Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Houston Rockets 7:30 10/09/2017 [Preseason Game #4]

rady

Administrator
Staff member

header.jpg

HOU.gif
AT.png
NYK.gif

(2-0) -- (0-3)

VenueTVTIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NYNBA TV, MSG7:30 PM EST

Possible starters:
(i have no idea what Horny's starting 5 will look like tonight)

2772.png
201563.png

200782.png
203124.png

203991.png
1626195.png

201935.png
203501.png

101108.png
1627758.png

Injury Report

Houston RocketsNew York Knicks
Ryan Anderson - Hip (QUEST)Pretty much everyone is (QUEST)
Tarik Black - Knee (QUEST)-
Cameron Oliver - Hand (QUEST)-
-

tiger0330

Legend
KP, Frank won't play. Baker will play. I would expect to see Baker play a lot at PG, if he can hold down the spot playing defense, not turning the ball over and some playmaking the decision to release Jarrett Jack we'll be easier to make.

Thanks for the game thread, Rady.

Even without KP and Ntilikina, this team needs a better effort tonight. Never seen a team look like they were tanking in the preseason before.

Really like what I'm seeing from Dotson so far. Spark at both ends of the court. Playing within the flow of the game. Very much a Shumpert-type feel from him.

2nd quarter unit of Jack, Dotson, Lee, O'Quinn, and Beasley playing well. We've come all the way back to only down 49 - 47.

Just read that Philly is giving Embiid 5 years and 148 million. Dude has only been healthy for 31 games in 2 years. I wonder if he will even play 200 games over those 5 years.

tiger0330

Legend
59-51 Rox at the half. Knicks made a run in the 2nd qtr keyed by Quinn and Beasley. Beasley is the leading scorer with 15 and Quinn with a couple of nice dimes and D. I'm all for starting Beas and Quinn if thats the way to win.

tiger0330

Legend
Just read that Philly is giving Embiid 5 years and 148 million. Dude has only been healthy for 31 games in 2 years. I wonder if he will even play 200 games over those 5 years.
If he can stay healthy the Sixers are a better team with him. Gut reaction is its insane to give that kind of dough who has been so injury prone but for that dough I'm sure the doctors assured the Sixers his past injuries don't represent career ending problems.

Broadway

All Star

If he can stay healthy the Sixers are a better team with him. Gut reaction is its insane to give that kind of dough who has been so injury prone but for that dough I'm sure the doctors assured the Sixers his past injuries don't represent career ending problems.

Get ready because the rate to extend #kporzee will be greater, like probably 5yrs $165mil

Get ready because the rate to extend #kporzee will be greater, like probably 5yrs $165mil

Maybe, but Embiid, even though he rarely plays, when he does play he is a 20 ppg, 8 rpg, and 2.5 bpg player in less than 30 minutes a game. KP is only an 18 ppg, 7 rpg, and 2 bpg player in over 30 minutes per game. Not sure KP gets a higher salary since Embiid's deal clearly is with Philly completely ignoring the injury aspect of his career.

tiger0330

Legend
Baker is not a PG. Knicks are in trouble if they have to rely on him to play big minutes at the point. Not even sure he's a SG either since he's reluctant to shoot.

and1

Rotation player
uh oh, knicks trying to mount a late game comeback. holding the rockettes to just 2 points so far in the 4th.

Broadway

All Star
Maybe, but Embiid, even though he rarely plays, when he does play he is a 20 ppg, 8 rpg, and 2.5 bpg player in less than 30 minutes a game. KP is only an 18 ppg, 7 rpg, and 2 bpg player in over 30 minutes per game. Not sure KP gets a higher salary since Embiid's deal clearly is with Philly completely ignoring the injury aspect of his career.

It's based on % of Salary Cap figure and potentially a player reaching a prerequisite in the clause of maximum extension. What I posted might be on the generous side actually.

The main point is if Embiid and Wiggins get all the coin so will #kporzee if we want him to remain a Knick. It's going to cost us heavily

and1

Rotation player
lol well so much for that late game comeback!
anybody hear that hot mic criticism from hahn and wally about KP?

Broadway

All Star
Hornacek was pissed(I even read his lips on the last 3ptr, he went..."Really WOW!"), not sure if D'Antoni liked it either but he left Harden in so who knows. Super risky to do things like that but oh well I guess