Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Just a few hours until the fight, anyone else will be watching this? Who do you got?
(will move it in the other sports thread after the event)

Just a few hours until the fight, anyone else will be watching this? Who do you got?
(will move it in the other sports thread after the event)

Man, do I want to watch this fight, but isn't it like a $100? I think Mayweather just destroys him.

tiger0330

Legend
This fight is going to be an technical flop. Mac doesn't have a chance, FM is going to take him apart. If Mac was serious about becoming a boxer, he would have started with someone a lesser boxer than FM and work his way up and learn how to box. Just a money grab by him but to me its a scam and I have no interest in giving them my dough.

This fight is going to be an technical flop. Mac doesn't have a chance, FM is going to take him apart. If Mac was serious about becoming a boxer, he would have started with someone a lesser boxer than FM and work his way up and learn how to box. Just a money grab by him but to me its a scam and I have no interest in giving them my dough.

Yeah, I heard them say during the pre-show that McGregor is making as much from this one fight (30 to 40 million) as he has made in his entire MMA career combined.

tiger0330

Legend
Not worth the dough to see this fight. McGregor wasn't even able to go 12, Floyd beat him because he was dead tired by the 9th rd. and couldn't move let alone throw a punch.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Just as i expected, Mayweather won without much effort. I was surprised that McGregor made into the 10th round, i honestly thought the fight would be over by the 7th.
If you didn't saw it live, here it is before it gets deleted:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Teddy Atlas says:"Mayweather drug Connor into the deep water and drowned him." By the end of the match Connor couldn't even hold his gloves up to protect himself. Probably the best Mayweather fight I've seen because he was the busier, more aggressive fighter. Sly old fox tricked Conner into the smaller gloves and then beat him to death. Quick stoppage before Mayweather killed the MMA Golden Boy. Unfair matchup but oh well...

tiger0330

Legend
I wouldn't go to see Mayweather fight anyone let alone a guy that never had one pro boxing match. Undefeated he is but never gives the fans the all out war that most fans like to see in a match. McGregor was done by round 9, not in condition to go 12 rounds and Floyd took advantage. Pretty easy to beat a guy to a pulp when he can't move or throw a punch because he's gassed.

Broadway

All Star
This fight was awful. It's sad that the world of entertainment has stooped so low in standards. These two dudes just robbed the country of nearly half a billion dollars and the greater majority was okay with it. It's no wonder we have so many real problems in this country unresolved and rapidly deteriorating/increasing

The real fight is Sept 16th and only corruption stands in it's way of not delivering

tiger0330

Legend
This fight was awful. It's sad that the world of entertainment has stooped so low in standards. These two dudes just robbed the country of nearly half a billion dollars and the greater majority was okay with it. It's no wonder we have so many real problems in this country unresolved and rapidly deteriorating/increasing

The real fight is Sept 16th and only corruption stands in it's way of not delivering
Absolutely agree, the NY Times called it the Fleece of the Century. They didn't get my dough but I did get to watch it on YouTube before they took it down.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I don't understand why the NY Times was so rough on the fight and especially McGregor. He got so little credit for having the guts to go in the ring with probably the greatest boxer of all time.
I gotta agree with Joe Rogan, a lot of hate is coming because the fight was so super-promoted and everywhere you turned your head people were talking about it.

You want to talk about a real fleece job? How about that recent story that said that if the Houston Rockets sold for 2.2 billion, then the Knicks are worth 3.5 billion? Must be great owning a franchise in NYC where even when it is a recurrent lottery team it is still worth twice as much as teams that consistently make the playoffs.

Broadway

All Star
You want to talk about a real fleece job? How about that recent story that said that if the Houston Rockets sold for 2.2 billion, then the Knicks are worth 3.5 billion? Must be great owning a franchise in NYC where even when it is a recurrent lottery team it is still worth twice as much as teams that consistently make the playoffs.

That's beyond Nuts, but there's always a chance if ownership changed then fortunes would...

Meanwhile, once again if Floyd fought Triple G and Canelo(again), coming off the MacGregor fight he will have taken home about as much money as half NBA franchises are worth? Let that sink in!