2010 New York Yankees Season Thread

Paul1355

All Star
can you fellas say repeat i sure can, i see it coming :cool:
Granderson has been horrible this year, Johnny Damon on this team now I would def say repeat.

The one advantage this year is that we have a stronger rotation.

Hughes has established himself.

Javi Vazquez is a solid 4th man in the rotation who chews up innings.

The only worry is our bull pen. Hughes and Joba were so clutch in our bull pen last year that it makes you wonder if Girardi will make Hughes a bull pen pitcher come playoffs. I hope not but we'll see.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
Granderson has been horrible this year, Johnny Damon on this team now I would def say repeat.

The one advantage this year is that we have a stronger rotation.

Hughes has established himself.

Javi Vazquez is a solid 4th man in the rotation who chews up innings.

The only worry is our bull pen. Hughes and Joba were so clutch in our bull pen last year that it makes you wonder if Girardi will make Hughes a bull pen pitcher come playoffs. I hope not but we'll see.
I think he will move Hughes to the pen. You are not going to send a veteran like Pettitte to the pen. So as long as Vazquez remains healthy and effective Hughes will probably be in the pen come playoff time.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I think he will move Hughes to the pen. You are not going to send a veteran like Pettitte to the pen. So as long as Vazquez remains healthy and effective Hughes will probably be in the pen come playoff time.

eh .. vazquez is inconsistent .. I wouldn't want him starting in the playoffs. I prefer Hughes any day over him, but they might sit him down in the playoffs because of innings pitched .. smh

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Granderson's swing has killed the Tigers and the Royals. I'm hoping he stays hot for the rest of the season, things would be alot better if his bat stays fire.
It feels like everytime i see Jete its a GIDP
Swish is having a career year. Tex is having an off year, still top 5 in the AL in RBis. I hope Alex also doesn't have injury issues with his calf or hip, we really need his bat as well.
But damn...Robinson Cano. damn, what a year that guy's having. Defintely our second baseman for years to come.

As for the rotation, CC is CC, AJ is inconsistent, but I would want him to pitch in the postseason.
Andy is still injured, I'm just wondering when he's coming back and if he finishes the season in a strong way
Javy has a dead arm. I hope everyone noticed this...dude usually throws 91-92 mph on the fastball, right now he's hitting 88-89 tops..so he has to rely on his breaking pitches alot more which leads to higher pitch counts in less innings. We can't afford this.
Mosely has filled in nicely for Pettite tho.

By the way, Curtis Granderson is worth a tenth of a win more than Johnny Damon. And plays terrific D; that's the one thing that's been consistent about him. Just something to think about.

Paul1355

All Star
Granderson's swing has killed the Tigers and the Royals. I'm hoping he stays hot for the rest of the season, things would be alot better if his bat stays fire.
It feels like everytime i see Jete its a GIDP
Swish is having a career year. Tex is having an off year, still top 5 in the AL in RBis. I hope Alex also doesn't have injury issues with his calf or hip, we really need his bat as well.
But damn...Robinson Cano. damn, what a year that guy's having. Defintely our second baseman for years to come.

As for the rotation, CC is CC, AJ is inconsistent, but I would want him to pitch in the postseason.
Andy is still injured, I'm just wondering when he's coming back and if he finishes the season in a strong way
Javy has a dead arm. I hope everyone noticed this...dude usually throws 91-92 mph on the fastball, right now he's hitting 88-89 tops..so he has to rely on his breaking pitches alot more which leads to higher pitch counts in less innings. We can't afford this.
Mosely has filled in nicely for Pettite tho.

By the way, Curtis Granderson is worth a tenth of a win more than Johnny Damon. And plays terrific D; that's the one thing that's been consistent about him. Just something to think about.
By the way this season has gone....this should be our starting lineup:

Gardner
Swisher
Tex
Cano
A Rod
Berkman
Jeter
Posada
Granderson

The Yankees have won 7 out of 8 games when Gardner leads off, Gardner is batting over 320 as a lead off hitter and Jeter has been a ralley killer/double play machine.

Seriously Jeter has to drop the pride and take one for the team and bat lower in the order for once. He is no longer a lead off hitter if he hits teh way he has. He has hit into 17 double plays! That is a league lead I think.

Berkman in front of Jeter is good so that teams won't just walk A Rod to face the slumping Jeter and Berkman gets on base so Jeter will always have a chance to advance the runner.

Granderson has to bat last, I dont care how good he has been lately, he has been horrible for 90% of this season, you can't trust him to not strike out multiple times in a game and kill rallies. Plus being really fast is perfect as a 9th hitter so he can be a 2nd lead off man.

Girardi might change the lineup like this sooner or later.

Wallace Matthews on ESPN newyork wrote a great article about exactly what I said and it makes perfect sense. This team either scores 12 runs or 0. We are an inconsistent lineup that should score more runs. We have to change the lineup in order to stay ahead in first place.