Should the Knicks buyout Jerome James?????????

kej718

Rookie
I think they should R. Morris looks like he can be a good player in the league, and then they could release Fred Jones or Dan Dickau, and sign our 2 draft picks.

J Jeffries can also be packaged in a deal with Fred Jones or Dan Dickau for another play maybe a SG, but who is really out there?????????

I hope something is worked out so that we can keep both those guys on the roster because I like how they ball.

Trin_Starr

Starter
J Jeffries can also be packaged in a deal with Fred Jones or Dan Dickau for another play maybe a SG, but who is really out there?????????

I think that is the deal or something similar that isiah is trying to do with the bucks for Mo pete.

liquid347

Rookie
I wish they would buy out James, and trade Fred Jones for a pick or something. Dan Dickau could be a good role player on this team.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think they should R. Morris looks like he can be a good player in the league, and then they could release Fred Jones or Dan Dickau, and sign our 2 draft picks.

I hope something is worked out so that we can keep both those guys on the roster because I like how they ball.
Not that I think for one second James would ever outplay or out hustle R. Morris in a game, but please people stop basing a players performance in the Summer League to real NBA games.

Once again, Summer League is only an indication of the individual talents rookies have. This has no bearing of how they will perform against regular season starting lineups for 82 games.

Pre-season games are a better barometer because the will be playing against the best players in the league.

Look I try to be as optomistic as possible when it comes to this team, but often being realistic often conflicts with that optomisim. They're are two players on this roster that are untradeable ( not to be confused w/ untouchable) Jared Jefferies is not going anywhere, not just the fact that he had a bad season last year, but he has that trade kicker in his contract that was desighned to scare off the Wiz from resighning him. Look I live in Washington so I saw him often two seasons ago, and what we say last year is not all that he is capable of, but I seriously doubt he can be apart of any package not including David Lee.

Which brings me to our next untradable.... Jerome James....Where to start w/ this one. First off Isiah shouldv'e never ever ever ever should have sighned him for anything more that 1 million per, Kelvin Cato did more for us at the league minimum. Not to mention Diop was availale that same summer, and would've fit the whole getting younger philosophy, this is Pre Larry Brown so Isiah has to take the full blame for that. But not to let James off the hook at all, he comes into camp out of shape the summer after sighining his contract. Gets suspended the day after New Years for "Not Being Prepared to practice". Next year he comes into camp in shape but gets hurt in the first practice and is out most of the season, which I guess is just a matter of bad luck, but still is irritating. I can't say anything about him not attended the big man's camp because Eddy missed too, but I think he has a little something different to prove than Eddy does. And lastly the guy just flat out can't play basketball, he has the size and strength of a Pro center, but the Basket Ball IQ of a Pro Bowler ! Should we end this two year suffering this season? the answer is yes, buy him out, a playoff caliber team will sighn him as a third string center, someone like San Antonio, Houston, of even Portland ( great practice dummy for Oden). So best of luck to the Garden's King James (not Dolan but Jerome) and thanks for all the good times !

Question is Jerome James the worst Knick acqusition ever? Here are some canidates
Jerome James, Clerance Witherspoon, Howard Eisley, Luc Longley and one of my favorites Moochie Noris

nyk_nyk

All Star
I never really answered the initial question.

I don't think a buyout is necessary. He is a 7 footer and even though he'll be watching most of the time we can still use his fouls against some of the bigger centers in the league.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Look I try to be as optomistic as possible when it comes to this team, but often being realistic often conflicts with that optomisim. They're are two players on this roster that are untradeable ( not to be confused w/ untouchable) Jared Jefferies is not going anywhere, not just the fact that he had a bad season last year, but he has that trade kicker in his contract that was desighned to scare off the Wiz from resighning him. Look I live in Washington so I saw him often two seasons ago, and what we say last year is not all that he is capable of, but I seriously doubt he can be apart of any package not including David Lee.

