If Thibodeau is a great coach............

Blumatic

Rotation player
If Thibs is a great coach with everyone saying the Bulls only having one all-star but has the best defense in the league and with almost everyone regretting that the Knicks passing on him.........The why isnt Mike Brown considered.

I know I know, people dont want him, but whats the difference between the 2 coaches so far. Both coaches came in the 3rd pf their respective superstars tenure. Both superstars were from their hometown. Both teams had best records in the NBA and both were and are doomed to lose to a big three. Both dont have the second star.

Both are defensive gurus. Both won coach of the year. I mean I dont understand why Brown gets a bad rep. The playoffs always exposes every team except one: The Champion at the end.

Did lebron really leave b/c of Mike Brown. Brown can get an offensive asst. coach but we can score. We need to defend. And watching the East Finals, we wont win those games without defensive coaches.

So why not Mike Brown? And if No, then the Knicks were right not to consider Thibs?

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
I always tought Mike Brown did fantastic job in Cleveland. They had Lebron and bunch of scrubs and they won 60 games in 2 straith years. In playoffs lack of depth was a major problem, as Lebron couldn't do it by himself. That's why he left because GM failed to give him good supporting cast through 7 years.

I'm not sure we can ever get a more accurate feel for Mike Brown's ability, unless we see him come back and head coach a non-Lebron team.

That said, after watching the Bulls' last 2 plays (out of timeouts) in regulation of tonight's Heat/Bulls Game 4, it's Thibodeau's coaching that I'm all of a sudden doubting.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I'm not sure we can ever get a more accurate feel for Mike Brown's ability, unless we see him come back and head coach a non-Lebron team.

That said, after watching the Bulls' last 2 plays (out of timeouts) in regulation of tonight's Heat/Bulls Game 4, it's Thibodeau's coaching that I'm all of a sudden doubting.

See there you go. Thats what Im saying. If Thibs is the Sh!t right now, why not Mike Brown.

As far for end of game coaching. One star cant do anything against that Heat defense. There are no plays to beat Miami at the end. Just someone with balls and the talent to make something happen.

Now Im hearing Lakers are preparing to hire him.

KBlack25

Starter
Because Mike Brown lost control of his team in a big playoff series, including having the biggest star in the game quit on him.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Because Mike Brown lost control of his team in a big playoff series, including having the biggest star in the game quit on him.

Lebron quit on his team. How can a coach control a team that everyone knew would change next year.

Lebron was Miami bound since 2008. He refused to sign an extension. Left everyone in the dark. You cant win that way. If you watched the pre-game last night, Lebron credited Mike Brown for making him the defensive player he is today. That is very high praise.

Dont tell me spolstra is soooo much better than Mike Brown.

Reports are that he may be the next Laker coach. Clearly the Lakers were frustrated with the defense in the Mavs series.

Im telling ya'll, he is what this team needs. He's a Popovich disciple, he's young so there is no Phil Jackson will he stay or go nonsense, DEFENSE.

Miami dont run any special plays at the end of games. The have Lebron, Wade and Bosh. So Spolstra gets no credit from me for being a great coach he just does a good job of emphasizing whats important. We got more stars than Chicago. We just dont have the coach that they have. Mike Brown is or was that guy for us depending on what the Lakers do.

Blumatic

Rotation player
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=909692&sid=6a00fb5503c5d8699023bd4f8788158d

If we hire Mike Brown here is what will happen:

The number of threads you see criticizing MDA's defense will be equal to the number of threads you will see criticizing Mike Brown's stagnant offense.

And yes, I do think Spo is a better head coach, but I've always been a Spo fan.

I can give you reasons as well why Doc Rivers is a bad coach.........before KG. Now every Knick fans wants him:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060112

I guess we will agree to disagree. But Mike Brown made Lebron the defender he is today. And we we have a point guard with STAT and Melo. I think people will give more credit to Brown on the offense.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Don't listen to us, listen to the Lakers GM

If Mike Brown isn't a good coach, then why are the Lakers about to hire him to replace Phil Jackson?

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Mark Jackson et al

I tihnk that the Knicks should hire Mark Jackson either as the defensive assistant (and heir apparent) or new head coach. Jeff Van Gundy would also be a good choice, but this is unlikely given his past history with Dolan.

I would also like the Knicks to hire either Patrick Ewing or Kareem Abdul Jabbar as a big man coach. Bill Russell would be the ultimate choice, but I don't think he would be willing to. Patrick might be too tied to Orlando at this point, but Kareem would definitely jump at this.

I would also like to see and offer Walt Frazier to work as a special PG and defensive assistant. He might be willing to do this if we draft the right PG prospect.

KBlack25

Starter
I tihnk that the Knicks should hire Mark Jackson either as the defensive assistant (and heir apparent) or new head coach. Jeff Van Gundy would also be a good choice, but this is unlikely given his past history with Dolan.

I would also like the Knicks to hire either Patrick Ewing or Kareem Abdul Jabbar as a big man coach. Bill Russell would be the ultimate choice, but I don't think he would be willing to. Patrick might be too tied to Orlando at this point, but Kareem would definitely jump at this.

I would also like to see and offer Walt Frazier to work as a special PG and defensive assistant. He might be willing to do this if we draft the right PG prospect.

You list all these possibilities - but fail to provide answers as to why.

I definitely do not want Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. I read an article that basically said Kareem is one of the most difficult people on earth to get along with, is a horrible coach and mentor (so much so that Lakers centers, within a month or two, hated him). Patrick Ewing would be okay sentimentally, but he hasn't done much with D12.

Honestly: Hakeem Olajuwon's work with both Kobe's postgame and D12's postgame has been impressive...he would be the guy I would target.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Just watched Mike Brown interview on ESPN. Love the way he talks (exaggerates his word but its ok). Talks direct to the point and doesnt see it a a chance to make it a comedy show.

Dantoni stutters crack jokes always mumbles the word "defensively"....."We have to get better defzzzzz, we know that." Ugh!!!!!

Whos left for us?