. There are times where I wonder if Randolph cares more about winning or getting his 20 and 10. I like Zach Randolph, and I think he should stay, but that's the truth. The only thing that's missing from the thread is mentioning Curry. Eddy Curry also has a lot of money of his contract(30 million) but people don't mention him as much. He definitely has to go. Not just for his contract, but also because he sucks.

Last edited:
I am under no illusion..

And I doubt any league gm's are either when it comes to Zach.

Even if Zach flourishes under D'antoni's system, his value will not be but so much more because where ever you go, you have to take you with you, unfortunately.

He will still be a 20 10 guy who can't pass, defend or jump. And he absolutely will not accept playing second fiddle, so no team with title aspirations will bite on taking him based on that. Think about it.. if the Clippers who did not make the playoffs and just lost a top 5 pf in the league offer peanuts for a 20 10 guy like him, what value does he really have?

And by now, everyone in the league knows that D'antoni's system makes all players involved in the rotation look a lot, and I mean a lot better than they actually are.

Steve Nash went from a good all star type player to back to back mvp in it. And he did it once with STAT gone once. Boris Diaw was an ATL retread, he looked like a bonafide star in that system. No one is foolish enough to think he can star for them on his own though.

And that will be the Issue with Zach no matter what he does. I would have definitely taken that trade, for the sake of not having that albatross contract, when you already know he does not fit into the long term plan. That is just silly.

And to make matters worse, it appears they are ready to buy out, cut or trade Steph, who would be a much better player in the system than Zach ever could. I can't see how they are going all out of their way to basically put Steph on the chopping block, but won't rid themselves of Zach when they had the chance. Neither player is in their plans, but it would benefit the Knicks long term to have traded Zach, and let Stephs contract expire at the end of the season. Yet they'd rather keep Zach and buy out Steph. Just does not make sense.

I just hope they know what they are doing.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
And I doubt any league gm's are either when it comes to Zach.

Even if Zach flourishes under D'antoni's system, his value will not be but so much more because where ever you go, you have to take you with you, unfortunately.

He will still be a 20 10 guy who can't pass, defend or jump. And he absolutely will not accept playing second fiddle, so no team with title aspirations will bite on taking him based on that. Think about it.. if the Clippers who did not make the playoffs and just lost a top 5 pf in the league offer peanuts for a 20 10 guy like him, what value does he really have?

And by now, everyone in the league knows that D'antoni's system makes all players involved in the rotation look a lot, and I mean a lot better than they actually are.

Steve Nash went from a good all star type player to back to back mvp in it. And he did it once with STAT gone once. Boris Diaw was an ATL retread, he looked like a bonafide star in that system. No one is foolish enough to think he can star for them on his own though.

And that will be the Issue with Zach no matter what he does. I would have definitely taken that trade, for the sake of not having that albatross contract, when you already know he does not fit into the long term plan. That is just silly.

And to make matters worse, it appears they are ready to buy out, cut or trade Steph, who would be a much better player in the system than Zach ever could. I can't see how they are going all out of their way to basically put Steph on the chopping block, but won't rid themselves of Zach when they had the chance. Neither player is in their plans, but it would benefit the Knicks long term to have traded Zach, and let Stephs contract expire at the end of the season. Yet they'd rather keep Zach and buy out Steph. Just does not make sense.

I just hope they know what they are doing.

A players value isn't determined by a single teams weak offer. If that's the case Camby is the worse center in the league since he only was traded for a draft pick, a 2nd round pick at that.

abcd said:
Doncris, pay attention to the thread. Kiya's not serious about what he's saying. He's trying to act as if he likes D'Antoni, Walsh, Randolph, and Marbury, but he doesn't. I like this thread, because it's true. Walsh did make a mistake when he hired D'Antoni, when we could've got Patrick Ewing-the greatest knick of all time with coaching experience on two playoff teams. He also made a mistake when he didn't make any trades during draft night. That's why he ended up signing Chris Duhon. We gave up opportunities to trade for good players, so he had to get average players.

Maybe you should reread his post, reread mine then report back to me. The sarcasm is obvious but there's very little truth in the post. It's full of inaccuracies. Walsh wasn't fired and Camby was traded for peanuts. The whole trade value or missed opportunity argument doesn't hold water.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
A players value isn't determined by a single teams weak offer. If that's the case Camby is the worse center in the league since he only was traded for a draft pick, a 2nd round pick at that.

Maybe you should reread his post, reread mine then report back to me. The sarcasm is obvious but there's very little truth in the post. It's full of inaccuracies. Walsh wasn't fired and Camby was traded for peanuts. The whole trade value or missed opportunity argument doesn't hold water.
You're right, D'Antoni didn't get fired. However, the Knicks could've gotten Marcus Camby. We could've given them a 2010 second round pick, Eddy Curry, and Mardy Collins. That's more than what the Clippers offered.

Paul1355

All Star
Someone's been watching fox news. You've become the master of spin. Denver gave up their only defensive big man for peanuts and you don't criticize that move? If anything Walsh should be credited with knowing when not to pull the trigger. NY fans hate Randolph for some odd reason when he's one of the better players on the team, a double double guy on a nightly basis. You don't trade a double double player for a second round pick.

Regarding D'Antoni, we all know he wasn't fired, he quit. Kerr brought in a fat and slow defensive center and added millions to the cap. If that were Isiah you'd be calling for his head.