Which brings me to our next untradable.... Jerome James....Where to start w/ this one. First off Isiah shouldv'e never ever ever ever should have sighned him for anything more that 1 million per, Kelvin Cato did more for us at the league minimum. Not to mention Diop was availale that same summer, and would've fit the whole getting younger philosophy, this is Pre Larry Brown so Isiah has to take the full blame for that. But not to let James off the hook at all, he comes into camp out of shape the summer after sighining his contract. Gets suspended the day after New Years for "Not Being Prepared to practice". Next year he comes into camp in shape but gets hurt in the first practice and is out most of the season, which I guess is just a matter of bad luck, but still is irritating. I can't say anything about him not attended the big man's camp because Eddy missed too, but I think he has a little something different to prove than Eddy does. And lastly the guy just flat out can't play basketball, he has the size and strength of a Pro center, but the Basket Ball IQ of a Pro Bowler ! Should we end this two year suffering this season? the answer is yes, buy him out, a playoff caliber team will sighn him as a third string center, someone like San Antonio, Houston, of even Portland ( great practice dummy for Oden). So best of luck to the Garden's King James (not Dolan but Jerome) and thanks for all the good times !

Question is Jerome James the worst Knick acqusition ever? Here are some canidates
Jerome James, Clerance Witherspoon, Howard Eisley, Luc Longley and one of my favorites Moochie Noris
You forgot Steve Francis. Weatherspoon was a good rebounder and defender for us during his tenure.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player

Thomas did go after Diop, DIOP signed with the Mavs instead. Remember when Zeke signed James, the Knicks had no center on the roster. Their tallest player i believe was Maurice Taylor. We had to sign a BIG, it just happened that he was a bust, but to cry that he is paid too much is ridiculous when he is, discounting people on their rookie contracts, one of the lowest paid Bigs in the game. He signed for the MLE. He is not getting ludicrous amount of change. The reason he is un-tradeable is because he hasn't done shyte since coming to the Knicks. A lot of that has been because of his weight issue which may have caused the injuries over the past 2 seasons. Not every signing works out, every team, EVERY TEAM, has a group of people on their team that they paid a lot of money too and haven't performed, that's the way of the game.
As far as buying him out... I would wait to see what he did over the summer, how he has worked out and tried to get into shape. See how he performs in training camp and if he plays real well in training camp, then have him as EC's backup for the first part of the season. If he continues to show improvement then trade his azz for a need. However, he comes into training camp his same over-weight self... BUYOUT

nyk_nyk

All Star
Thomas did go after Diop, DIOP signed with the Mavs instead. Remember when Zeke signed James, the Knicks had no center on the roster. Their tallest player i believe was Maurice Taylor. We had to sign a BIG, it just happened that he was a bust, but to cry that he is paid too much is ridiculous when he is, discounting people on their rookie contracts, one of the lowest paid Bigs in the game. He signed for the MLE. He is not getting ludicrous amount of change. The reason he is un-tradeable is because he hasn't done shyte since coming to the Knicks. A lot of that has been because of his weight issue which may have caused the injuries over the past 2 seasons. Not every signing works out, every team, EVERY TEAM, has a group of people on their team that they paid a lot of money too and haven't performed, that's the way of the game.
As far as buying him out... I would wait to see what he did over the summer, how he has worked out and tried to get into shape. See how he performs in training camp and if he plays real well in training camp, then have him as EC's backup for the first part of the season. If he continues to show improvement then trade his azz for a need. However, he comes into training camp his same over-weight self... BUYOUT
The one thing I've always hated about James was that when he did get a chance to play, he never relished the opportunity. He would come in the game and collect 2 quick fouls and have the nerve to be smiling like he's having fun.

He just doesn't seem have the will to want to be better. I highly doubt he's conditioning and training right now. James had a good playoff series against a Sacramento team that didn't have anyone that matched his size. Other than that, he's not quick to a loose ball or even interested in guarding people in the post. I would say buy him out but we can use his size against some of the bigger centers in the league.

They need to make him earn his money.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I say if he comes into camp out of shape again we suspend his sorry fat ass. That way the fat f*ck can't play basketball anywhere else. Maybe someday he'll learn that it is a great privilege to be able to play in the NBA.

Jerome Jamoes getting 5 mill a season is a ludacris amount ! dollar for dollar he's the game's least most productive player, I love the Knicks, and I'm a big IT fan, but there is no mistaking he's over paid. Yes it is true that every team gets burned by a sighning at some point, but lets be real here Jerome James is a complete bust, it's not just his on the court performance, it's the fact he is not tried to change the perception of himself as a lazy player. Even if Jerome James comes into camp in shape, no team will take him, and the reason why is beacuse of how much he makes, I'll give you a big that is making less than Jerome..... Jackie Butler, who was on the squad when we sighned him, also Diop sighned w/the Mavs after the Knicks got James, and Diop also makes less money than Jerome each season.

