Jeremy Lin Trade Rumors: Could He End Up Back With New York Knicks?

I see theres still some Linsanity residue left over. I think the Rockets are ruining this poor guy by banking on his popularity more than his game. I havn't seen much of an improvement and that contract of his will have most teams running from him...if he dosen't take his game to the next level. First the Rockets cut him now they pay him too much money that no team will touch unless he plays up to his contract. One reason I wouldn't want him back is because he'll be more of an distraction then an asset. That contract he signed is going to haunt him.

He would be our 3rd string PG. The guy has no heart. Did u see him in the playoffs? He couldn't even dribble on Westbrook without losing it

I'll agree to disagree. He is young and yes he makes mistakes but he has heart and is much better than Pablo, and Felton, well, he needs to go elsewhere.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
He is about equal to Felton on offense, and much better than Felton on defense, and this is all the while he was playing on the team where he wasn't even the primary ballhandler, not to mention alongside a ballhog like James Harden.

He would easily be the best PG on this team but we would be stuck in the same situation with his salary.

He is about equal to Felton on offense, and much better than Felton on defense, and this is all the while he was playing on the team where he wasn't even the primary ballhandler, not to mention alongside a ballhog like James Harden.

He would easily be the best PG on this team but we would be stuck in the same situation with his salary.
He will probably clear waivers and then we can sign him for whatever we want to as long as he accepts.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
I'll agree to disagree. He is young and yes he makes mistakes but he has heart and is much better than Pablo, and Felton, well, he needs to go elsewhere.

He said he was 85% and decided not to play a year ago. He had a bruised chest and didn't play the whole series in the playoffs. Lin lacks a heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Summing up, Lin's "poison pill" contract might ultimately end up being poison for Lin himself.
That makes zero sense. The man is getting paid no matter what for three years and getting the windfall in the 3rd year. If by poison you mean millions and millions of dollars, sign me up

Kiyaman

Legend
the reason the KNiocks didnt sign Lin is because that 3rd year at 14 million we werent going to pay.. So what makes u think a year later, after a season of Lin playing average or below average, the Knicks want to change their minds now?? Lin's value is down and MSG doesnt need butts in the seats or else they wouldve signed him last season.. His value went down since last off-season.. i swear whoever writes these articles are retarded

u dont have to be a Jeremy Lin fan or rocket-scientist to know this article is BULL....,,

The Houston Rockets had a 45 win season with Lin playing all 82 games, averaging 32 minutes of playingtime, 13 pts, 6 ast, 3 rb, 1 stl, 3 turnovers, on 44% FGA, making 1 out of 3 from 3-ball line .. these are stats from a first full season NBA player. Did Lin rush to sign the Rockets first offer? NO! Do u think Lin have a NO Trade Clause in the Rockets 2nd offer? Hell Yeah!

As for Lin coming back to the New York Knicks organization, a team that broke off all communication with Lin the first day of the 2012 offseason. A interim GM Grunwald walking a tight rope of being FIRED (5-18 start), untill Lin-Sanity performance leading the point made all interim-Grunwald offseason pickups (Shump, Tyson, Jefferies, Novak) into (25+ minute) winning players in a 13-3 run.
There were to many games in MSG where the sell-out crowd only gave standing ovations to Lin & Tyson.
When Amare & Melo return, even Novak receive standing ovation over our two super-stars.
Lin's big mistake as a Knicks was wanting to win on defense creating the offense.
Which lead to a few games where Lin did not pass the ball to a no-defense ISO-Melo (Dolan's Goldenboy) ..
No more to b said.

The trio of "Mchale, Harden, and Lin" had a big misunderstanding the final 15 games of the regular-season.
It's a new team...

kinein

Benchwarmer
As far as I know, Jeremy Lin's hit on the cap will be $8.3 million these two upcoming seasons, not $5 million and then $15 million had the Knicks matched the Rockets' offer.

I think the wacky thing about all this is that Rox GM Daryl Morey is grabbing just about any attractive player he can find, but there is a disconnect between the players he's acquiring and compatibility with the Rox offensive system, which is maybe the most unorthodox in the league. Lin's strength is his midrange game, and Morey grabbed him to play in a "layups and threes" offensive system. When he then acquired James Harden, Lin's assignment was mainly shooting spot-up 3s, which was never a strength of his. Lin's midrange plays were all but muzzled in the Rockets offense.

The big negative with Lin, as I now see it, is while he's talked about improving his jump shot and left hand, the games simply don't bear this out. Lin's weaknesses haven't improved at all since joining the Rox. So either his ceiling is lower than first thought or his work ethic isn't as great as first thought. (If Lin were to stay on the Rockets, he MUST improve his 3pt shot.)

Lin also has developed some bad habits this past season. His jump shot release was a lot slower than it was with the Knicks, and defensively, Lin slacked off the latter part of the season. Although he'd never say it publicly, I really believe Lin was really uncomfortable playing under Coach Kevin McHale. (If you remember all those alley-oops Lin executed with the Knicks, he executed only one all season with the Rox. McHale really dislikes Lin trying "home run" plays.)

If you go to the Rockets forums, fans there want Lin gone. Coach McHale has benched him in the 4th quarter in games for playing poorly in the first three..... (I guess McHale never watched the Knicks-Sixers game on 3/21/2012.) And Ray Felton has made Knicks fans say "Jeremy who?" ..... I think Lin would be best off on a different team, but not necessarily the Knicks.

