GAME 1!!!! Heat vs Knicks Game Thread 10/29

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Good thread MSG. This year is step one for our turn around. We're going to surprise some people this year.
doubt it...all teams need 2 do 2 beat us is just get back....and then well start over passing start going one on ones and start chucking shots...shyt that would be my plan if i was the opposing team 2 beat the knicks...pretty sure ill win

Paul1355

All Star
doubt it...all teams need 2 do 2 beat us is just get back....and then well start over passing start going one on ones and start chucking shots...shyt that would be my plan if i was the opposing team 2 beat the knicks...pretty sure ill win

Play some zone D and we can easily lose, your right. Our 3 point shooting has been horrible. If we can get that up, then that eliminates a huge weakness in this offense.

Careless passing and chucking shots is what hurt us so many times last year. Awarness is our key goal on the court. Be smart with the ball and feed the open man.

i blame any preseason woes on malik rose shooting 3's

or who ever has encouraged this new found anyone can shoot a 3 mentality

malik's inside game is tollerable, his outside game is unheard of,theirs no reason for him to have multiple three's a game

and only have what, one make for the preseason?

atleast when jefferies gets back rose'll be back on the bench..he should get no consistant minutes on a real nba squad right now...

:wtf:

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
i blame any preseason woes on malik rose shooting 3's

or who ever has encouraged this new found anyone can shoot a 3 mentality

malik's inside game is tollerable, his outside game is unheard of,theirs no reason for him to have multiple three's a game

and only have what, one make for the preseason?

atleast when jefferies gets back rose'll be back on the bench..he should get no consistant minutes on a real nba squad right now...

:wtf:
well this is why we suck...i realized knicks aint going much anywhere...i mean we had malik shooting 3s because they were defending us good...well all they were doing is getting back...thats all you need 2 do playing us...our 3 point shooting is HORRIBLE and we got no more inside presence so all we got 2 go on is chucks...were not good in half court cuz mikes offense dosent have much half court in it...thats what teams are going 2 force us 2 do...is play half court most of the time...and when we run halfcourt we just go one on ones...isiahs offense was all half court so when we go half court were gonna have our so called "shooters" jamal and q rich chucking 3s and randolph going one on one if not them well have people like malik and collins chucking 3s because they are "open"...this team needs 3 point shooters and more slashers when it comes to this situation...all we have is Marbury good slasher nate no because he more of a beat a guy in the fast break type of guy not much of a slasher and wilson chandler but he needs more expirience...him and marbury alone wont get us out of playing half court...we suck period...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
well this is why we suck...i realized knicks aint going much anywhere...i mean we had malik shooting 3s because they were defending us good...well all they were doing is getting back...thats all you need 2 do playing us...our 3 point shooting is HORRIBLE and we got no more inside presence so all we got 2 go on is chucks...were not good in half court cuz mikes offense dosent have much half court in it...thats what teams are going 2 force us 2 do...is play half court most of the time...and when we run halfcourt we just go one on ones...isiahs offense was all half court so when we go half court were gonna have our so called "shooters" jamal and q rich chucking 3s and randolph going one on one if not them well have people like malik and collins chucking 3s because they are "open"...this team needs 3 point shooters and more slashers when it comes to this situation...all we have is Marbury good slasher nate no because he more of a beat a guy in the fast break type of guy not much of a slasher and wilson chandler but he needs more expirience...him and marbury alone wont get us out of playing half court...we suck period...
thekidd i got this for you

2hg925g.jpg

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
We'd get every rebound with that lineup. I hope D'antoni doesnt stay with the current lineup for long, Q-snitch might be the worst player in the nba.

The only lineup worse then the one D'antonis current lineup is this

pg-Duhole
sg-crawterd
sf-q snitch
pf-snack ransoft
c-eddy curry
WOW, that is a horrible lineup. I'm glad he at least didn't go that far. lol

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
MSG killed it.

Knicks starting 5 is horrid.

It should be

Marbury
Chandler
Ewing
Lee
Randolph

take advantage of our size.

We'd get every rebound with that lineup. I hope D'antoni doesnt stay with the current lineup for long, Q-snitch might be the worst player in the nba.

The only lineup worse then the one D'antonis current lineup is this

pg-Duhole
sg-crawterd
sf-q snitch
pf-snack ransoft
c-eddy curry

MSG another great thread, probably the best ive seen. with the lineup that Metro suggested the knicks would have a great starting 5. that 5 would be a rebounding machine and yet they still would be able to run and put points on the board. I hope they keep Ewing jr, that kid has got talent (and hops). and i do agree that Q might be the worst player in the nba.

