Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Last nights game Melo did play is heart out..........But just because he played his heart out there are still times that he is double teamed that he just does not pass the ball.....But then if your Melo the 2 guys to pass too most of the time are Felton and JR and they will just shoot and miss anyway......

Im not sure what your point was but you solidified mine. I'd rather have Melo shoot out of a double team than have him give the ball to Jr & Felton. And no, that is not Melos fault. The Knicks have not given Melo anyone to trust, oh actually if Melo passed to Bargs I'd be cool and oh look at that he passed out of a double team last night TO BARGNANI and Bargs scored, the exact situation happened. This is not Melos fault people, time to look for a legitimate reason instead of an easy, yet asinine one.

mafra

Legend
I'm not sure why people keep harping on the fact that 'Melo doesn't pass enough... Look at these players on the court with him - would you pass to any of them? Melo is a FORWARD. It's not up to him to make others around him better. I admit, he's not Lebron or Bird. But he's still pretty darn good.

This is what brings me to my first problem with this team. THE GUARDS SUCK. I'm not using hyperbole here when I say this: A group of guards have to be amongst the worst set in the NBA, I'm talking bottom 5 in the league? Let's try to name teams that have a worst collection of guards than ours.

The problems with this team in the Carmelo era began, funny enough, 3 seconds after the smartest decision was made. Grabbing Tyson Chandler was a shrewd decision. Our options were limited and the fan base was tired of being told to wait another year. Holding out for hope we could land Paul or D-Will would've been foolish. After the lockout the rules changed, nobody is turning down 20-30 mil. But signing Chandler and not using the amnesty on AMAR'e was idiotic. It doomed Anthony's run i NY. Any fool understood that then, and we are all witnesses now to how lethal that choice was.

Melo-Amare-TC was never going to work, in a basketball sense. I realize STAT was electric when he first arrived, and i know we wanted a second star to help carry the offensive load. But we knew all along STAT had a 3-yr expiration date, and we already saw how we got swept against BOS with Melo-STAT. Dolan allowed loyalty to blind himself....

It was obvious... even more so since we were a team with NO PG. Keep Billups with Melo-TC. HIs contract runs out after season... We have money for another max.

The next foolish move also comes from the front office. Why is Chris SMith on this team? Why do we cater to JR? If the owner-GM-coach want to mock us with that tool on the roster... than why should we even care about this team?

Now... the next foolish decision: Not even talk to the arguably greatest bball coach in history? Phil Jax? Even if Woodson was halfway decent, this was still foolish.

It's hard to win with a coach like this. Felton should be the backup, getting 15 minutes a night. JR should be benched right now. I still don't know why we even brought him back.

With this coach, and these guards, Melo has no chance.

Kiyaman

Legend
Sometimes I question if you watch games or you just look at boxscores. If the team played how Melo has been playing then we would be looking at a very good team. "Captain Melo" is playing his heart out right now only to be crushed as these f**king losers do nothing to help.

I should b speechless ....

For a player that's been "playing his heart-out", came into the game in the 4th qtr. with 8 minutes remaining, Knicks down by 6 points. Woodson placed all 5 starters on the court to close-out the final 8 minutes of the game.
From 8 minutes to 4 minutes our starters were outscored by 15 points ..
with 3:43 remaining we were down by 21 points.
In those 4 minutes .. captain-Melo showed little to no comunication with coach, or with his starter-lineup.
All Melo's communication belong on the court with his teammates, not off the court with the press after a loss.
Dont Melo know how to be the MAN to say, "I'm putting these two losses on myself", and keep on steppin

If Woodson had any.............., he wouldve made the 5 starters stay on the court to the final seconds of the game.
Our starters need chemistry in the worst way .... it's not like Felton/Shump/JR/and captain Melo wasnt our crunchtime-closers in lastseason 54 wins.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
I agree with other posters that it is not Melos fault. He did play his heart out last night. He is our best rebounder right now, plays hard on the defensive side of the floor most of the time lately, and when he tryes to make his teammates better, they simply cant shoot.
Melo is not a problem, he is our best player and is a biggest asset, but other than Barg, nobody can score. Its pathetic how inept our guards are. When they struggle offensively, they get frastrated and dont play hard on D.
Why is JR in a starting lineup? Why is Felton getting more minutes than Pablo?
I will answer my own question. Because our coach is not a real coach. Mark my words, after he gets fired, he will never be a head coach in NBA.

skisloper

Starter

I should b speechless ....

For a player that's been "playing his heart-out", came into the game in the 4th qtr. with 8 minutes remaining, Knicks down by 6 points. Woodson placed all 5 starters on the court to close-out the final 8 minutes of the game.
From 8 minutes to 4 minutes our starters were outscored by 15 points ..
with 3:43 remaining we were down by 21 points.
In those 4 minutes .. captain-Melo showed little to no comunication with coach, or with his starter-lineup.
All Melo's communication belong on the court with his teammates, not off the court with the press after a loss.
Dont Melo know how to be the MAN to say, "I'm putting these two losses on myself", and keep on steppin

If Woodson had any.............., he wouldve made the 5 starters stay on the court to the final seconds of the game.
Our starters need chemistry in the worst way .... it's not like Felton/Shump/JR/and captain Melo wasnt our crunchtime-closers in lastseason 54 wins.

