Knicks Insider: "All Things Knicks"

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks are without KP. Enough said. Nets may still be better but to compare the two teams isn’t fair when Knicks have played nearly a year without their best player. Yes, Nets have best record in NBA last few weeks... too bad they don’t hang merit badges on the rafters for teams that have great 3-week runs...

Nets have been winning w/o their best player LeVert and his 19ppg. He comes back it might not be just a 2 week run. I'd love to see them in the playoffs or any NYC team for that matter if it can't be the Knicks.

mafra

Legend
Of those 9 wins, 4 have come against Knicks, Hawks, Bulls, and Suns. They have beaten TOR, PHI, and LAK... but let?s not get all crazy over a 3 week stretch. Give them Lavert and give us KP and let?s play a best of 7... both are pretty much even, but it looks like NYK will be drafting in the top 5. If NYK get Zion, there?s another decade Nets are just a postscript in this city.

I?m rooting for TOR to take care of biz. Close to Niagra Falls. More NY to me than Nets (and my father is from BKLN).

Kiyaman

Legend
Of those 9 wins, 4 have come against Knicks, Hawks, Bulls, and Suns. They have beaten TOR, PHI, and LAK... but let’s not get all crazy over a 3 week stretch. Give them Lavert and give us KP and let’s play a best of 7... both are pretty much even, but it looks like NYK will be drafting in the top 5. If NYK get Zion, there’s another decade Nets are just a postscript in this city.

I’m rooting for TOR to take care of biz. Close to Niagra Falls. More NY to me than Nets (and my father is from BKLN).

The ABA Nets were created at the Felt Forum in NYC in the 1970's.

The Brooklyn Nets head coach Kenny Atkinson are 100 times B.Ball smarter than Mills/Perry/and Fizdale put together.
Kenny Atkinson creative coaching style earned each of the Nets wins this season.
I did not understand the Grizz for letting him go after mentoring Conley & Gasol into franchise players.

And please stop with the Tired-KP being the best player on the Knicks, when u evaluate KP 3 years on the Knicks he measures up to Timmy Hardaway Jr. .. a scorer but not a winner.
If the Knicks would've hired a NBA experience head coach with 5 or more years experience during Tired-KP 3 years as a Knick, than maybe KP would've turned out to be a double-double 48% fga shooter without a low B.ball IQ.

tiger0330

Legend
The ABA Nets were created at the Felt Forum in NYC in the 1970's.

The Brooklyn Nets head coach Kenny Atkinson are 100 times B.Ball smarter than Mills/Perry/and Fizdale put together.
Kenny Atkinson creative coaching style earned each of the Nets wins this season.
I did not understand the Grizz for letting him go after mentoring Conley & Gasol into franchise players.

And please stop with the Tired-KP being the best player on the Knicks, when u evaluate KP 3 years on the Knicks he measures up to Timmy Hardaway Jr. .. a scorer but not a winner.
If the Knicks would've hired a NBA ed xperience head coach with 5 or more years experience during Tired-KP 3 years as a Knick, than maybe KP would've turned out to be a double-double 48% fga shooter without a low B.ball IQ.
Never saw a pro coach run a box and 1 defense. Atkinson used it to stop Kemba and Kemba said he hadn't seen that D since college, he's a creative coach for sure. That game against the Hornets he didn't play Russell at all for most of the 4th and not at all in the OT. Not sure why because Russell wasn't playing bad, think he score 16

paris401

Starter
Knicks are without KP. Enough said. Nets may still be better but to compare the two teams isn’t fair when Knicks have played nearly a year without their best player. Yes, Nets have best record in NBA last few weeks... too bad they don’t hang merit badges on the rafters for teams that have great 3-week runs...

Wow.. if the shoe was on the other foot... an d the knicks won 9 of 10... you would be breaking out the champagne of how the knicks have turned the corner and look out nba the knicks are a coming... but since its the lowly nets they get pooped on... maybe..just maybe something is happening in brooklyn... wouldnt it be great if we could say the same thing about the team that plays in the Meca...

mafra

Legend
Wow.. if the shoe was on the other foot... an d the knicks won 9 of 10... you would be breaking out the champagne of how the knicks have turned the corner and look out nba the knicks are a coming... but since its the lowly nets they get pooped on... maybe..just maybe something is happening in brooklyn... wouldnt it be great if we could say the same thing about the team that plays in the Meca...

Do I root for the Nets? No.
Do the Nets have a top 20 player? Top 50? No.

Winning 9/10 is impressive... sure. Nets have some young pieces... yes. If Knicks won 9/10 it would be best stretch since 2012... for sure.
What more do you want?

