BD is still the most valuable player to our team!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Remember Chris Duhon's great run with The Knicks when he first arrived?

Remember Raymond Felton's run that nealy landed him on the All Star team

Now remember how each of them crashed, the reason being...is that they both were playing way too much! Felton who had a backup in DJ Augustine played about 10 minutes more per game and Duhon who was a 3rd string PG for Chicago saw his minutes spike up by 16

Now due to superior talent and less of a shock with the minute increase Felton lasted longer playing at a high level, yet, in the weeks leading up to him being traded he was a noticebly different player!

Now consider that Jeremy Lin's numbers increased even more than that of Duhon and it becomes apparent that there is concern for Lin's increased minutes

So BD regaining form makes him very very important to us! We need Lin to be at around 30 minutes at this point so BD has to give us a solid 18 minutes

once BD gets back to form 18 minutes from him can produce 8 and 5 with 2 rebs, which would be huge!!!

tiger0330

Legend
Calling him the MVP is hyperbole. He will be valuable when he knocks the rust off and starts making some shots, not sure when that's going to be but I'm hoping after the break with some practices he can come off the bench and make an impact.

D'Antoni can prove his worth as a coach by juggling the lineup with all the options he has. I was thinking that JR could get some backup minutes at PG along with Shump and please get Novak more minutes, would love for him to get starters minutes and see what he can do. He has played good D and boxed out to get some rebounds, would love to see what he can do full time instead of as a role player.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Calling him the MVP is hyperbole. He will be valuable when he knocks the rust off and starts making some shots, not sure when that's going to be but I'm hoping after the break with some practices he can come off the bench and make an impact.

D'Antoni can prove his worth as a coach by juggling the lineup with all the options he has. I was thinking that JR could get some backup minutes at PG along with Shump and please get Novak more minutes, would love for him to get starters minutes and see what he can do. He has played good D and boxed out to get some rebounds, would love to see what he can do full time instead of as a role player.
Him being a starter is worth a shot. As you said, he won't hurt our defense and rebounding.