Woodson would never leave those guys on the court..he protects his inner circle...

and u know come film time it will be Prigs and Kenyon Martin who get called out in the game films....

One could only imagine the jokes about Woody;s loyalty to Felton , JR and Melo in the locker room....
this creates such an ugly environment...

For those who said big deal about signing Chris Smith just dont get that this creates a three ring circus what we call our NY Knicks........

JR " there is ni loyalty amongst players " sure just like he said if Lin got a big Knicks contract it would cause a bad situation in the Knicks Locker room...............I know I know we got JR CHEAP....

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I agree with other posters that it is not Melos fault. He did play his heart out last night. He is our best rebounder right now, plays hard on the defensive side of the floor most of the time lately, and when he tryes to make his teammates better, they simply cant shoot.
Melo is not a problem, he is our best player and is a biggest asset, but other than Barg, nobody can score. Its pathetic how inept our guards are. When they struggle offensively, they get frastrated and dont play hard on D.
Why is JR in a starting lineup? Why is Felton getting more minutes than Pablo?
I will answer my own question. Because our coach is not a real coach. Mark my words, after he gets fired, he will never be a head coach in NBA.
Who knows, D'Antoni is a head coach again.

LeFlume

All Star
I'm not sure why people keep harping on the fact that 'Melo doesn't pass enough... Look at these players on the court with him - would you pass to any of them? Melo is a FORWARD. It's not up to him to make others around him better. I admit, he's not Lebron or Bird. But he's still pretty darn good.

This is what brings me to my first problem with this team. THE GUARDS SUCK. I'm not using hyperbole here when I say this: A group of guards have to be amongst the worst set in the NBA, I'm talking bottom 5 in the league? Let's try to name teams that have a worst collection of guards than ours.

The problems with this team in the Carmelo era began, funny enough, 3 seconds after the smartest decision was made. Grabbing Tyson Chandler was a shrewd decision. Our options were limited and the fan base was tired of being told to wait another year. Holding out for hope we could land Paul or D-Will would've been foolish. After the lockout the rules changed, nobody is turning down 20-30 mil. But signing Chandler and not using the amnesty on AMAR'e was idiotic. It doomed Anthony's run i NY. Any fool understood that then, and we are all witnesses now to how lethal that choice was.

Melo-Amare-TC was never going to work, in a basketball sense. I realize STAT was electric when he first arrived, and i know we wanted a second star to help carry the offensive load. But we knew all along STAT had a 3-yr expiration date, and we already saw how we got swept against BOS with Melo-STAT. Dolan allowed loyalty to blind himself....

It was obvious... even more so since we were a team with NO PG. Keep Billups with Melo-TC. HIs contract runs out after season... We have money for another max.

The next foolish move also comes from the front office. Why is Chris SMith on this team? Why do we cater to JR? If the owner-GM-coach want to mock us with that tool on the roster... than why should we even care about this team?

Now... the next foolish decision: Not even talk to the arguably greatest bball coach in history? Phil Jax? Even if Woodson was halfway decent, this was still foolish.

It's hard to win with a coach like this. Felton should be the backup, getting 15 minutes a night. JR should be benched right now. I still don't know why we even brought him back.

With this coach, and these guards, Melo has no chance.

I agree with everything you just said. You hit the nail on the head, it's spot on.

Broadway

All Star
Are you guys ready for my contribution in this thread which will prove this is Melo's fault?....

Are you ready BIG BOYS?

Wait For It....Wait...Wait....Wait....Wait For It......Here It Comes...Wait...

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Are you guys ready for my contribution in this thread which will prove this is Melo's fault?....

Are you ready BIG BOYS?

Wait For It....Wait...Wait....Wait....Wait For It......Here It Comes...Wait...

Quite frankly, I couldnt give a f*ck.

Broadway

All Star
9daa7_TheDarkknightRisesBane.gif

March 20 2012.....

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/20/schmeelk-carmelos-admission-nothing-short-of-disgraceful/

Anthony said over the last three games, his focus ?was to have an energy that I haven?t had so far this season.?

?Especially on the defensive end,? Anthony said. ?Everybody on this team knows, everybody in the world knows I can score the basketball. It?s not that important to me. As far as on the defensive end, just showing my teammates that the effort is there, giving that extra effort. And as a result, everybody?s been feeding off of that."

Now in 2013 he's trying to distance himself with all this talking publicly as if he's putting in the work(cares) but no one else is(does)? He also set the tone this year talking about he's looking forward to free agency and being wooed? I mean what real leader does that? These guys aren't stupid and neither should fans of this franchise be. It's so easy to see through Carmelo...he's a garbage leader and a mediocre star at best, thus we see the results on and off the court.