Broadway

All Star
I always said not inking him this summer when...

Giannis

Embiid

Towns

Booker

All got their extensions would be a risky proposition. We talked as if he's their equal or better and as if we got it in the bag like that, but not so fast...

mafra

Legend
I wonder how good MIL, MIN, PHI would be if those guys weren?t on those respective clubs. Yet, they signed extensions.

Kiyaman

Legend
I always said not inking him this summer when...

Giannis

Embiid

Towns

Booker

All got their extensions would be a risky proposition. We talked as if he's their equal or better and as if we got it in the bag like that, but not so fast...

Giannis, Embiid, Towns, Booker are All-Star franchise players ....

I would've traded Kristaps Porzingis (Tired-KP), and Melo, and CLee, and Lance Thomas all in the same off-season.
Injury Prone Kristaps Porzingis has been hitting the wall in January/February in all 3 seasons as a Knick.
Plus Tired-KP cant get one double-double game receiving 35 minute of playing time in his last two season playing.
Plus Tired-KP low IQ on defense is worst than his mentor Melo's defensive skills.
Only James Dolan would sign Tired-KP to a lucrative contract, on the next NBA team Kristaps Porzingis would be a 1 yr Project, because the Knicks poor coaching-staff taught KP nothing bout being a Big-Man winner in the NBA.

Kiyaman

Legend
On January 1st 2019 the Knicks record are 9-29 ....
The Knicks are on a west coast road trip against the Lakers, then Blazers, then GS Warriors ..
Oh Yeah, the Knicks are on a 8 game losing streak .. the Knicks losses this season, and the previous season goes toward the Knicks poor-poor coaching-staff that has a problem coaching on the same-page with each other and the players.
The Knicks coaching is so bad FA refuse to sign with the Knicks, so the best way for the Knicks to get good winning players are from the draft.
The Knicks young drafted players each season cant do nothing bout the Knicks poor clueless coaching staff, that hasn't coached defense in decades.
It doesn't matter how many number 1 to 10 draft picks the Knicks has on the roster they will stay LOSERS until they change the entire coaching-staff.

Kiyaman

Legend
Do I root for the Nets? No.
Do the Nets have a top 20 player? Top 50? No.

Winning 9/10 is impressive... sure. Nets have some young pieces... yes. If Knicks won 9/10 it would be best stretch since 2012... for sure.
What more do you want?

Head coach Kenny Atkinson took a tier 2 and tier 3 player team in Memphis and made them into a playoff team.
Now coach Atkinson are doing the same thing in Brooklyn !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Head coach Kenny Atkinson took a tier 2 and tier 3 player team in Memphis and made them into a playoff team.
Now coach Atkinson are doing the same thing in Brooklyn !!!
Was wondering about this since I didn't remember that Kenny ever ?oached the Griz. According to Wiki, he never did. Maybe you meant Dave Joerger who now coaches the Kings.

Broadway

All Star
Was wondering about this since I didn't remember that Kenny ever ?oached the Griz. According to Wiki, he never did. Maybe you meant Dave Joerger who now coaches the Kings.

Didn't we have one of best seasons(the fluke one) when Kenny was here with Woodson?

tiger0330

Legend
Didn't we have one of best seasons(the fluke one) when Kenny was here with Woodson?
According to Wiki he was coaching for the Hawks the year we had our 2nd round playoff appearance. Great developmental coach that's turned into a good head coach. Still remember the work he did with Lin.

Kiyaman

Legend

My Bad .. I got him mixed up with Lionel Hollins who received a 4 yr contract from the Nets to be head coach in 2014.
Kenny Atkinson spent 4 yrs as a assistant coach on the Knicks, making the Postseason games twice in 2011 and 2012, then leaving the Knicks to go to the Hawks as an assistant coach, then taking the head coach job in Brooklyn in 2016.

tiger0330

Legend
i

[h=1]Ian BegleyESPN Staff Writer [/h]The Knicks are planning to sign Kadeem Allen to a two-way contract prior to the Jan. 15 deadline to add two-way players, sources confirmed. Allen was with the Knicks in training camp and signed an Exhibit 10 contract to remain with the Knicks' G League club. He averaged 13.7 points on 47 percent shooting, 5.7 assists 1.6 steals per game for Westchester. Allen is also known as a strong perimeter defender. He will take the two-way spot that was vacated when the Knicks signed Allonzo Trier to a standard NBA contract. Allen, whose signing was first reported by The Athletic, will have roughly 23 days of NBA service available with this contract.

mafra

Legend
With mRob back, and Kornet, we don?t need EK anymore.
Sit tight and maybe we deal you... if not, you shall be released.