Brining in more guards to a team that is already loaded at that position is odd, but the season hasn't started yet. When it does players like Balkman and Robenson may not be here. For all we know Nate could be running the point. It's still too early to make a final judgment.

im only responding to your first line...watch the O'Reilly Factor..."the spin stops here"

Paul1355

All Star
You're right, D'Antoni didn't get fired. However, the Knicks could've gotten Marcus Camby. We could've given them a 2010 second round pick, Eddy Curry, and Mardy Collins. That's more than what the Clippers offered.

Camby is good but he is worth alot, he is injury prone...and i doubt he wants to comeback to NY

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Camby is good but he is worth alot, he is injury prone...and i doubt he wants to comeback to NY
I know, but I doubt he's happy being with the Clippers, either. The Clippers have one of the worst playoff historys in the NBA. Did you know that the Clippers have only been to the playoffs 4 times, in the last 32 years, and that they've only made it passed the first round twice in the last thirty two years, as well? I don't even know why Baron Davis signed with the Clippers for. If he was going to go to LA, he might as well have gone to the Lakers. Baron Davis, Kobe, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum would've been an unstoppable force.

Kiyaman

Legend
I know, but I doubt he's happy being with the Clippers, either. The Clippers have one of the worst playoff historys in the NBA. Did you know that the Clippers have only been to the playoffs 4 times, in the last 32 years, and that they've only made it passed the first round twice in the last thirty two years, as well? I don't even know why Baron Davis signed with the Clippers for. If he was going to go to LA, he might as well have gone to the Lakers. Baron Davis, Kobe, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum would've been an unstoppable force.

I'm sure that Camby may not like the offer that was traded for him, but I'm sure Clippers teammates and management will remind him of trades like the "Gasol" trade to clear his conscience. Camby performance is 100% more reliable than Zach team performance. Clippers made out as THIEVES this offseason.

Well, the NBA analyst speculated right on the interest of a 20-10 player (Zach) that attitude only leads his team to a Lottery season.
The Clippers put Zach Radolph Value in the NBA at a 2nd round draft pick.
I know I started "Bashing" Isiah Thomas the 2nd month on the Knicks job, but even Isiah would have grabbed that 2nd round pick for Zach and ran away with it.

The Clippers drafting SG-Eric Gordon, signing PG-Baron Davis, and trading for Camby has made the Clippers a Postseason Team in the 50 win Western Conference (by crippling two 45 win season teams GS & Denver).
So many NBA teams are 80% finished building their roster already (by July 15) for training camp in October. And the Knicks still have their same 23 win team roster they had the last 4 years.
Walsh lied bigtime about his 2010 plan when he refuse to delete a $48 million dollar salary for nothing from the Knicks cap.

As for Denver giving up Camby, that is a "No-Brainer" the Denver Nuggets cant make it pass the first round since drafting Carmelo, and each season they distract defensive players for offensive players to where they got "SWEPT" in this season first round.
Two or three years ago Kenyon Martin made a verbal public statement that "Coach Karl is not a Postseason coach.", saying, "he has no plans whatsoever for the Postseason.". Coach Karl I believe suspended K-Mart for the rest of the Postseason games that year.
Coach Karl is a discipline regular season coach that you put on your team for two to three years to establish discipline in your franchise players than you look for a coach with offense/defense plans which coach Karl has yet to show he have in the NBA.
So Camby finally open his mouth after or during their first round sweep on needing defensive help in the backcourt, which the trade for Ron Artest would have given Denver.
It was coach Karl who turned down the Ron Artest trade at the deadline.

Dont worry be happy!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Are you kidding me? Camby would kill to come back to NY. He damn near cried when we traded him. He loves it here.

Camby would refuse to report to the Knicks if he was traded to New York.
The Camby & Sprewell tandem have history with Owner Dolan.
Camby was going to sue the Knicks entire medical staff his first season with Denver who would not let him play do to past injuries.
Do your Knick history homework before sayin the above.

jpz17

Starter
"Walsh is a genious, D'Antoni is the greatest, and Marbury is the best PG in the NBA."

I agree with that statement completely, Walsh is waiting for the right moves, its like chess, or poker, and D'Antoni is the best coach in NBA, but he may not be great for NY right now. Marbury isn't the best, but hes the best we got. YOU GUYS HAVE GOTTA SHUT UP ABOUT WALSH!!!!! WHEN ARE YOU EVER SATISFIED! YOUR ACTIN LIKE 2 YEAR OLDS! GET A NEW HOBBY! YOU GUYS CALL YOURSELVES KNICK FANS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

moneyg

Starter
Hello

Denver was cutting salary. thats the only way the would have trade Camby. There is no way we could have gotten him. LAC was under the cap so they could do this.. we could not.

FACTS FACTS FACTS:smokin:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
cambys not injury prone like he used to be....i am dissapointed that we had a chance to get camby and we didnt. At the same time i dont hold it against donnie....lets see what he does before hating on him. I can see why some would be mad about donnie not dumpin off randolph and his contract...its understandable but i still wanna see what he ends up doing with zach. Its gonna be tough for him to find a deal that good.

i gave kiyaman a rep point for saying marbury is the best point guard.

Kiyaman

Legend
Hello

Denver was cutting salary. thats the only way the would have trade Camby. There is no way we could have gotten him. LAC was under the cap so they could do this.. we could not.

FACTS FACTS FACTS:smokin:

Here's a Fact:
Camby Salary is chump-change compared to Iverson, Carmelo, K-Mart, and Nene's contract.
As long as the Nuggets have those 4 players contracts they will stay above the Salary Cap.

People should have laughed at the statement of Denver trying to get salary cap relief in trading Camby.