10/30/13 New York Knickerbockers vs the Milwackee Mucks (7:30 pm)

Kiyaman

Legend
Can't believe Knicks93 actually came to this thread to fight with Kiyaman...I hope moderators take note of this and send him a warning. I'm getting tired of the lameness. I made this thread for you guys and Knicks93 had to ruin it.

Metro leave that alone .. I stop reading when I read banned. Im not the first or 2nd member Knicksnice93 proposition with a banned ...............

The first NBA game of the season is on .. the returning D.Rose Bulls at Miami Heats on TNT now .... a Miami run in the 2nd qtr., score 41 - 20

Kiyaman

Legend
what record do u predict after 23 games? last season it was 18-5 now i think this team have stronger roster.

Lastseason we had a winning Old-Head coaching-staff roster, this season roster is a 50-50 leaning hard on the right call from HC woodson, maybe if we use a frontline of Amare, K-Mart, and Meta each game to gain team chemistry in our rotation, than I see us as an above .500 team.

Lastseason was 18-5 .. the season before that it was 8-15 on the road to ruin with the NBA highest salary-cap players.
LinSanity saved our dignity as a NBA team the next 7 games without Amare/Melo in the lineup to lead us to a 15-15 .500 record.

metrocard

Legend
Lastseason we had a winning Old-Head coaching-staff roster, this season roster is a 50-50 leaning hard on the right call from HC woodson, maybe if we use a frontline of Amare, K-Mart, and Meta each game to gain team chemistry in our rotation, than I see us as an above .500 team.

Lastseason was 18-5 .. the season before that it was 8-15 on the road to ruin with the NBA highest salary-cap players.
LinSanity saved our dignity as a NBA team the next 7 games without Amare/Melo in the lineup to lead us to a 15-15 .500 record.

As much people don't want to admit it, Kidd was a big part of the Knicks even when he was slumping. He was a legit head coach on the team, offensively and defensively. The ball moved better when he was on the floor and our defense never slacked with he played the perimeter. I know Kidd didn't hit the open shots accurately, but his intangibles was FLAWLESS.

Hopefully Metta World Peace can bring that to the team this season, theres too many guys on the roster that lack intangibles (Felton, JR Smith, Amare, Bargnani, Melo, etc)... we need a BALANCE...less guys being reliant on their scoring and more guys being reliant on their defense to CREATE scoring opportunities.

metrocard

Legend
TAT to suit up for season opener
OCTOBER 29, 2013 7:52:56 PM PDT
By Ian Begley

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Amar'e Stoudemire will suit up for the Knicks' season opener against Milwaukee on Wednesday. But he might not play in the game.

Mike Woodson plans to huddle with Stoudemire and Kenyon Martin on Wednesday to discuss his plan to alternate both players on a game-to-game basis. Woodson hopes that alternating Stoudemire and Martin will help them stay healthy over the course of the season. If Stoudemire plays on Wednesday, Martin would play Thursday against Chicago.

New York has taken a cautious approach with both players in the preseason. Stoudemire underwent a knee procedure over the summer -- his third operation in the past 12 months -- and was limited to just 29 games in the regular season last season due to knee ailments. Martin is still feeling the effects of an ankle injury he suffered last April.

In an interview on ESPN New York 98.7 FM's "The Stephen A. Smith & Ryan Ruocco Show," Woodson said both Stoudemire and Martin will be limited to 10 to 15 minutes per game early in the season. If both players stay healthy, their minutes might grow as the season progresses.

MORE POST-UPS? The Knicks set an NBA record for 3-point attempts and makes last season. But it doesn't sound as if they're going to break their own record this year.

Woodson told Smith and Ruocco that he expects to use more post-ups this season with Metta World Peace and Andrea Bargnani in the fold.

Woodson said Bargnani, World Peace, Carmelo Anthony and Stoudemire could get opportunities in the post this season.

"We don't always have to live shooting 3-point shots," the coach said.

RING'S THE THING: Woodson was asked on Tuesday if he thought the Knicks had enough talent to compete for a title. His answer, not surprisingly, was affirmative.

"I think were solid enough to compete for one, absolutely. Until somebody dethrones the Miami Heat, everybody's still in the hunt, and I like to think that we're one of the teams that's going to be in the hunt," Woodson said. "I'm going to coach and push these guys in that direction and we'll see what happens."

CHANDLER DOESN'T CARE ABOUT KNICKS-NETS: Chandler had an interesting comment during his interview Tuesday on "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN 98.7 FM.

Asked about the Knicks beating out the Nets for the "Best Team In New York" title, Chandler said, "I didn't come here to be the best team in New York. I came here to be the best team in the NBA."

uber

Benchwarmer

CHANDLER DOESN'T CARE ABOUT KNICKS-NETS: Chandler had an interesting comment during his interview Tuesday on "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN 98.7 FM.

Asked about the Knicks beating out the Nets for the "Best Team In New York" title, Chandler said, "I didn't come here to be the best team in New York. I came here to be the best team in the NBA."

That's what i like to hear. This made up rivarly with the Nets is just annoying. I could'nt care less about them.

