What do the Knicks do with the backup center position?

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't see the Knicks doing anything this season without a shot blocker. PG's are leveling up, especially the young ones and lottery teams are improving and will be bigger challenges to this team.

The lack of footspeed within Amare, Bargnani and their vulnerability on defense makes us desperate for a big man.

Our best defenders are World Peace and Martin, considering they're at the end of their careers...this isn't a strong bet that they'll play 82 games within the season.

Same goes for Tyson Chandler, who isn't a good shot blocker and his interior and post defense has dropped by 2-3 levels.

I hate the Bargnani trade altogether, seems very Isiah Thomasish. Focusing on talent instead of team necessities is a recipe for disaster.

I can't stress this enough how this current roster is built for a treadmill run in the playoffs into an early exit. This isn't pessimism either, if you take time to sit down and analyze this roster in comparison with the top 5 teams in the NBA, you'll begin to see how the 2013-14 season will be a waste of time.

I honestly rather rebuild and acquire two lottery draft picks to draft some Superstars for our future than waste a season for nothing.

Great Point Metro .... pessimistic has nothing to do with the many offseason improvements Knicks oponents made to their roster.
Did GM Grunwald improve our 54 win roster?
Did GM Grunwald improve our poor postseason performance roster?

The Bargani trade was an Isiah Thomas trade in every way.
Do we have decent defensive-players? HELL YEAH!
We have an above-average defensive player at every position on our roster:
C-Tyson, PF-K-Mart, SF-Meta, SG-Shump, and PG-Beno ....
The above 5 players do better than block-shots, they give us STOPS.
The problem lies in do we have a defensive-coach that can GELL these defensive-players into lineups with their other teammates?
Hell NO!
Do we have a HC that can improve these defensive-players level of B.Ball?
HELL NO!
If u were to compare HC Woody's team-defensive ability towards Bulls HC Thibs team-defense ability from 1 to 10 what number would u give Woody?
I say 5

Do the Knicks really need a backup center? NO! Knicks need a same-page coach for ISO-Melo/Amare.
The Miami Heat won consecutive championships without a center?
Is this thread really about the Indiana Pacers series where C-Hibbert ate us up alive? HELL YEAH!
HC Woody loss the Pacers series by DNP a healthy Camby, Amare, and Copeland.
Or is this backup center thread worried about the centers in our conference like "Hibbert, Noah, Lopez, Varegao & Bynum, and Greg Monroe"?

metrocard

Legend
Great Point Metro .... pessimistic has nothing to do with the many offseason improvements Knicks oponents made to their roster.
Did GM Grunwald improve our 54 win roster?
Did GM Grunwald improve our poor postseason performance roster?

The Bargani trade was an Isiah Thomas trade in every way.
Do we have decent defensive-players? HELL YEAH!
We have an above-average defensive player at every position on our roster:
C-Tyson, PF-K-Mart, SF-Meta, SG-Shump, and PG-Beno ....
The above 5 players do better than block-shots, they give us STOPS.
The problem lies in do we have a defensive-coach that can GELL these defensive-players into lineups with their other teammates?
Hell NO!
Do we have a HC that can improve these defensive-players level of B.Ball?
HELL NO!
If u were to compare HC Woody's team-defensive ability towards Bulls HC Thibs team-defense ability from 1 to 10 what number would u give Woody?
I say 5

Do the Knicks really need a backup center? NO! Knicks need a same-page coach for ISO-Melo/Amare.
The Miami Heat won consecutive championships without a center?
Is this thread really about the Indiana Pacers series where C-Hibbert ate us up alive? HELL YEAH!
HC Woody loss the Pacers series by DNP a healthy Camby, Amare, and Copeland.
Or is this backup center thread worried about the centers in our conference like "Hibbert, Noah, Lopez, Varegao & Bynum, and Greg Monroe"?

I feel they're capable of giving us stops, but not at the majority of attempts on defense. We've seen Tyson Chandler get exposed defensively for over a 3 month period.

I thought letting Camby go really was a bad choice.

Whoever we go with has to have a bit of muscle when it comes to defending the likes of Roy Hibbert, considering he got bigger over the summer too.

Roy-Hibbert1.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend
I feel they're capable of giving us stops, but not at the majority of attempts on defense. We've seen Tyson Chandler get exposed defensively for over a 3 month period.

I thought letting Camby go really was a bad choice.

Tyson Chandler never got expose .. HC Woody's 3-guard and 4-guard offense got exposed.
Melo at the PF spot compared to PF-Boozer & PF-West made the two look like underpaid super-star PF.
Plus SF-Deng, SF-Paul George, and SF-Pierce gave an all-around performance when switch to defend the PF spot.
Tyson Chandler 30 minutes performance had no help from his PF or SF during the 2012-13 season.
When we sign 6.8 PF-Kenyon Martin, HC Woody never put Tyson & Martin in the same lineup throughout the regular season. When 6.8 K.Martin was on a role as our center winning 16 games out of our final 18 games of the season during that run HC Woody put Tyson Chandler on the DNP injured list.

I watch how the Miami Heat made Indiana Pacers C-Hibbert a non-factor in a series by attacking the 2nd half of the game with a bigmen frontcourt rotation of Bosh/Haslem/Birdman/and Lebron .. it could have been a Miami sweep because the Pacers was not on Par with D.Wade's guard rotation of Charmers, Ray Allen, Miller, Cole, and Battier.

I was baffled this time last year when the Knicks sign Camby .. Why? In 2002 Knick traded Camby and our #1 pick to Denver Nuggets on a sour note on a personal call from Knicks owner Dolan, and in 2002 the Denver medical-staff gave Camby a full examination and blame all Camby's injuries on the wrong treatment by the Knicks medical-staff (Camby wanted to sue the Knicks medical-staff and HC JVG, but the Denver Organization would not allow it, the two players Camby was traded for "Mcdyess & Frank" did not play one game for the knicks during the 2002-3 season because both had a full season injury.). Karma.
Plus in 2008, all rumors pointed toward Carmelo Anthony for having the Denver Nuggets trade a NBA top-3 center Camby (averaging 9 pts, 13 rebs, 3 ast, 4 blks, and 1 stl, in 79 games.) to the low Clippers for nothing in return, but open cap space for the Nuggets. The same money the Nuggets wouldve paid Camby's contract, the Nuggets had to use all that money to buy-out Mcdyess contract who refuse to play for Denver again. That's KARMA...