Summing up, Lin's "poison pill" contract might ultimately end up being poison for Lin himself.

Heavily biased post by Tkrieger.

There have been polls over and over ~ and a majority would still retain Lin over trading him.

There are old and new Rocket fans that want Lin.

Attachments

• 88374009.jpg
    88374009.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 16

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
.250 fg%, .167 3p%, 1:1 apg-to ratio, 4 ppg. These are Jeremy Lin's playoff achievements. Not only Felton, but even Beverley outplayed him and took over his minutes. This guy sucks big time when it comes down to playing under pressure, he may put 35 ppg in a RS game once in a while, but it's the post season that counts.

Kiyaman

Legend
the reason the KNiocks didnt sign Lin is because that 3rd year at 14 million we werent going to pay.. So what makes u think a year later, after a season of Lin playing average or below average, the Knicks want to change their minds now?? Lin's value is down and MSG doesnt need butts in the seats or else they wouldve signed him last season.. His value went down since last off-season.. i swear whoever writes these articles are retarded

No! that is not the reason why the Knicks did not resign Jeremy Lin .. Stop getting ur facts from Dolan's media.
Dolan's media never mention Melo averaging 17 points in Feb & March during the Lin-Sanity era.
I recall the last 10 games Jeremy Lin played as a Knicks, PG-Lin gave Melo & Amare equal shot attempts (13 or less) per game, giving us a 7-3 run .. Melo average 14 pts with 13 or less shot attempts, and Amare average 19 pts with 13 or less shot attempts in a 10 game span.

Melo was unable to score above 17 points,
during the Lin-Sanity era.
Sports writers started using the term "mediocre Melo" when on the court with Lin.
That is the reason why we never gave Jeremy Lin any offer on July 1st (Lin wouldve accepted Novaks contract to stay in New York to have the highest paid endorsement in the NBA) .. But we had no intentions on resigning Jeremy Lin's winning style that kept our Super-Star Melo averaging 17 points per game.

The 50th game of the season we put Lin & Amare on the injured-list for the remainder of the season.
Without Lin & Amare in the rotation Super-Star Melo went on to average 30 points in the last 17 games of the regular season, having three 40 point games (43, 42, and 39).

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Heavily biased post by Tkrieger.

There have been polls over and over ~ and a majority would still retain Lin over trading him.

There are old and new Rocket fans that want Lin.
There was a poll on this Knicks board to retain Lin.... Even a petition drive. Things changed when Lin signed that contract. (I think Knicks fans, NBA fans, and even Lin fans didn't expect a contract as big as what Morey offered him.)

I haven't seen such a poll with Lin on a Rockets boards, but if you read the posts themselves, especially on clutchfans.com, you will see a clear majority wanting either Patrick Beverley starting at point guard or Lin traded for a more-established player. I personally think Steve Blake would be an ideal fit for that team.

tiger0330

Legend
There was a poll on this Knicks board to retain Lin.... Even a petition drive. Things changed when Lin signed that contract. (I think Knicks fans, NBA fans, and even Lin fans didn't expect a contract as big as what Morey offered him.)

I haven't seen such a poll with Lin on a Rockets boards, but if you read the posts themselves, especially on clutchfans.com, you will see a clear majority wanting either Patrick Beverley starting at point guard or Lin traded for a more-established player. I personally think Steve Blake would be an ideal fit for that team.
Steve Blake lol A replacement for Lin, you just lost all credibility with me with that one. Morey, Harden and DH said they want to keep Lin and Asik so I expect the Rockets will give it at least until the next trade deadline in Feb 2014 to see if this works. If Lin can improve his jump shot dramatically this off season he'll be fine.

knicksin60

Starter
Top 5 most overrated NBA players in the last 10 years.

1.Andrew Bynum

2. Chris Bosh

3.Paul Pierce

4. Andre Iguodala

5. Jeremy Lin

kinein

Benchwarmer
Top 5 most overrated NBA players in the last 10 years.

1.Andrew Bynum

2. Chris Bosh

3.Paul Pierce

4. Andre Iguodala

5. Jeremy Lin

1. Depends on how the Cavs shake out once the season begins. I'm sure you'll be watching when Kyrie Bynum Jack and the rest square up against the Knicks.
This is 50/50 for the most part I think Bynum's a huge bust. When he had so much potential. Could he resurrect his career ? Sure, at the consternation of the fans in Philly but yes .. will he? I'm non-plussed since he's 300+lbs at the moment.

2. Bosh - Can you say NBA Champion x2

3. Pierce - Can you say NBA Champion

4. The guy is one of the best defensive players in the game and his offense is multi-dimensional, paired with the athleticism and physicality that is bred into his DNA - There is a reason he got a very, very sizeable salary and after the D12 signing his is the most important. Which is why a fully-loaded and exceedingly hot and fired-up GSW team will be a contender for years to come. Iguodala is a beast.

5. Making an average salary amongst point guards while shooting 40% in the final 30-35 games of last season. I think he is doing fairly well when you compare how he has performed with oh 30 other point guards in the NBA.

I'm not going to do a full break-down and comparsion of stats and numbers since, based on your post ...

none of that matters, not championships, not statistics, not game-impact, teamwork, leadership. none of that matters to you based on this post. After Bynum you went the full monte. The train has fallen off the bridge. Have a good day.

Off-Season Heresy!
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddf45khkd/they-make-way-too-much/