Kiyaman

Legend
GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Amar'e Stoudemire will suit up for the Knicks' season opener against Milwaukee on Wednesday. But he might not play in the game.

Mike Woodson plans to huddle with Stoudemire and Kenyon Martin on Wednesday to discuss his plan to alternate both players on a game-to-game basis. Woodson hopes that alternating Stoudemire and Martin will help them stay healthy over the course of the season. If Stoudemire plays on Wednesday, Martin would play Thursday against Chicago.

New York has taken a cautious approach with both players in the preseason. Stoudemire underwent a knee procedure over the summer -- his third operation in the past 12 months -- and was limited to just 29 games in the regular season last season due to knee ailments. Martin is still feeling the effects of an ankle injury he suffered last April.

In an interview on ESPN New York 98.7 FM's "The Stephen A. Smith & Ryan Ruocco Show," Woodson said both Stoudemire and Martin will be limited to 10 to 15 minutes per game early in the season. If both players stay healthy, their minutes might grow as the season progresses.

How much of the above is real truth .... when it concerns 10 year NBA career PF starters "Amare & Kenyon Martin" health issues?

After the Fire Extinguisher incident in the 2011-12 embarrasse 1-4 series loss to the Heats in the postseason games, Amare was officially taken out of the Knicks starting lineup. Mike Woodson didnt let Amare be a starter in the one preseason game Amare played vs the Bargani Toronto Raptors in the 2012-13 preseason games, a game we loss watching Melo take 8 consecutive shots on 8 consecutive offensive possession in the 4th qtr. with Amare in the lineup.
Two days after the preseason loss to Toronto, Amare was declared injured for the next two months (we must have the best Medical-Staff on the planet).

We signed a walking Kenyon Martin on February 15, 2013. we did not give Kenyon Martin any playingtime untill Tyson Chandler got hurt and had to be carried off the court in Denver on March 13 2013. With a injured Tyson out for a month, we were force to put Kenyon Martin in the starter lineup for 30 mpg to take us on a 13 game winning streak.

For the past two seasons every time HC Mike Woodson is on a Knicks interview when the subject is switch to Amare's health or playingtime Woodson starts to stutter-talk. Woodson has never mention a need of Amare on the court for this or that, or a coach concern to get Amare on the court. And now Woodson comments are throwing Kenyon Martin into the same sinking boat as Amare ..
Woodson said, "both Stoudemire and Martin will be limited to 10 to 15 minutes per game early in the season. If both players stay healthy, their minutes might grow as the season progresses". WHAT?
Wow! Woodson comment and action to give Amare & K-Mart less than 15 mpg in every other game, is a direct insult!
Woodson's comment showed no-luv or confidence in these two star veteran teammates.
Woodson mine as well just said, Im going to make this their last season in the NBA, by given them spot minutes in 2 quarters of a game.

If both Amare & K-Mart is healthy at the start of the season give them both 27 mpg in a lineup together .. I will bet my last dollar them two players will GELL and watch each other back better than any two players on our Knicks roster.

Oh man, have I been waiting for this. While everyone else's eyes are on the other New York team, let's stay under the radar for once and just play some solid basketball. Woodson is going to show early and often that he doesn't care who is supposed to be who on this team, if guys don't get it done, they're going to see very few minutes in our rotation. I expect to see a lot of Chandler, Melo, MWP, Felton, and Prigs when the going gets tough this year, but I'm rooting like crazy that Shump, Amare, and Bargs along with KMart and THJ give us the best top to bottom ten man rotation in the league. We'll worry about JR a couple weeks from now. Damn, we have no excuses to not at least be as good as last year.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Footage of Shump cutting his flat top and talking about motivation, new start and all kind of philosophical stuff. :lol:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
How much of the above is real truth .... when it concerns 10 year NBA career PF starters "Amare & Kenyon Martin" health issues?

After the Fire Extinguisher incident in the 2011-12 embarrasse 1-4 series loss to the Heats in the postseason games, Amare was officially taken out of the Knicks starting lineup. Mike Woodson didnt let Amare be a starter in the one preseason game Amare played vs the Bargani Toronto Raptors in the 2012-13 preseason games, a game we loss watching Melo take 8 consecutive shots on 8 consecutive offensive possession in the 4th qtr. with Amare in the lineup.
Two days after the preseason loss to Toronto, Amare was declared injured for the next two months (we must have the best Medical-Staff on the planet).

We signed a walking Kenyon Martin on February 15, 2013. we did not give Kenyon Martin any playingtime untill Tyson Chandler got hurt and had to be carried off the court in Denver on March 13 2013. With a injured Tyson out for a month, we were force to put Kenyon Martin in the starter lineup for 30 mpg to take us on a 13 game winning streak.

