Lets Be Reality: We do NOT want Steve Ash smh

How would you feel about steve nash on the Knicks?

• Sign him to a Max!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingCharles34

All Star
I just saw a couple posters bring up nash in other threads and I cant quite call him Larry holmes status yet, he can still run an offense better then most but his defense is horendous and it will be impossible to win a championship with him getting 30 or more minutes a game.

With one bad defender in Amare and an inconsistent defender in Melo, every player the knicks add from this point on needs to be average at least defensively. No disrespect to the posters that would like to see Nash come to NY, I know your reasons are because of his offense, ability to run a team, and leadership...but I personally cant overlook his defense or lack of. I like Billups better at this point then Nash. We didnt really get to see him at his best but hes a good 3 point shooter, good free throw shooter, and makes clutch plays. While I would actually prefer a playmaker for the knicks, just not nash. Whatever playmaker the knicks get has to play defense too....CP3

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Well if we got him it wouldn't be until the season after next. We don't have anything to trade for Nash.

He's a top 4 PG on the league and the best offensive part guard now. I watched him a lot this past season, his defense wasn't bad. It wasn't hurting the team.

I'd rather him win a championship on the Suns with Hill. Especially Nash.

If he wants to come here in the summer of 2012 then sure (with Billups?). I want Billups to stay and win a championship with us so even if they offered him in a trade including Billups, no. We'd be losing Fields too. We don't know how many years Nash has left and at what level.

Nash is is playing at almost his MVP level stat wise, and had the second most win shares this past season. That can't be overlooked. The Suns won forty games.

So, yeah, I love Nash, but we'd have to get him 2012. We need a center most of all.

KingCharles34

All Star
His lack of D didnt effect the team too much, thats right but thats only because they didnt make it to the playoffs. I still give them credit for what they did in a tough western conference

If he comes here in the summer of 2012 as long as he doesnt take a big step down offensively, I still see dantoni givin him 30 minutes a game at least. Who knows how many he would get in the playoffs. Billups wont be there if they sign nash...The knicks should just play it safe and go all out for cp3 at the feb deadline :crossfingers:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I wouldn't have a problem with it if we picked up a real lockdown defender in the backcourt. Let's not forget that Nash getting exposed by Tony Parker is one of the main reasons the Suns never made it past the Spurs (amongst other things).

All in all he'd be a nice veteran player to have on the team. I wouldn't want him as a superstar fixture, though, as good as he is.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I wouldn't have a problem with it if we picked up a real lockdown defender in the backcourt. Let's not forget that Nash getting exposed by Tony Parker is one of the main reasons the Suns never made it past the Spurs (amongst other things).

All in all he'd be a nice veteran player to have on the team. I wouldn't want him as a superstar fixture, though, as good as he is.
The Suns swept the Spurs last year.

smokes

Huge Member
I like Nash because I think even in another 2-3 years he will be playing at a really high level. He's already better than Billups and even though I love Billups I don't think he's going to be fit for 30+ mpg 2-3 years down the line.

You can see from Nash's conditioning and injury history that he is going to survive in the league for longer. As far as being a creative playmaker he is tremendous and his 3 point shooting is probably on par with Billups (as is his free throw shooting).

Plus I think he will be cheap. MLE range for sure (if that still exists in 2012).

Yes, his defense is a liability. However we can get creative defensively. We don't have to leave him guarding a D-Rose or a Rondo.

Only a matter of time before he see's a serious decline.. I mean I know we say that every year and he seems to get better, but at 37 he may have 2 years max at being an elite pg.

Nash would fit perfectly in our run'n'gun no defence system.
Well I wouldent mind getting nash in a trade, because with nash it will bring up everyones game up on the offensive sise, especially Amare's cuz they have that chemistry, we do need soem defensive help but we need it more down low. Imagine this starting 5.

PG-Nash
SG-Carmelo
SF- Chris singleton
PF-Amare
C-dalembert

6th man- billups
role players- turiaf, williams, .....

If we had that lineup, we would improve a lot on the defensive side of the ball with Chris singleton potetially being a lock down defender, and dalmbert who is a great defensive center.

+ with nash are offence gets better.

Last edited:

Marek

Benchwarmer
No rookie is going to be a "lockdown defender" in this league. Even defense-minded rookies tend to be average on D there first year or so.

No rookie is going to be a "lockdown defender" in this league. Even defense-minded rookies tend to be average on D there first year or so.

Yeh thats why I said Potentially, after he has a year to adjust I believe he could be a very good defender in this league. He can defend practically every postion, idk about nBA centers tho.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Bro your thread title sucks. Isn't comprehensible.

...but with that being said, I'm on the same page with you. I see Nash as more of a liability going forward. Every time I see him laying down by the bench because he can't sit in the chair, I wonder how much longer he'll be around.

Sure, he takes great care of his body like Billups and Kidd, but I'd hope the Knicks would want to get younger to gain some kind of sustainability at the PG position.

KingCharles34

All Star
^^ What the "lets be reality" part? Thats an sohh thing, I never really understood why everyone says that on there. It should be "Lets be real" or "lets be realistic" but "lets be reality" did grow on me

I don't know who Steve Ash is.

Lol jk, I agree that Nash would make our offense a lot better but our defense would be HORRIBLE. I hope this deal doesn't happen.