Overpopulation Thread

Will Barack Obama help the United States get out of the recession?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Only if he wins a second term

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I came up with the idea of creating this thread, after seeing a population timeline at the Bronx Zoo.

earth2.jpg

In 1900, the world human population was 1.6 billion. Today, the world human population is over 6.7 billion. It is projected that in 2020, the world human population is going to reach 8 billion.

Questions for discussion:
1. Do you feel that overpopulation is a problem?
2. If yes, what are some possible solutions?
3. If no, why don't you feel it is a problem?

Paul1355

All Star
Interesting thread.

Over population seems like it can be spaced out...especially if you look at parts in the USA like Montana or South Dakota were the population is 1-5 people for each town lol.

Over populated areas generate the most wealth so I really don't know if Barack Obama is ever going to encourage people to move or something.

Places like China and India are so populated it gets to the point were some people would just be happier if they did move to a country with a less dense population.

I really don;t if there will ever be a solution unless a President actually puts a population limit in a certain radius or entire state...that seems like the only way but it hurts alot of positives such as economic build up.

Akamu

The King
@ Your Poll - Obama will NOT get us out of this Depression.

Especially when he is doing things that only help make the economy worse.

[Example:] Pioneering the bailout bill (Obama was bribed with almost $3mil by Goldman Sacs and commercial banks) to be passed to allow for unlimited printing of federal notes which increase inflation, leading to hyperinflation.

This bill allows for the banks to rob this money from the American people and not to mention the Global Warming/Carbon Dioxide tax law to further rape the public.

Also Obama's raising taxes/capital gains so business will not invest and thrive equaling no jobs to go around. He wants to do what his puppetmasters want, instate a carbon tax, fund a youth brigade and force kids/people from the ages of 18 to 25 to participate, and heck why not go to war that's always fun and a good way of doing business.

He is PRO regulation (micro-management) over YOUR life!

@ World Population - My answer is NAW, world population is not a problem.

Why? Because it's simply not, the world can support billions, and billions more if needed. If you think it's a problem then you are falling into a little thing called "propaganda."

There are some places in this world, "India, China, and other smaller countries" that have "dense population" issues. Cities, areas jam packed with insufficient amount of resources and food being distributed. There are also places in the world that are underpopulated, but you don't hear about that right? right.

This is more like a math question, for densly populated areas you can factor in the death rate, birth ratio or whatever the heck, so I toss you this to look at and think about:

Here's a Map, showing you population density: Link to that map righ here
Not saying it's %100 accurate but it's close enough.
800pxcountriesbypopulatox3.png

Link]=> List of countries and dependencies by population density.
vegetation1pu3.jpg

Link]=> Texas Map

Link]=>
World Population Counter

Answers From Random People About Fitting The World's Population within the state of Texas:

[FONT=&quot]Area of Texas is 268,581 square miles. Assuming 6 billion people, that's 22,340 per square mile; this means each person gets 1248 square feet, which is about the size of a respectable apartment. So, yes, you could fit everyone in the world quite comfortably in Texas.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]==============/

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]population of the word = ~6,653,000,000 people[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]size of texas = 163696 sq miles[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]So if everyone in the world was living in texas, and spread out roughly evenly, the population desity would be about 40,000 people per square mile. This is higher than the pop density of NYC as a whole but less than that of Manhattan.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]So, yeah, if texas was all one big city, about as dense as new york is now, everyone could live there simultaneously.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]==============/[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]

27,878,400 square feet in a square mile
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]268,581 square miles in texas[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]thats

7,487,608,550,400 (7.487 _trillon_) square feet in texas
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]divided by 6 billion people leaves us _only_ 1247.9 square feet per person... thats almost twice the size of my apartment.. of course, some people would be living on lakes and rivers and such, but nevertheless. another simple computation that shows just how big this world is -- and how small "we" are..[/FONT]
If there math is off then whatever you get the idea, I don't feel like calculating that shyt-

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Space isn't the problem with overpopulation...It is resources...

Exactly what I was thinking. Fact is that humans are wiping out species and regions, regularly, with destruction of habitats, for the sake of housing and development, the hunting of endangered species, global warming, which is beginning to submerge certain islands and is melting the polar caps, pollution and soil erosion and desertification, just to name a few. We're a plague on the rest of the planet. Imagine double the amount of plague, with an added 6 bill. This is why I long ago decided not to contribute to population growth, by not reproducing.

The other animals on this planet should make a 9-11 truth documentary on our evil asses.

Akamu

The King
I said the same exact thing to him a long time ago, I'm glad he isn't going to reproduce, keep as much filth off of this planet as possible.

Stimulus my azz

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I said the same exact thing to him a long time ago, I'm glad he isn't going to reproduce, keep as much filth off of this planet as possible.

Stimulus my azz

Just like my vegetarianism, my spiritual and philosophical practices, and other things about me, I try to live my life in a way that's ethical and makes a positive contribution to the world, not necessarily people, definitely not all of them. There are too many truly filthy people, like you, Akuma, on this planet. I would not produce a child, who, because of my principles and morals, would be a truly decent soul, so that he or she would then have to be around people like you, your family and your offspring. I'm too selfless and compassionate to do that to another sentient being.

And so, to be attacked by you, Mr. Conspiracy nut, and the most eloquent man on this site: Metrocard- Mr. "I love the big cock," is a compliment. It proves I don't go gay for men whose work I'm a fan of and that I have enough brains to neither believe everything the government tells me, nor adopt whatever some conspiracy nut does.

-Enjoy your nutty (in more ways than one) day.