Knicks Big 3....melo, Amare, Parker

Toons

is the Bo$$
Frank Isola: Stoudemire claims Carmelo Anthony & Tony Parker want to join him on the Knicks. MSG will not silence

Getting melo, parker and amare make some good soldiers to go to war with.

Tony Parker - T. Douglas
Tracy Mcgrady - Bill Waker
Carmelo Anthony - D. Gallinari
Amare Stouamire - E. Curry
Jerome Jordan - J. Bender

ill take this team over the lakers

Toons

is the Bo$$
More info just in

Amar'e Claims Carmelo, Parker Will Join Him With Knicks
More Knicks News

* Amar'e To Meet With Nets, Bulls On Tuesday
* Joe Johnson Still In Limbo, Knicks Making Push
* Yahoo! Removes Reference To Walsh In Wheelchair Lacking 'Vibrancy'
* Wade Says Decision Isn't Just About Basketball
* New York Knicks Archive
* RSS Feed | Twitter

Knicks Links

* Knicks Home Page
* Knicks Roster
* Knicks Message Board
* Find Knicks Tickets
* Feedback or Suggestions

Jul 04, 2010 1:07 AM EST

Amar'e Stoudemire was in New York on Saturday night and talked about who might eventually join him on the Knicks.

"I've talked to Carmelo Anthony that he needs to come out here," Stoudemire said. "I've talked to Tony Parker. Both guys are ready to join me if I decide to come here. So we will see if we can work it out."

Stoudemire will meet with the Knicks on Monday.

"It's one of the most historic franchises in NBA history. It's a beautiful city. Madison Square Garden is definitely one of the most intriguing places to play. So they definitely have a few great points on their side."

He was non-committal when was asked whether he was disappointed about not returning to Phoenix.

"The organization of Phoenix has been great my whole career," he said. "I left my stamp on that organization as far as what we were able to accomplish. It was a great ride. So on to the next one."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...rker_will_join_him_with_knicks/#ixzz0shKjgAkX

metrocard

Legend
Frank Isola: Stoudemire claims Carmelo Anthony & Tony Parker want to join him on the Knicks. MSG will not silence

Tony Parker - T. Douglas

Eddy Curry at PF?
Jerome Jordan starting?
Jonathan Bender as the back up center?
Gallinari on the bench?

Not trying to be a dick, but you got mad shit twisted.

How are we going to get Carmelo? I'm pretty sure we gotta give up Gallinari + others.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
the big 3!!!

First off, there is no possible way the Knicks would be able to get Tony Parker and Melo here this year. Maybe one of the two if they are willing to deal Lee in a sign in trade or maybe Galo, but honestly i'm not willing to get rid of galo at this point unless its for Lebron. It will probably be possible next year but honestly I'm sick and tired of waiting. For the past 3-5 years the Knicks organization has been doing nothing but preaching to us that the summer of 2010 is going to be a huge free agency for the Knicks and that they were very confident in getting LJ. No offense, but in my honest opinion, if the only big name the Knicks come away with this free agency is Stoudamire then i consider this offseason a huge disappointment, but hey i guess it would just be more of the same for the knicks. David Lee is more than likely gone once Stoudamire signs here. He is def better than Lee no doubt, but if he is the new major piece coming here this year with Lee leaving, then I still don't see the Knicks as a playoff team this year.

I'm telling you if they can't get LJ to come here, then they better make a hard push for Wade, Bosch, or somehow try to pull off a miracle sign and trade for a melo, or tony parker or some other player of that calibur. 10+ straight losing seasons and 3+ losing seasons to try to get under the cap for this free agency and why?

You know LJ said his goal was to make basketball exciting again. What better way to do that then revitalize the NY NBA market. Uhh, I'm done ranting.... Another big name free agent or bust!

Toons

is the Bo$$
Eddy Curry at PF?
Jerome Jordan starting?
Gallinari on the bench?

How are we going to get Carmelo? I'm pretty sure we gotta give up Gallinari + others.

if you noticed, i posted this around 3am. my reason for starting J.J. @ C is because of his defense. He's a defensive , shot blocking, 7 footer to go along the offensive prowess of the remaining starting 5. You ask these questions as if the answers are rhetorical. Bender did pretty well at the 5. Is gallinari better than carmello anthony? not even in the same league. if we have to give gallo away for melo, then goodbye gallo. how is it twisted? i have an actual source to say that amare is recruiting melo and parker, and oth told him they would make the move to new york. ..... that must suck, ur bein a total penis and ur not even trying.

Toons

is the Bo$$
andi have aseen more twisted fantasy bullshit on this site by you and others, so you dont get it twisted. enjoy ur day

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Amar'e said this for one reason, and it was directed to one person: He's trying to bluff Lebron James!

If you stay in CLE, you're doomed LJ. Wade-Bosh in MIA or CHI; ORL solid, and NY building something.

AND, if you go form some dream team with the triumvirate of Wade-LJ-BOSH, then NY will respond with their own: Parker-Melo-STAT.

I think he wants to convince Lebron to relent and come join him in NY. Parker will come next year (and Parker has rings, Rose doesn't).

