Other NBA games and League

Kiyaman

Legend
Looking at Markkanen stats, plus receiving the Bulk minutes from the injury n suspension of Mirotic n Portis .. Markkanen's minute played are the same bulk of minutes KP receive last season, the big difference in receiving the bulk minute are rookie Markkanen are on the path of having a double-double rookie season.

Broadway

All Star
Joel Embiid made the final go ahead basket for Philly to walk away with the win in Dallas. It was a "grown man" move he made too. Mavs had a chance at the free throw line to tie but Yogi choked. Simmons is really physically and athletically taking advantage of his opponents, as of now he is ROY and may stay that way. DSJ played okay but tonight it was the Simmons and Embiid show, McConnell has some moments himself.

Kyrie is looming, Stevens appears to be working his magic making Kyrie become an All-Around player without losing his star power. He closed out the Heat tonight and watch out he'll play himself into a top MVP candidate.

Cleveland got embarrassed by the Pelicans. If you look at what Cousins and Davis do on a nightly basis it becomes scary to think what they could do if they got the back court in order.

tiger0330

Legend
Joel Embiid made the final go ahead basket for Philly to walk away with the win in Dallas. It was a "grown man" move he made too. Mavs had a chance at the free throw line to tie but Yogi choked. Simmons is really physically and athletically taking advantage of his opponents, as of now he is ROY and may stay that way. DSJ played okay but tonight it was the Simmons and Embiid show, McConnell has some moments himself.

Kyrie is looming, Stevens appears to be working his magic making Kyrie become an All-Around player without losing his star power. He closed out the Heat tonight and watch out he'll play himself into a top MVP candidate.

Cleveland got embarrassed by the Pelicans. If you look at what Cousins and Davis do on a nightly basis it becomes scary to think what they could do if they got the back court in order.
Nice post. Simmons did not take one 3 name me one starting PG that doesn't take one 3 during a game. I think you're right he has no jump shot but it may not matter. The NBA being what it is may figure that out and adjust so lets see if Simmons can continue his hot start into Dec. I said it previously Fultz may not be able to get TJs minutes when he comes back, he's a real spark for the Sixers.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nice post. Simmons did not take one 3 name me one starting PG that doesn't take one 3 during a game. I think you're right he has no jump shot but it may not matter. The NBA being what it is may figure that out and adjust so lets see if Simmons can continue his hot start into Dec. I said it previously Fultz may not be able to get TJs minutes when he comes back, he's a real spark for the Sixers.

That's what i like bout Simmons he perform to all his strength to win, Simmons is not a follower of shooting 3's or unnecessary cross-over dribble like the majority of today PG.
Rookie Simmons is a all-around WINNER! Which explains why he sat out all of last season for a decade Lottery team.
The 2017-18 Philly 76ers team reminds me of the old Orlando Magic team having Shaq n Penny Hardaway.

Kiyaman

Legend
Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
ESPN has a story saying that Hornacek is coaching for his job tonight. I don't believe it, because I'm starting to believe Hornacek remains as our head coach to ensure the full blown tank this season. Although, if they did fire Hornacek and put Rambis back in as interim head coach, that might make Mills and Perry even more comfortable with the tank.

If we actually wanted to pursue a head coach who could turn the ship around, who is out there? I like Kiya's idea of Mark Jackson, if only because he would come in and immediately shake things up. David Blatt is back coaching in Europe, I guess, but not sure he is a good fit for NYC. JVG is a pipe dream.

If only we had hired Thibs..

It doesn't matter how many games tank-tank Jeff Hornacek win adding Frank n WHG to the rotation .. He still is on a short leash by me to be FIRED ASAP !!!

tiger0330

Legend
What in the world. Lebrons Cavs lose to our Knicks and the world champs lose to the Pistons 115-107. Warriors shot 59% from the floor but still lose by 10, 25 turnovers did them in. Avery Bradley has been a great pickup for them, they should see if they can trade Reggie though, he's a bonehead not burning some clock on one play at the end. Warriors announcers were saying Ish was the POG, Reggie did have 20 but he's a low IQ player.

Broadway

All Star
What in the world. Lebrons Cavs lose to our Knicks and the world champs lose to the Pistons 115-107. Warriors shot 59% from the floor but still lose by 10, 25 turnovers did them in. Avery Bradley has been a great pickup for them, they should see if they can trade Reggie though, he's a bonehead not burning some clock on one play at the end. Warriors announcers were saying Ish was the POG, Reggie did have 20 but he's a low IQ player.

Cavs are downright awful. I said I liked the deal for the Celtics better overall in terms of team construction. Cavs have lost to the Magic, Nets, Pelicans, Knicks in less than 2 weeks. Lebron is out of shape and old and here's where you see time catching up to him because he can't start out the gate fast anymore. Takes time to get the old car revved up. It's why he's been begging publicly for a shorter schedule. Funny thing is he was constantly showing videos on social media of him working out like a mad man during the summer yet here we are!

mafra

Legend
Cavs are downright awful. I said I liked the deal for the Celtics better overall in terms of team construction. Cavs have lost to the Magic, Nets, Pelicans, Knicks in less than 2 weeks. Lebron is out of shape and old and here's where you see time catching up to him because he can't start out the gate fast anymore. Takes time to get the old car revved up. It's why he's been begging publicly for a shorter schedule. Funny thing is he was constantly showing videos on social media of him working out like a mad man during the summer yet here we are!

I think CLE went 12-15 after the all-star break last season. LJ is battling Father Time. That's evident. But CLE has a bunch of new guys trying to blend in.... they don't have IT yet.... Lebron doesn't care about regular season anymore (no need for top seed); he only cares about getting team ready for playoffs (and making sure his body is fresh come April).

I wouldn't read too much into fact the Cavs have started slowly.

tiger0330

Legend
I think CLE went 12-15 after the all-star break last season. LJ is battling Father Time. That's evident. But CLE has a bunch of new guys trying to blend in.... they don't have IT yet.... Lebron doesn't care about regular season anymore (no need for top seed); he only cares about getting team ready for playoffs (and making sure his body is fresh come April).

I agree, I wouldn't make any predictions about the Cavs until IT is back. You expect the Cavs to struggle losing someone like Kyrie. The Warriors have lost 3 games and it's not Nov. yet, last year they didn't lose their 3rd game until Dec. is anyone predicting they won't be in the NBA finals next year. The Knicks have really looked good the last 2 games but they had about a .500 record until that Xmas game in Boston last year and then nose dived. But for a couple of months I think we were hopeful about making the playoffs last year.

Kiyaman

Legend
I agree, I wouldn't make any predictions about the Cavs until IT is back. You expect the Cavs to struggle losing someone like Kyrie. The Warriors have lost 3 games and it's not Nov. yet, last year they didn't lose their 3rd game until Dec. is anyone predicting they won't be in the NBA finals next year. The Knicks have really looked good the last 2 games but they had about a .500 record until that Xmas game in Boston last year and then nose dived. But for a couple of months I think we were hopeful about making the playoffs last year.

I dont know u have to raise some questions bout the Cavs they're definitely on a slump they just had 2 consecutive 20 pt loss games, unless they make some major changes to their roster before the deadline the playoffs maybe questionable with Thomas out.
The Cavs are not that good with the new pieces they added this season ..
Father Time got Wade .. Derrick rose is trash .. Calderon is a loser .. Kover is garbage .. and Jeff green sucks.
Maybe I am wrong but it seems like every team that gets Jeff Green gets worse.

Broadway

All Star

I would read into it and there are articles from others suggesting others should too. Cleveland is a bad basketball team right now. They already had a "team meeting" and right after...off another loss get handled at home by the Pacers.

They have a Top 5 worse defense in the NBA and unless they somehow they make another trade their roster is what it is...players who really don't play much D(Rose/Wade/Korver/Green)

The great defensive stopper Crowder comes off the bench. I think Cleveland will eventually start winning some games but they won't run the table like the past. They may struggle to be a Top 4 team in the East.

mafra

Legend
D-Mitchell erupts for 28.... our man Rubio scores 30. So glad we decided not to deal Rose for Rubio. (Sarcasm).

Broadway

All Star
D-Mitchell erupts for 28.... our man Rubio scores 30. So glad we decided not to deal Rose for Rubio. (Sarcasm).

Rubio would've looked a little differently here, our team isn't as cohesively structured as Utah's. He's definitely improved his game and he would be the best pg we've had in yrs. I'm not mad we passed on trading for him. Mitchell is playing like a Top 5 rook right now and based on what I've seen thus far this is how I'd rank them

Simmons
Markannen
Tatum
Mitchell
Kuzma
DSJ
Fox
Ball
Brooks
Leaf
Bell
Jackson
Monk
Jackson
Knits
Isaac
Fultz

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend

Ha Ha Ha Rubio .. no thank u ..let Utah Jazz have him, their west coast b.ball culture is better for Rubio .. The East would eat Rubio up alive

tiger0330

Legend
One of the other guys we passed on Malik Monk. One game but he looked great esp in that 4th qtr.

On Wednesday, Malik “You Are Going To Regret Not Drafting Me” Monk treated the Milwaukee Bucks like they were players for the North Carolina Tarheels. The 19-year rookie broke out of a shooting slump (9-of-32 over his last three games) and scored a career-high 25 points (10-of-17 shooting) in 23 minutes off the bench. 14 of those 24 came during a four-minute stretch of the fourth quarter; 16 of those 24 made up the Hornets first 18 points of the final quarter.

“I can score,” the 19-year old Monk said with a shrug and a laugh after the victory. “I like shooting the ball, but attacking is going to help open everything else for my teammates.”

As for those teammates, Kemba Walker had 26, Dwight Howard continued his impressive journey to redemption with 17 and 11 and fellow rookie (and former Ballislife All-American and my fellow Seminole) Dwayne Bacon had 10, including some clutch buckets during the Malik Monk show.

The victory ruined a career night by the Bucks’ Khris Middleton, who put up 43 points and 7 assists.