Our future is bright even if we don't trade Zach!

New New York

Quiet Storm
In fact I now see the value in Zach's contract. All we have to do is go back to how ol Isiah was able to acquire Jamal Crawford to see the reason for my new found optimisim. We got Jamal with expiring contracts and most importantly without giving up picks (Isiah ofcourse would turn those over to the Bulls in the Curry trade). As I said in another Thread the Knicks will have 42 million Dollars in expiring contracts that season. Meaning we have some nice sign and trade options. Joe Johnson is my favorite free agent target that season (Yup over Lebron, D Wade, Chris Bosh and Co.) I imagine he will want around 17 million a season, so we offer Zach's contract in a sign and trade, unlike the Jamal trade we probably will have to give up a pick or maybe a young player we might have drafted between now and then. Or because they have Josh Smith they may have no need for Zach plus two expiring contracts are easier to deal then one big one so we can give them Jamal and Jefferies in for Joe Johnson. Eddy and Jamal equal a 20 million Dollar salary in a sign and trade, so if Clevland wanted to get someting for Lebron not just let him go to Brooklyn with no compensation (if he were to opt out and most of us know he wont).

Ok so here is the best part....because Donnie is protecting the cap at all cost for that season, a sign and trade will keep us under the cap. So imagine landing a superstar player and still being under the cap after that!

Again I know we will have to come off atleast one pick and probably a young player for this to work but there is some real hope even if Donnie does not make moves this season or even next.

Mr. New New York's 2011 Dream Knicks

Rubio(rookie salary)
Joe Johnson (17 million per season)
Wilson(rookie salary)
Danilo (Rookie contract)
Camby (MLE contract)

Nate (6 million per)
David Lee (10 million)
couple othe players to fill the roster

Mike Dantoni COY and Donnie Exec of the Year!

Paul1355

All Star
ehh he might go sooner than you think, maybe next offseason or possibly the end of the trade deadline if he does good this year to increase his value.

yea, I See them keeping him this year, maybe a trade come feb, or next off season on draft night. I just feel as if they were gonna trade him, dude would be gone by now. ya heard/.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
I have faith in our management.

To get Rubio, we would have to suffer for another year.

Time for Wilson to step up

dre48ny

Rotation player
I can't take him over LeBron or Wade, but if that is our only option he'd be a great player to have on the roster. All 3 players know D'Antoni and we could land one of them. DWade and Bron (olympics) and Johnson (Suns).
If the Knicks can't draft Rubio a PG and a defensive C are a necessity next season.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
well if anything if we do have another bad season i just atlaest want people like the cock lol chandler and lee 2 improve there game more i want just all of knicks players 2 get use 2 mikes system so when we do get rubio he atleast has something 2 work with

Paul1355

All Star
I have faith in our management.

To get Rubio, we would have to suffer for another year.

Time for Wilson to step up

agreed with management, it's two brains instead of one dimented one in Isiah. But you can't be banking on the fact that the Knicks will get Rubio next year, any team that looks at him will be drooling over his skill and finesse, court vision etc. And nice sig, looks good.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The one issue I have with Walsh is he's ether trying something that is incredibly difficult or selling Knicks fans a dream. I say incredibly difficult because it's nearly impossible to stay competitive and cut salary at once. Just look at the Grizzlies. They threw away their season to cut costs and I respect that. I guess Knick fans would rather live in a dream world.

If I were GM I'd have the Redman motto, if you gonna be a monkey be a GORILLA! **** it, every one goes! Crawford, Randolph, Curry, Richardson, Lee, PEACE OUT, Waive BY! Ship all of them out for expiring contracts, picks and cash. I'd have the cap of 2009 down to 20 million. I'd move Marbury to the two and let him shoot to his hearts content one finally year, then buy some Italian leather luggage and a one way tickets to Milan.

Trades: Work a deal with the Cavs to bring us Ben Wallace and Wally, for Crawford and Zach.
Lee, Collins and a pick to Denver for JR Smith & Linas Kleiza

That's my line up. Defense, speed and expiring contracts.

Duhon, Robinson
Marbury, Smith, Richardson
Chandler, Gallinari
Keleiza, Rose
B.Wallace

This is what Thomas was trying to do, have a line up of three to four guys that can score at will but are not one dimensional. All these guys play D.

Kiyaman

Legend
Crawford was a sign and trade on the last day of restricted free agents.
Chicago was not going to resign Crawford.
The Knicks gave up two expiring contracts (Mutombo & F.Williams) for Crawford and the Junk yard Dog 4 year contract. Super Dum move by Isiah.

Having another season of Zach Randolph means:

Ready 4 a repeat of da 2007-8 23 win season LOL!
Ready 4 a repeat of da 2007-8 season

Paul1355

All Star
Crawford was a sign and trade on the last day of restricted free agents.
Chicago was not going to resign Crawford.
The Knicks gave up two expiring contracts (Mutombo & F.Williams) for Crawford and the Junk yard Dog 4 year contract. Super Dum move by Isiah.

Having another season of Zach Randolph means:

Ready 4 a repeat of da 2007-8 23 win season LOL!

How bad did we need Mutombo the past few years? A defensive post shot blocker, i miss a guy like that on this team.

Kiyaman

Legend
Donnie Walsh LIED about his 2010 Plan, and refuse to comment on why he refuse the Zach to Clipper trade in his comment to ticket holders. He prove to be a great politician (LIAR).
Giving up Zach Randolph $48 million dollar contract and a first round draft pick for a $2 million contract (Brevin Knight) in return show the process of rebuilding a winning Knick team for the 2010 Plan. Why? because Marbury, Rose, Q.Rich, and James high expensive contract woud not be on the salary cap after the 2009-10 season. That would be $43 million removed from the annual $93 million salary cap, plus you can subtract Zach Randolph annual salary from that too.
The Celtics gave up first round draft picks to get "Ray Allen and KG" to go alongside of Paul Pierce to win a Championship.
Giving up a first round draft pick with Zach Randolph to assure you a selection of the 2009 and the 2010 free agent market is a dream come true for this Knick Team. Which Donnie Walsh refuse to comment on...

jpz17

Starter
The one issue I have with Walsh is he's ether trying something that is incredibly difficult or selling Knicks fans a dream. I say incredibly difficult because it's nearly impossible to stay competitive and cut salary at once. Just look at the Grizzlies. They threw away their season to cut costs and I respect that. I guess Knick fans would rather live in a dream world.

If I were GM I'd have the Redman motto, if you gonna be a monkey be a GORILLA! **** it, every one goes! Crawford, Randolph, Curry, Richardson, Lee, PEACE OUT, Waive BY! Ship all of them out for expiring contracts, picks and cash. I'd have the cap of 2009 down to 20 million. I'd move Marbury to the two and let him shoot to his hearts content one finally year, then buy some Italian leather luggage and a one way tickets to Milan.

Trades: Work a deal with the Cavs to bring us Ben Wallace and Wally, for Crawford and Zach.
Lee, Collins and a pick to Denver for JR Smith & Linas Kleiza

That's my line up. Defense, speed and expiring contracts.

Duhon, Robinson
Marbury, Smith, Richardson
Chandler, Gallinari
Keleiza, Rose
B.Wallace

This is what Thomas was trying to do, have a line up of three to four guys that can score at will but are not one dimensional. All these guys play D.

Linas Kleiza is a SF

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Linas Kleiza is a SF

Kleiza is listed as a forward/guard, but is 6'8 (a half an inch shorter then Lee) and averages nearly 7 boards a game. He can play three positions. He scored 41 points in a game against the Jazz last season. The kid's a beast. This is a moot point because the Knicks probably wont go after him any way, but he'd be a hell of a starting PF for us.

metrocard

Legend
We wait a decade to get under the cap, and Joe Johnson is suppose to lead this team to the glory land?

Worst idea ever.