Put this prehistoric dinosaur out of it's misery once and for all please....FOR THE LOVE OF NO LEADERSHIP, PERSONAL GLORY, GREED, AND PLEADING OF SYMPATHY

petescud

Starter
In other words the Knicks are screwed till we have direction. Are we going to commit to Melo, gut the roster and bring in Melo's friends again. Or can we trade Melo to a contender and grab a first and second rounder in return, and rebuild. We have so many players that are untradable, i'd hate to be Mills right now. Sadly although Shump is no D-wade, he is a player i'd hate to give up on and trade. But he's the only player we have that teams want. The way i see it, we're screwed till at least next season, maybe 2015

bigapple

Starter
JR need coach like Jax or POP he simply need Army disicipline if u dont play correct u wont be playing its simply

JR MELO 5 years

Smith's first trip to the playoffs during the 2006–2007 season, with the Nuggets, proved disappointing. Smith, a 39% three-point shooter during the regular season, failed to connect on any three-point shots in the first four games and was criticized for poor decision-making by coach George Karl. After game four, Karl informed reporters of his plan to bench Smith for all of game 5. Karl said, "He's done," and explained his frustrations over Smith's poor judgment to shoot a three late in the game, "I have no idea what planet that came from." Karl told the Associated press that he had drawn up the play to give the ball to either Allen Iverson or Carmelo Anthony. Karl did not stop there and continued venting over Smith's poor play, "And then, of course the one with eight seconds to go, from 50 feet, I just love the dignity of the game being insulted right in front of me.
On October 13, 2007, Smith was involved in an incident at a Denver nightclub. The Nuggets suspended him for the first three regular season games of 2007–2008 for his role in the incident. During the season, Smith averaged 12.3 points, 2.1 rebounds, and 1.7 assists.
In Smith's second trip to the playoffs, during a first-round matchup with the Lakers, he played 27.0 minutes, averaging 18.3 points per game on 53.5% shooting. He also had a 31.8% three-point shooting percentage; however, the Nuggets were swept in the first round.

Kiyaman

Legend
My Bad .... Melo & JR are going into their 8th season as teammates

How high would u evaluate their tag-team performance as Knicks?
A? this level belongs to Bron/Wade, West/Durant, Duncan/Parker, KG/Pierce
B?
C?
D?
F?

metrocard

Legend
Team Melo...

This is the official movement for Knick fans who believe Knicks can win a title with Carmelo Anthony.

Carmelo has the worst supporting cast in the NBA right now. Bottom level PG, injury prone average center. C level big men and C level SG's with a coach who doesn't emphasize defense(man to man and defending the pick and roll) and ball movement.

With a quality PG (Ty Lawson-Kemba Walker level) and quality center (Larry Sanders/Splitter level) the game will be alot easier for Melo.

Melo has done a great job picking up the slack by banging the boards and playing post defense

We saw him do that last year by guarding the likes of Marc Gasol, Taj Gibson and even Dwight Howard early in the 2012-13 season playing the PF position.

We need the right personal for Anthony.

LeBron has a defensive PG like Chalmers who can hit the open 3.
Chris Paul has a Griffin/Jordan frontcourt.
Even Anthony Davis has a quality backcourt in Holliday/Gordon/Evans with Ryan Anderson and Jason Smith to stretch out the floor at the 4/5.

Melo doesn't have these assets.

We can't blame Melo, our front office failed in the Melo trade...couldn't we have gotten Melo in the free agency?

The main culprits of the Knicks failing fall on the inability of these men to be GOOD at what they do, they're average at best.
Those men are:
Mike Woodson
Earl Smith III
Raymond Felton

Injury prone big men such as Stoudemire and Chandler, need to be exchanged as soon as possible. The miles on Chandler are limited and his career will come to a quick end soon because he started NBA ball at 17 years old, been in the league for almost 15 years and at 7"1 with his weak legs he won't be able to absorb that much NBA contact.

Chandler is a good rebounder and has great length to contest and disrupt shots. So does Camby. These type of centers can never stay healthy and Chandler will enter that stage in his career he'll be lucky to play 50 games in a season.

Holding on to Chandler as if he's capable of giving us more than 60 games in a season is foolish and will kill us. Trade him to a team that needs a part time center who can play limited minutes. Let us accept whatever we can in return.

We can rebuild this team within one season. We have cap space in 2015. We could be contenders by 2015-16.

We can do it under Melo. If he really wants to be a Knick, he'll understand we need to clear cap space and get a chance in the 2015 market.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
So in other words...

"TEAM KNICKS"

card has been turned in by those who contribute support of this....

WOW!!!!!!

False. "TEAM KNICKS" is the reason we're in this mess. "TEAM KNICKS" is dog**** and hasnt supplied or given Melo the proper help he needs.

Broadway

All Star
This has been the story of this guys career...Team/Franchise trying tot find players to suit him and his style of play instead of him making things easier for the organization and changing the way he plays for the benefit of them....

The day this organization stops catering to this "Team Melo(or any other player)" mentality you'll know it's on the right track.