For the past two seasons every time HC Mike Woodson is on a Knicks interview when the subject is switch to Amare's health or playingtime Woodson starts to stutter-talk. Woodson has never mention a need of Amare on the court for this or that, or a coach concern to get Amare on the court. And now Woodson comments are throwing Kenyon Martin into the same sinking boat as Amare ..
Woodson said, "both Stoudemire and Martin will be limited to 10 to 15 minutes per game early in the season. If both players stay healthy, their minutes might grow as the season progresses". WHAT?
Wow! Woodson comment and action to give Amare & K-Mart less than 15 mpg in every other game, is a direct insult!
Woodson's comment showed no-luv or confidence in these two star veteran teammates.
Woodson mine as well just said, Im going to make this their last season in the NBA, by given them spot minutes in 2 quarters of a game.

If both Amare & K-Mart is healthy at the start of the season give them both 27 mpg in a lineup together .. I will bet my last dollar them two players will GELL and watch each other back better than any two players on our Knicks roster.

Kiya their not healthy that is the point of the minute restriction, what is so hard to understand that for. If they were healthy they'd play. Heck if stat was healthy he'd be our second best player BUT HE ISN'T AND WON'T BE HEALTHY! And won't be for the duration of their careers.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Kiyaman

Legend
RING'S THE THING: Woodson was asked on Tuesday if he thought the Knicks had enough talent to compete for a title. His answer, not surprisingly, was affirmative.

"I think were solid enough to compete for one, absolutely. Until somebody dethrones the Miami Heat, everybody's still in the hunt, and I like to think that we're one of the teams that's going to be in the hunt," Woodson said. "I'm going to coach and push these guys in that direction and we'll see what happens."

Woodson did not get the Memo ....
Melo is opting out at the end of the season to get a $10M pay raise out of Dolan's change-purse.
GM Glen Grunwald has been demoted to a cubicle in the front-office (Isiah Thomas cubicle when Walsh took over).
The Head Man in charge is puppet-Mills being advise by a board of bussinessmen/women who dont have time to watch NBA.

Our offseason improvements to dethrone the Miami Heat are ....
Haraway Jr., Bargani, Chris Smith, Aldrich, Beno. Thank God for Meta & Murry.
Woodson is finding it very difficult to chose from Bargani or Meta as a starter in the frontline with Tyson & Melo.
It must be a very hard decision for Woodson when 5 days after the preseason games and the decision is still open till game night.
Woodson did not have a hard decision to give Amare & K-Mart less than 15 minutes a game, plus alternating the two players so they cant play in the same game, this decision was made less than 24 hours after the last preseason game.

Tyson/Melo/Barg/Shump/Felton ..
6th- JR
7th- Meta or Barg
8th- Prig
9th- Beno
10th- Hardaway
11th- Amare or K-Mart
What do our bench-scoring look like? Miami bench scored 42 points on the Bulls lastnite.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya their not healthy that is the point of the minute restriction, what is so hard to understand that for. If they were healthy they'd play. Heck if stat was healthy he'd be our second best player BUT HE ISN'T AND WON'T BE HEALTHY! And won't be for the duration of their careers.

Yeah Yeah Yeah .... thats the main point. During training-camp Knicks media along with Woodson announce that Amare & K-Mart will not play in any preseason games do to injuries. Red Flag on 19th & 20th Oct. NBA.com and ESPN put up news flashes on Amare & K-Mart being healthy to play in the Knicks opener on 30 Oct..
Woodson was speechless when these question was put to him before the start of Toronto preseason game on 21 Oct..
Plus the little bit of playingtime Woodson gave Amare & K-Mart in the preseason game, both players were healthy enough to outscore Knicks oponents by 13 points.
Reason for skeptism

Lastseason during the postseason series of Knicks vs Boston, every interview in Boston and NY Amare appeared in he let them know he was 100% healthy to play. Woodson didnt give Amare playingtime untill the 5th game of the next series vs Indiana.
Reason for skeptism

skisloper

Starter

Not healthy to play but healthy to play 7 minutes a half ? I mean come on talk about team chemistry WTF is this.....So if Stat has a great 14 minutes he comes out ?????????? I mean 14 minutes I have never heard this before and then they cannot play together...so they each get 14 minutes and will trade off games ??? so silly

bigapple

Starter
this season is last season of current HEAT and they will not keep current roster

more than 1big man will be forced to leave

look what happen to Mike Miller

+ 2014 summer will be huge

more than 3 team in big east are h8 heat

all what Knicks need is regular scoring and more fast break

i cant watch anymore ****ty dribbling and shooting when shot clock point 3 secods.

You're right and I agree but, we also don't need agenda driven posters who ruin the site either. Just think if you were online trying to find a knicks community to be apart of and we come up and the first thing u read is jason kidd carried us last year and amare and k mart are being forced to fake injuries for melo or the pistons will be better then us. You're gonna think we're a joke and move on to another site because their gonna think we lack insight because anyone with a basketball mind knows at the very least that none of that is truthful. Dude says stuff like that everyday and makes up stuff to support his already way off assessment. Now it's ok to not like someone but please have reason to back it up not just homemade conspiracies. Other posters don't like certain things but it's backed up at least to the point of it being a reason but dude will blame amare injuries on melo taking 25 shots. No one will respect and move on to the next forum.

Who is this Fraud