D-lee42fan

Paul1355

All Star
MSG killed it.

Knicks starting 5 is horrid.

It should be

Marbury
Chandler
Ewing
Lee
Randolph

take advantage of our size.

You would bench Nate or Duhon for Ewing? He has shown some of his dad's old moves but he has a lot to learn. To start? Why are you that high on Ewing when CHandler can start at SF and we can have Marbury at the 2 and Duhon at the 1?

Duhon
Marbury
Chandler
Lee
Randolph

Your getting a little bit of everything with that lineup. Defense in Duhon and Chandler, ball movement, speed, athleticism, better awareness, a lot of rebounding and everyone can score over 12 ppg in that lineup.

GetRealistic

Starter
Duhon
Crawford
Q
Zach
Lee

Is a fine lineup for the first month of the season. Come late November i'd expect to see Chandler get the start. Personally i don't really care who starts the game i care who finishes the game.

I would expect Q, Duhon, Chandler, Marbury and possibly even Mardy Collins take turns guarding Wade. Don't expect to see Crawford on him very much he'll more then likely be guarding Chalmers.

I think it's deffinately a winnable game, mainly because Miami has no depth. That got a star studded starting five but there bench is weak. Plus hopefully Beasley gets some stage fright under the bright NBA lights in his debut and we can capitalize. I'd love to be 3-1 after the first 4 games (the loss coming to Phila) but realistically after all we've been through i'd be happy with 2-2.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I strongly disagree with the current lineup and those who co-sign it. And this has nothin to do with marbury coming off the bench. Even if he was no longer on the team i still think this lineup is wack. Q and crawford are both bums and the fact that D'antoni likes crawford scares me. How many shot attempts will it take crawford to average 20-24ppg?

GetRealistic

Starter
10 Games into the season it'll be..

Duhon
Crawford
Chandler
Randolph
Lee

D'Antoni has no aliegence to any players on this roster other then Duhon and Gallinari. So if Crawford continues to play crappy he'll get benched. D'Antoni didn't trade for Crawford or anything like that so if Crawford plays bad the first 5 games he'll move to the bench.

And i've said it about 15 times. Q is starting simply as a place holder until the time D'Antoni thinks Chandler is ready to start. The only reason Q is starting is he is a default team leader and he has played in the system and at the time was good.

Duhon -- Best TRUE point guard we have. Pass first and perimeter defender
Crawford -- Gets a 5 game audition.. If he fails he'll get benched
Q -- Temporary place holder
Lee -- Really have no other options
Randolph -- Same as above

In a perfect world... Come end of the season Galinari will be ready to go and Chandler will have solidified his start spot and you could have some much better lineup combos.

Duhon
Crawford
Chandler
Galo
Lee/Randolph

Duhon
Chandler
Galo
Lee
Randolph

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I disagree about duhon being a better "true" point guard then marbury. You can be a good scorer and still be a true point guard.

Your predictions are respectable. I wouldnt be suprised...and im also hoping to see q-rich out of the starting lineup as soon as possible. He shouldnt even be in the nba anymore. At least crawford is capable of being a decent 7th or 8th man off the bench. I dont think Gallinari should be sent to the d league, i think this team needs him asap. The best shooter we have right now is probably nate robinson. Crawford shoots good 1 out of every 4 games, if that. Its hard to tell with Marbury at this point. He shot good 2 years ago. In preseason he was lookin to pass more then shoot.

We cant forget about the 6.11 jared jeffries, who mike d'antoni likes alot. What does he see in jeffries? :confused:

i read that jefferies is taking advice from TO and got a hyperbaric chamber for the middle of his living room

he lays in it for 4 hours a day

and reads harry potter books

why doesnt someone give him a book by Jimmy V? D'antoni's 7 second offense? Defense for Dummies?

i hope he proves me wrong, but i dont see where the pluses are in his game,at all...he always looks 100% unsure of his next move

jpz17

Starter
Marubry will explode taking advantage of Miami's lack of PG. Randolph will destroy Beasley on knicks offense, and vis-vera on d. Wade will drop 30. Marion will have a quiet but good d night. I say final:117-113 Heat

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ dont forget Chandler...he'll kill the heat i say...19pts 7 rbs 3 ass 1 blk 1 stl

and Nate 17 pts 2rbs 4ast