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer
The ship has sailed, gotta get rid of this guy, hes a not a source of motivation for the team, let me sit on the bench and get paid. Hes freakin Carl Pavano!! He plays good for like 3-4 games then packs it in. Pathetic. We all blame Isiah for this, but seriously he should get most of the slack, isiah didnt sign him up to rot in the bench.

Kiyaman

Legend
Somehow I see PF-Zack Randolph Meshing better with Jerome James at the Center, rather than Eddy Curry. Especially with SF-Q.Richardson peremeter shooting or SF-Balkman slashing to the hoop.
Those (highlighted) Four Frontcourt players would be easier for Mark Aquire to get meshing-chemisrty from on both sides of the court than singlely trying to improve all of Curry missing talents to become a tandem with Zack.

Dont be suprise when you see a better frontcourt Tandem in "C-Lee & PF-Zack" in the lineup, or "C-Curry & PF-Lee" rather than this Curry & Zack lineup thats being advertized this offseason...

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
they hav to buy him out he is a waste of a roster space when he plays he plays 5 minutes than sits and he is the worst player on the team

Toons

is the Bo$$
i dont think we should buy ouy jj, i think he will show enough improvement to grab the eye of another team....then we trade him

LJ4ptplay

Starter
JJ doesn't care. He got his money and he's happy. He should be booed every time he takes the court. Maybe that will motvate his fat ass to play harder. He's also become the comic relief of the Knicks. Notice how every time he scores a couple of baskets the bench is laughing and joking? It pisses me off when he waives his hand to Isiah to take him out after only playing for 5 minutes. He is the exact opposite of Lee and Balkman. The Garden needs to continue cheering every time Lee and Balkman come onto the court and boo every time James comes on the court. Yet, the Garden cheers him when he scores a couple of baskets in a row. He shouldn't deserve applause until he starts playing hard every minute he's on the floor. I will be angry if JJ is still on the team and Demetrius Nichols or some other player is not because we have too many players on our roster.

O.K. I'm done complaining about Jerome James for a while. Just needed to vent my frustration over that fat, lazy P.O.S.

Kiyaman

Legend
JJ doesn't care. He got his money and he's happy. He should be booed every time he takes the court. Maybe that will motvate his fat ass to play harder. He's also become the comic relief of the Knicks. Notice how every time he scores a couple of baskets the bench is laughing and joking? It pisses me off when he waives his hand to Isiah to take him out after only playing for 5 minutes. He is the exact opposite of Lee and Balkman. The Garden needs to continue cheering every time Lee and Balkman come onto the court and boo every time James comes on the court. Yet, the Garden cheers him when he scores a couple of baskets in a row. He shouldn't deserve applause until he starts playing hard every minute he's on the floor. I will be angry if JJ is still on the team and Demetrius Nichols or some other player is not because we have too many players on our roster.

O.K. I'm done complaining about Jerome James for a while. Just needed to vent my frustration over that fat, lazy P.O.S.

Players like Malik Rose, Jerome James, and Jared Jefferies best value on this Knick-Team lies in their performance in Practice.
Eddy Curry & Zack is not going to walk over Jerome James & Malik Rose in Practice. Lee & Balkman need Jared Jefferies defense up in their face to improve their offense in practice.

As for Nate Robinson he has Leadership, Heart, and Energy, that cant be coached into any player, he was born with that and this Knick Team and its coaches need to be aware of this.

Now Fred Jones and Dickau compared with Rookies Morris, Chandler, and Nichols whom Summer League Performances is looking like Future Role-Players in the NBA is up to Isiah decision Making after the Preseason Games.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player

problem is JJ13 showed the same thing when seattle re-signed him in 2000... remember Layden tried to go after him hard that summer... then he was never productive in SEA... the guy plays one season per contract... IT should have seen this coming... I'd rather take you and a bag of flaming sh*t to back up EC than JJ... he is there to collect his check... foul and wave... 5 mil per year... for a guy with career averages of 4.3 pts, 3.1 rebs, 2.8 fouls, in 13 mins per night? IT shoulda seen this coming...

Somehow I see PF-Zack Randolph Meshing better with Jerome James at the Center, rather than Eddy Curry.

Jerome James does not have chemistry with anything... when he starts giving a sh*t about earning his paycheck then maybe we can fantasize about his chemistry with zbo...

FameMos

Benchwarmer
If i'm Zeke...JJ13 is running laps 4 daaaaaaayyyyz. I'd work him out soooo hard in practice i'd force him 2 retire lol