Tony Parker - T. Douglas

Personal opinion the line-up should look more like-

T.Parker/TD/A.Routins
B.Walker/A.Routins/TD
Mello/Drafted SF/(PE Jr.???)
Gallo/E.Barron/Jordan
Stat/Curry/Jordan

Don't need broken down T-Mac or Bender

Eddy Curry at PF?
Jerome Jordan starting?
Gallinari on the bench?

Not so sure we'd have to give up Gallo metro, do you think they'd go for a-

Lee and Chabndler + cash$$$ for Mello?

They'd save some $$$, they love D.Lee and they'd get a SF in Chandler that could come right in and start for them....... just my thaughts on it???

iSaYughh

Starter
How do you have Amare, Carmelo, Parker on the team, with Curry???

Even without Curry, how'd you possibly plan on getting Anthony?

And McGrady too? lol

Amare saying this shit is fantasyland talk...can't believe some are seriously buying into it.

Maybe we get --1-- of the two, and 9/10 it's going to be Parker.

LeFlume

All Star
'Melo is a superstar. Nuggets won't give up their franschise player unless they can get equal talent . Lee and Chandler?! fugeddaboutit.

mafra

Legend
Exactly. Knicks will get either Carmelo or Parker, but it'll be in free agency next July. Simple as that.

Not only do we lack the pieces to pull off a trade for Melo (Thanks for trading Hill and a draft pick away to dump Jeffries, when WAS would have taken him off our hands for nothing).... BUT, DEN wont be doing Melo any favors, sending him to a place he wants to go.

As for Parker, our only hope to pull off a deal for him is if SA is prepared to move on with hill as their PG. I mean, I'm sure they would love to send Parker far away (but then again we have to ask ourselves if there's bad blood between Pops and D'ant).

The Parker deal would probably be a deadline deal.... UNLESS they felt that Douglas or Chandler was a player they liked a lot.

SO.... my thinking is.... See what you can get for Curry. I might prefer Okefor-Collison to Parker. See if you can deal LEE for Ellis-Morrow, for getting one of them and Miller-Ridnour or something might be another option.

BUT, don't make a move just to make a move. Worse comes to worse, we go with Amar'e and 2 tier-C free agents and keep our ammo for next year's free agency.... when we are a lock to get Parker or Melo.

iSaYughh

Starter
Who else can already see Walsh getting fleeced (again) in a trade.

And Parker is overrated. I too would rather have Collison (+Okefor) in dealing Curry.

Unless a miracle happens and we land Lebron or a blockbuster trade, we need to come to terms with the following liklohoods:

We are going to be locked in as a middling playoff team amidst a new dawn of dynasty(s).

We are going to have monstrous contracts to players quickly approaching the wrong side of 30.

mafra

Legend
Who else can already see Walsh getting fleeced (again) in a trade.

And Parker is overrated. I too would rather have Collison (+Okefor) in dealing Curry.

Unless a miracle happens and we land Lebron or a blockbuster trade, we need to come to terms with the following liklohoods:

We are going to be locked in as a middling playoff team amidst a new dawn of dynasty(s).

We are going to have monstrous contracts to players quickly approaching the wrong side of 30.

Hey, maybe we turn out to be the BUlls of 2009. We win 45-50 games, reach the playoffs and give one of the top teams fits in the 2nd round.

Maybe Douglas-Gallo-Chandler break out and show the nation the potential we've been dreaming about, and we push ORL-BOS-CLE/CHI to a 7th game.

Who knows. I can live with that.

One thing I do know. Amar'e is equipped to carry the load. This will be his team and he will lead. He will compel others to improve. David Lee was great, but too often he differed to any vet that was in that locker room.

Not STAT. He also knows what it takes to win, and he'll help this young squad.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
umm..

I don't know where everyone is getting the idea that just because the Knicks will end up with Stoudamire that it will automatically put them in contention to make the playoffs. He is a very good player, he is not a great player. Def an upgrade over Lee, but for what. He is gonna put up an extra 5-10 pts a game over Lee and still not play defense. He will probably get burnt out from carrying the load all the time and go onto the injury list midway through the season with bad knees or something horrible knowing the knicks history. Let's face it, if this is all we get this free agency, u might as well start looking ahead towards next year.

petescud

Starter
A lot of these scenarios are very cool for knick fans...I'm digging Steven A Smiths recap, thinking LBJ may team up with Joe johnson and Amar'e in NY....This is why DWade is heading back to Chicago to see about a deal. Seems JJ and Amar'e are willing to take a little less money if LeBron is aboard, whereas Bosh wants a MAX deal, and won't surrender the cash (he winds up in Houston) could make sense..........stay tuned

Toons

is the Bo$$
those who wonder why would enver give upheir franchise player, look at Cleveland, they ae loosing their franchise payer and are geting nothing in return. If Carmelo doesnt accecpt the 3 year deal denver currently has on the table, denver will be forced to do a s&t. with them. also, Tracy McGrady said he would take the vets min if the knicks turned ino a contender. we can sign both melo, sat and parker. we may have to part ways with lee, candler, curry's contract and even gallo in the process.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Much as I would cream myself over the idea of Parker, Melo and Amar'e, dare I ask who will be stopping the points in the paint?

Forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject but who would be an athletic C we could acquire who would suit the run and gun but provide a presence in the paint also?