Baron Davis to miss 1 to 2 weeks

KingCharles34

All Star
Knicks face 'tough' times losing point guards
Knicks Blog
Berman on Twitter
By MARC BERMAN

Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony knows what it’s like to play a first-round playoff series with an All-Star power forward nursing a bad back and the starting point guard sidelined with a bad knee. Now the backup point guard will be sidelined as well leaving Mike Bibby and Toney Douglas at the point, back to where the Knicks started at the beginning of the season.

Carmelo did it against the Celtics last April, when Amar’e Stoudemire was limited and Chauncey Billups was out.

Despite last night’s 91-75 victory over the Cavaliers, Anthony seemed downcast, realizing that prospect looms again this spring with the news starting point guard Jeremy Lin will out for the rest of the regular season and first round of the playoffs after undergoing surgery on the torn meniscus in his left knee. Stoudemire, too, is no sure thing for the first round with a bulging disk.

“It’s tough,’’ Anthony said of Lin’s absence. “I really didn’t know until today. For him to be out six weeks and to have surgery, that’s most important. We want him to care take care of that. Basketball stuff comes second.’’
The timetable for Baron Davis is 1 to 2 weeks, but some feel he might not be able to step onto a court again until next season.

Point Guards Mike Bibby and Toney Douglas have had a very small role in the Knicks season thus far.

“They are different styles of point guards,’’ Anthony said. “You got to go with what we have. We’ve got to get them on the same page.’’

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...eammates_3LFNZCtNft8svY0CrGomSJ#ixzz1qq4VngnQ

I cant believe Carmelo would even mention getting Douglas and Bibby on the same page, thats a complete waste of time. Both those guys are useless, we're better off going with Shumpert at point guard.

Last edited:

CoolClyde

Knicks face 'tough' times losing point guards
Knicks Blog
Berman on Twitter
By MARC BERMAN

Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony knows what it?s like to play a first-round playoff series with an All-Star power forward nursing a bad back and the starting point guard sidelined with a bad knee. Now the backup point guard will be sidelined as well leaving Mike Bibby and Toney Douglas at the point, back to where we started at the beginning of the season.

Carmelo did it against the Celtics last April, when Amar?e Stoudemire was limited and Chauncey Billups was out.

Despite last night?s 91-75 victory over the Cavaliers, Anthony seemed downcast, realizing that prospect looms again this spring with the news starting point guard Jeremy Lin will out for the rest of the regular season and first round of the playoffs after undergoing surgery on the torn meniscus in his left knee. Stoudemire, too, is no sure thing for the first round with a bulging disk.

?It?s tough,?? Anthony said of Lin?s absence. ?I really didn?t know until today. For him to be out six weeks and to have surgery, that?s most important. We want him to care take care of that. Basketball stuff comes second.??
The timetable for Baron Davis is 1 to 2 weeks, but some feel he might not be able to step onto a court again until next season.

Point Guards Mike Bibby and Toney Douglas have had a very small role in the Knicks season thus far.

?They are different styles of point guards,?? Anthony said. ?You got to go with what we have. We?ve got to get them on the same page.??

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...#ixzz1qq4VngnQ

I cant believe Carmelo would even mention getting Douglas and Bibby on the same page, thats a complete waste of time. Both those guys are useless, we're better off going with Shumpert at point guard.

did you make this up? there's no mention of BDiddy's being out anywhere.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Wow. Please tell me this is an April fool's joke. TD and Bibby @ the PG? :barf:

Our ball movement was next to invisible before Linsanity arrived. We need a pass first PG, and fast. We could miss the playoffs with all these injuries piling up. Tough schedule ahead too, **** my ass. :barf:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
There is no such article on their site... besides, KingStarbury wrote "we" in place of "Knicks" which Berman never does. But that was close bro!

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
funny-pictures-cat-loled.jpg

KingCharles34

All Star
So i guess March was a month...Antoni got fired and we finished up the month by winning 8 out 10 games. This aint our year though :(

*sheds a tear*

Get well soon Baron, Jeffries, Lin, Stat

There is no such article on their site... besides, KingStarbury wrote "we" in place of "Knicks" which Berman never does. But that was close bro!

When i was copying and pasted i deleted some of the article by accident

*fixed

KingCharles34

All Star
but this article is talking about losing Lin not Baron, there saying Lin & Baron are 2 different style PG's

Lay off the crack -__- lol

The article said the backup (Davis) is sidelined, leaving Bibby and Douglas as the point guards.

And it says "Knicks face tough times losing point guards", not guard

lol at everyone thinking this is an april fools joke...well i cant even laugh at u guys. My soul has been hurt by this sad news

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
The article said the backup (Davis) is sidelined, leaving Bibby and Douglas as the point guards.

And it says "Knicks face tough times losing point guards", not guard

lol at everyone thinking this is an april fools joke...well i cant even laugh at u guys. My soul has been hurt by this sad news
:teeth: bro there saying "Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony knows what it’s like to play a first-round playoff series with an All-Star power forward aka AMARE nursing a bad back and the starting point guard aka billups sidelined with a bad knee. (remeber he strained his knee in the playoff with us lol)
they are saying he (carmelo) knows what is like to be in that situation again regarding our current injuries damnit lol!!

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
:teeth: bro there saying "Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony knows what it’s like to play a first-round playoff series with an All-Star power forward aka AMARE nursing a bad back and the starting point guard aka billups sidelined with a bad knee. (remeber he strained his knee in the playoff with us lol)
they are saying he (carmelo) knows what is like to be in that situation again regarding our current injuries damnit lol!!

C'mon now fam, we know Berman is known for typo's and poorly written articles. Its amazing that guy still has his job

Carmelo will be playing with an injured Amare again, but no Lin and probably no Baron too

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
ok, skimmed before n trusted you kingstarbury.. but this is bs. :teeth:

good effort trying to keep it going.

KingCharles34

All Star
lol ill give up finally. I had to think of something believable, unfortunately i wouldnt be surprised if this becomes a reality very soon. We're done without him....it was hard to even make this thread, just makes me sick. The thought of Bibby and Douglas being our primary point guards again :barf:

CoolClyde

lol ill give up finally. I had to think of something believable, unfortunately i wouldnt be surprised if this becomes a reality very soon. We're done without him....it was hard to even make this thread, just makes me sick. The thought of Bibby and Douglas being our primary point guards again :barf:

you ARE the April fool, fool!

antonicrew_davis_sig.jpg

:smokin:

Nyknicks141

Benchwarmer
Thanks alot, i thought i made it through the entire day but you got me.

Really bro? An injury to our last PG? Yeah, good one, i need to go see a doctor after reading that thread title. :teeth:

:gony: